Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2022, 15:10   #526
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Along with the price hike a new color has also been introduced and should be out soon - Black!

Having seen it in flesh, can tell you it looks S M A S H I N G!
Is it the same black of the old Extremes or is it different . That’s a great piece of info !
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 15:43   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Is it the same black of the old Extremes or is it different . That’s a great piece of info !
Thank you!

This is very different and has a lovely gloss to it. Here is a pic (courtesy Gurkha page)

Force Gurkha Review-black-gurkha.jpeg

Last edited by Trojan : 10th January 2022 at 15:45. Reason: adding pic source
Trojan is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 15:50   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you!

This is very different and has a lovely gloss to it. Here is a pic (courtesy Gurkha page)

Attachment 2257524
Yummy. This is a nice scoop.
Thanks for sharing
Old 11th January 2022, 22:46   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you!

Attachment 2257524
Mean got meaner. Black is really kicking hard here, maybe a little more than the green for me
AjayV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 00:35   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Wonderful video showcasing Gurkhas capabilities in the hands of a skilled driver.

https://m.Youtube.com/watch?v=78R-1fvffe4
I have seen videos from Prashant and in this video, there are three SUV's. Gurkha and Thar 2020 did not get stuck because of many factors playing in their favour. Good Low end torque + Shorter Wheel base + Rear Locking Diff for Thar and Front+Rear Lockers for Gurkha.

Now I dont know if this Gurkha was the 2.2L one, that is one gem on an engine with lots of power/grunt.

Maybe the driver in Isuzu was not ready for this kind of terrian or did not have experience with a vehicle of such sheer length. Isuzu could have performed better if the driver tackled the curves/bends in advance. Longer wheel base was one factor that played against DMax. Probably better Off-road tyres+ARB locker and an Air Snorkel would have made it a better player. From the Engine Sound I did feel that the Engine was very stressed.
swunkjyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 03:25   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
We have all just about started getting deliveries.

Are these suspensions straight fitting onto the 2021 Gurkha or will they require modification made to the Gurkha? Any idea?

The stock suspension in my view is pretty good. The only reason one would upgrade would be for higher GC but that then entails a lot of complexity for driveline, CV joints etc.

I doubt i will mess with the OE setup. Its quite good.
The idea was to get more control & comfort for both off-road and on-road conditions. Most vehicles do have a leniency upto 2-inch lift which shouldn't break CV joints .
In further there are even solutions such as differential drops which will correct if there is huge difference.
I am looking for reservoir shocks if available, it will provide more smoothness in on-road and better rebound & control in off-road.
Old 12th January 2022, 10:26   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunkjyn View Post

Now I dont know if this Gurkha was the 2.2L one, that is one gem on an engine with lots of power/grunt.
Maybe the driver in Isuzu was not ready for this kind of terrian or did not have experience with a vehicle of such sheer length.
Prashant has the old tow mater face Gurkha which had the 2.6.
Coming to the Isuzu, i feel it was the lack of experience that played spoil sport. I did see Prasanth talking about how the driver had selected the wrong gear (4H/4L).
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 10:53   #533
BHPian

Saw the gurkha 5 dr being tested outside Bangalore yesterday. Absolutely imposing machine , I have a video but can’t upload that as it’s filled with expletives 😬. The front lights were of the toofan but probably just for the test vehicle. I thought I saw what looks like an ad blue tank at the rear but not sure
Edit: I have a video that can be posted but not sure how - could someone let me know the process ?
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-77f0823c4bef44c18c3f7eadaba216e1.jpeg  

Force Gurkha Review-ee62a8796f304cd29af88b8b50d3224a.jpeg  

Force Gurkha Review-811bf55a8c1244479617c70e186c4b15.jpeg  

Last edited by howler : 12th January 2022 at 10:59.
howler is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 13:00   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
Saw the gurkha 5 dr being tested outside Bangalore…

Edit: I have a video that can be posted but not sure how - could someone let me know the process ?
Upload the video on Youtube and share the link in the post here.

In case you can’t share a video because of audio issues (expletives like you said), you can always edit out the audio from the video and upload it on Youtube.
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 14:06   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Saw the gurkha 5 dr being tested outside Bangalore yesterday. Absolutely imposing machine , I have a video but can’t upload that as it’s filled with expletives 😬. The front lights were of the toofan but probably just for the test vehicle. I thought I saw what looks like an ad blue tank at the rear but not sure
awesome, adblue tank means one thing is definitely confirmed that the 5 door will come with 'at least' 110bhp

Do upload the video, you can also edit the video on any Android or Apple app and remove the audio before uploading on YouTube. But by all means please upload
Trojan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 14:54   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw the gurkha 5 dr being tested outside Bangalore yesterday. Absolutely imposing machine , I have a video but can’t upload that as it’s filled with expletives ��.
Download any video editing app like VN, mute the audio, post it on YouTube and paste the link here.
On a different note, the 5 door looks very imposing. Also love the black colour rims.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 12th January 2022 at 14:58.
Old 12th January 2022, 14:59   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw the gurkha 5 dr being tested outside Bangalore yesterday. Absolutely imposing machine
Thanks for the pictures.

Loved the wide track look.

can any one identify the Wheels used on the mule?

Is that torsion bar at the rear?

Rgds,
Nikhil.

Last edited by jeepster : 12th January 2022 at 15:01.
Old 12th January 2022, 15:11   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Thanks for the pictures.

Loved the wide track look.

can any one identify the Wheels used on the mule?

Is that torsion bar at the rear?

Rgds,
Nikhil.
Those are steel rims , definitely not alloys and yes that’s a torsion bar

Adding a YouTube link, hope this works

Last edited by howler : 12th January 2022 at 15:23. Reason: Added YouTube link
howler is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 18:14   #539

Hi all, I test drove the new Force Gurkha (White) today and here is what I felt about the drive.

The drive included 45 minutes in city roads amidst traffic and 15 minutes of mild off-roading, through extremely bad sections and piled up sand, stones and debris just to test the 4wd and the differential locks. No issue here at all, the Gurkha managed to get out of all situations comfortably.

Pros:
• Excellent commanding view of the road and awesome street presence
• Clutch was very light
• Very spacious interiors, especially the rear seats. Though sliding option for the rear seats would have been good
• Generous luggage space with 4 people on board
• Rear seats are the most comfortable with loads of space and great view of the road from the huge panoramic side window
• Getting to the rear seat is considerably easy through the back door. No need for the front passengers to get down
• Cabin insulation was quite good. Outside noise was well contained
• Air condition worked really well
• Suspension set up was excellent. It absorbed the undulations and soaked up bad roads very well
• Turning radius was pretty good for a considerably large vehicle

Cons:
• Brakes could have been better
• Felt a slight lack of power during initial pickup from standstill and during hard acceleration while the vehicle is in motion
• Gear box felt notchy (advisor said that since it was a test drive vehicle, it has been roughly used)
• Output from speakers was average
• Sound from the horn was very average

My personal opinion is that the new Gurkha is a lifestyle vehicle that is good for daily city commute (mainly because of the light clutch, hard top and apt dimensions) and also great for recreational activities / adventure enthusiasts to drive to places where 2wd vehicles would not be able to reach. Of course, AT and 5 door version might be an icing on the cake, but I would definitely recommend the current Gurkha as a great proposition to someone even as the only vehicle for their home.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha Review-force-gurkha-test-drive-20220112-6.05.04-pm.jpeg  

Airavat2020 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 22:34   #540
Senior - BHPian

While the 5 door Gurkha is more practical, it looks too desi and cab like compared to the three door version.

I think the three door version is still better for those who will be driving either solo or with one co-passenger most of the times.

The shorter wheelbase would be more suitable