Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2024, 10:58   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
The big question is 'when' will the new Gurkha come? Do the perks of staying in Pune include knowing finding the answer.
The perks end till getting the service support, and that's all I am concerned about. Honestly speaking even the Showroom folks and the service centre are clueless. The SA was expressing his frustration as the Gurkha had caught some attention before FM pulled the plug.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 31st March 2024 at 10:59.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 11:30   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
.............Honestly speaking even the Showroom folks and the service centre are clueless. The SA was expressing his frustration as the Gurkha had caught some attention before FM pulled the plug.
I can believe that. The Sales Manager here in Secunderabad appears embarrassed when answering questions about the launch of the Gurkha. Can't blame him. He's in a thankless position.
Old 2nd April 2024, 13:26   #963
BHPian

5 door Gurkha spotted undisguised for the first time

Honestly, what are they testing for so long ? we all know how the interiors are going to be
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-gurkha.jpg  

Sk8r is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 14:46   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
5 door Gurkha spotted undisguised for the first time ......
Finally. But what about the three door version? Has it been discontinued?
Old 2nd April 2024, 15:25   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Finally. But what about the three door version? Has it been discontinued?
Not yet but who knows? The company has just announced its exit from the tractor business which was contributing less than 4% to the company's sales. Gurkha sales might be even less! They used to sell tractors under brands like Ox, Orchard and Balwan and the tractors used Mercedes OM 616 derived diesel engines.

Quote:
“The Company has, under its product rationalization programme, decided to focus mainly on its core segments such as Shared Mobility Transportation, Last Mile Mobility, goods and transportation, manufacturing of High Technology Critical Aggregates for Premium Luxury OEM’s and creation of Special Vehicles for Civil and Defence applications and a decision has been taken to exit the Tractor Business from the product portfolio of the Company."
Press report here: https://www.newindianexpress.com/bus...-from-march-31
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 20:58   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Not yet but who knows? ............
I can't disagree. With Force Motors no one seems to know, with any degree of certainty, what's happening. Of late the Instagram re-posts featuring the Gurkha have reduced significantly. But given it's Force, it could be because the Gurkha is about to be launched. Part of the stealth marketing strategy.
Old 12th April 2024, 16:17   #967
BHPian

Force Motors just posted this on their Instagram handle

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5qGs...gzbWE5eXE2czN2
al pacino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 21:24   #968

Spotted one today at Gurgaon. Looks like a brick on road.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-utils_frame-1.png  

Force Gurkha Review-utils_frame-2.png  

Harsh_sharma is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 12:14   #969

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C53DF...w5MHlsc21qZA==

Force dropped another teaser. How sad the 4x4 selector looks. I remember somebody stating it as the mixer grinder knob. IMHO lever would have been better. Anyway the instrument cluster looks good. Just hope they don't screw the machine with the same engine tune.

Here are the shots:

Force Gurkha Review-screenshot_20240418121712__01.jpg

Force Gurkha Review-screenshot_20240418121737__01.jpg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th April 2024 at 13:00. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
FourX4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 14:32   #970

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourX4 View Post
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C53DF...w5MHlsc21qZA==

Force dropped another teaser. How sad the 4x4 selector looks. I remember somebody stating it as the mixer grinder knob. IMHO lever would have been better. Anyway the instrument cluster looks good. Just hope they don't screw the machine with the same engine tune.

Here are the shots:

Attachment 2595656

Attachment 2595657
On a closer look I can see ad blue kind of additive reservoir indication on instrument cluster for BS 6.2 Compliance next to fuel indication. That means this motor gonna churn more BHPs and NMs.
FourX4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 02:13   #971
BHPian

The problem with added electronics is the log term reliability of the software systems.

Which is something Tata and Mahindra are struggling to make work.

if someone from FM is reading this, Electronics and Digitalization of simple things are great if designed like 'tools which enhance the base experience', than making the vehicle do everything its not in the name of 'Features'.

Welcome changes are the better GC lower arms showcased subtly in the Teaser 1.
The 2 empty buttons out of 7 on the Dash (where the DPF button was) are now gone.

The 7" Touchscreen seems to have been replaced with the 10" Style Android unit, nicely done.

The cluster is the best change so far. So so modern and well integrated TPMS as well, Kudos!
Yes! Appears to be a Digital DEF Fluid Reservoir level indicator next to it. So it points to a more powerful tune. I really hope it gets the 115Hp 350Nm Traveller tune.

Some little bits I have noticed in spy shots + other peices of info here and there of the 5 Door so far,
- The third row seats and boot space, is much less than the 2 Door Gurkha
- The third row and second row itself is a fixed unit, Cant be folded down. They can definitely make a folding tumbling seating system and later integrate/ sell seperately. Would make the Gurkha a lot more versatile in practicality.
- The added cabin space, calls for more cooling. I hope they have AC vents for the 2nd Row atleast, because in the 2 door it was adequate, but that third row is half a kilometre(considerably) away from the dashboard now.
- 18" Wheels look chonky and nice. Still looks well proportioned and cute as well.
- The launch is said to be on 23rd April 2024. Just a few days away.

I love how the Gurkha has been upgrading itself slowly. I hope they continue doing that. Do a price hike quaterly but keep adding new bits. New things which can be retrofit by exisitng costomers so they can also upgrade to new things. That way it will generate consistant revenue for the Dealerships as well, Just a thought.

Waiting for this beast to show up in the showrooms. 4 Days to go it seems!
ThatBalenoGuy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 07:31   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBalenoGuy View Post

The 7" Touchscreen seems to have been replaced with the 10" Style Android unit, nicely done.
Yes, the touchscreen now looks like the one which i have on my Gurkha:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post5708404 (The Android Head-Unit buying guide)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks