Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2021, 00:29   #256
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

The BS IV version had a ground clearance of 162 mm.
https://www.forcemotors.com/vehicle/...gurkha-xplorer

They did not face any gc related issues even in severe off road conditions.

Regards,

Anwesh
Anwesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 01:14   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
No one should drive a car on Ceat tyres. They are horrible.... Change the tyre, it should be the very first thing to do.
I actually met a big importer/dealer of tyres today since i was trying to source decent tyres for the Gurkha. He offered me Maxxis AT980 but the size is 275/70/16.. I think that may be going too wide from the 245/70/16 the vehicle comes with.

We were talking shop and he happened to mention that he has used these Ceat Czars during offroading and is quite happy with them. He said he preferred them over the Apollo Apterra AT2 tyres.

Maybe he just wanted to get rid of me since I was pestering him for 245/75/16 size.

BFG he said I should just forget about for the time being. The restrictions on tyre imports will remain for atleast 2 more years according to him.

In my honest opinion 275 will be just too wide for the Gurkha.
Force Gurkha Review-screenshot_20211025152351_chrome.jpg

I have found 245/75/16 Rugged Terrain tyres with a dealer in Mumbai but the problem is i will be stuck with the Brand New OE tyres that the vehicle comes with.
Force Gurkha Review-screenshot_20211025030538_instagram.jpg

If the dealer was in Delhi he would have taken the new tyres in buyback and I would have saved a good amount on the cost of the new tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2himanshu View Post
By any chance did you ask him about the optional infotainment system
I was quite distracted by a brand new Green Gurkha standing in the showroom. Once we had discussed about the Alloy wheel issue I totally forgot about the music system part.
In any case the person I upgrade it from will do a buyback, though i may lose some money there.

Who knows I may just stick with the OE Kenwood Music System if it is compatible with rear camera installation.

On another note Test drives are still about 4 days away till they manage to get their test drive vehicle Registered.

In other news the Instagram handle of Force Gurkha is full of new vehicle delivery pics today.

Last edited by Sheel : 26th October 2021 at 08:46. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Manuuj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 01:43   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazchem View Post
Yes, just got back from the Dealership, Received delivery of my Green Gurkha (Shrek)

Now, waiting to get it registered, so that I can start driving it.
Wow! Now how did i miss that post! Congratulations!! That is great news and a great name too! Shrek!

I was not planning on ordering the Roof Carrier but after seeing Shrek I have changed my mind. (I just hope there is some clarity on the issue with traffic cops up north).

My Gurkha will be Green too and before anyone on the Forum takes the name I am thereby officially reserving the name "HULK" for it. Mods please take note
Manuuj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 03:27   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
I was not planning on ordering the Roof Carrier but after seeing Shrek I have changed my mind. (I just hope there is some clarity on the issue with traffic cops up north).
If the carrier is officially from FM, it ( and the snorkel) should likely be mentioned in the ARAI certificate. The dealer should have it. If these are indeed mentioned, then take a copy and keep with you.

Regards,

Anwesh
Anwesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 06:30   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I think it was 18k for the music system. But i don't know why its listed separately since it is not an option.
What next? List the steering wheel separate too?
If they price it as a forced accessory, then the cost of these accessories won't be included in the ex-showroom price of the vehicle and hence won't be factored into the life tax of the vehicle. Life-Tax is calculate on the ex-showroom price excluding the dealer installed accessories.

Quote:
Another thing i noticed about the car was that it did not seem to have proper recovery points in the front. It had a hole for those screw in type hooks that some cars come with.
This is a bummer for an off-road vehicle.

Quote:
The low ground clearance up front caused by the protection plate for the gearbox and transfer case really irks me too.
From your pictures it looks like a poorly designed protection plate that is too low and will definitely create a problem. But on positive side the mount points will be there, so I am sure many will create a good after market protection plate.

[quote=Manuuj;5180803]

Quote:
I met Nitesh ji today and he said it is indeed a company directive regarding the Alloy Wheels since the vehicle has been tested and approved by ARAI with these particular alloys and not Steel Rims.
As long as they allow you to install your own alloys, it should be fine.

Quote:
Yes, just got back from the Dealership, Received delivery of my Green Gurkha (Shrek)
Congratulations !!. Any idea how the corning light feature works?

Quote:
In my honest opinion 275 will be just too wide for the Gurkha.
And you are absolutely correct. Since the Gurkha engine is barely competent, 275 section tyres will surely sap the torque and you will feel it.

Quote:
Who knows I may just stick with the OE Kenwood Music System if it is compatible with rear camera installation.
In the Gurkha Company website Q&A section, there is question on this and the company says rear camera is compatible. Hope so !!
4x4addict is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 11:32   #261
BHPian

[quote=hazchem;5181094]Yes, just got back from the Dealership, Received delivery of my Green Gurkha (Shrek)

Heartiest congratulations looking for your delivery experience details.
Old 26th October 2021, 11:47   #262
BHPian

This is the pricing I received. They had different options, as per them this bifurcation is required for financing companies and for RTO.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gurkha pricing.pdf (203.4 KB, 197 views)
T2luvroads is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 12:14   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj
My Gurkha will be Green too and before anyone on the Forum takes the name I am thereby officially reserving the name "HULK" for it. Mods please take note
That is a fantastic name too! Besides the look, the roof rack makes complete sense. You don't want to walk through luggage to access the rear seats.

MODS and anyone else, I also hereby proclaim the name Shrek as mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict
Congratulations !!. Any idea how the corning light feature works?
You turn vehicle the light comes on.

BTW, Those little plastic caps on the fenders, we all assumed as ports for recovery points. However, I opened them yesterday and was surprised to see that they covered the bolt that attached the fenders to the body.

So far, I have two annoyances with the Gurkha, lack of three-point seat belts in the rear and recovery points.

I have figured out how to fix the first one with an after-market solution. However, the second issue needs a creative solution.
hazchem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 13:18   #264
BHPian

Quote:
So far, I have two annoyances with the Gurkha, lack of three-point seat belts in the rear and recovery points.

I have figured out how to fix the first one with an after-market solution. However, the second issue needs a creative solution.
Congratulations on your new ride!
How do you plan to fix the 3-point seat belts?
Old 26th October 2021, 13:36   #265
BHPian

Hearty congratulations to those who have got the first deliveries I saw the display vehicle for the first time yesterday evening It is impressive and large! The view out is very good and this should make for a good touring vehicle The engine startup , idling and gentle increase in rpms is quite smooth, quiet and vibration free The clutch is soft and gearshifts are easy and not long
Interiors are quite reasonable and dashboard lighting is good but the plastic of the AC vents as well as their movements could have been better
The vehicle is really tall and reaching the roof top rack would need one to climb up via the ladder which is not the easiest thing !
Was wondering how to carry bicycles inside and whether I could get one rear seat removed A tumbling rear seat would have been good
The guard plate at the front between the front wheels seems quite low and the exec.only said that even if you hit something it will not cause damage and we could remove it if we didnt want it There is a screw in slot at the left of centre for a recovery hook which he said is in the tool kit but I didnt see or try it .
Eagerly awaiting a test drive
Also very keen to check out the orange in real life
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-20211025_173015.jpg  

Force Gurkha Review-20211025_172939.jpg  

Shekhar Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 13:51   #266

How serious is the DPF issues with Gurkha since it is a new BS6 Diesel. Or are there any issues reported as such?
Old 26th October 2021, 13:58   #267
BHPian

Quote:

Now, waiting to get it registered, so that I can start driving it.
Congratulations! Presume you are the first owner of the 2021 Gurkha on TBHP.

Eagerly waiting for your observations/review of the New Gurkha.

And I am green with envy (pun intended)!
Old 26th October 2021, 14:18   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
How serious is the DPF issues with Gurkha since it is a new BS6 Diesel. Or are there any issues reported as such?
The deliveries have just about started, mate! We have to wait and watch - but IMHO, DPF issues are overhyped
ph03n!x is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 15:20   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
It should be the same as any other BS6 Diesel. The root of the problem is that in Indian cities, the engine rarely runs continuously at high RPMs for 20-30 minutes, which is necessary to burn out residue caught in the filter.

The good thing about the Gurkha is that you can press a button on the dash for park regen. Rather than having to dig through a complex menu. I mean, how many people read the manual.

In any case, it boils down to proactive monitoring of the filter and maintenance.
hazchem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 22:54   #270
BHPian

Yeah today I had been to the service centre of Force Motors where I evident a green Gurkha, couldn't able to test drive as it was meant for a customer and they requested not to take pictures until it gets into the showroom, though I was thoroughly been there during PDI and had a luck to be on co-passenger seat. On the extreme left end side of the dash board there is a key hole which is for disengaging the air bags during off-roading, this point I mentioned as I didn't came accross this particular point in any of the reviews/ I may missed it. Front recovery is a screw in hook type which I tried to feel the threads by my index finger and didn't got enough confidence that it will be of any help if the vehicle stuck seriously. The cornering lights glows up in the direction the steering is intended to take turn but the speed must be within 40 KMPH and the indicator is on. I had missed to query about DPF regen which I shall do shortly. Mr. Parag Pathak the regional service head personally was taking care of each & every step during PDI which really stole my heart about the commitment they have this time for the brand.

Last edited by T2luvroads : 26th October 2021 at 22:58. Reason: Spell check
T2luvroads is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed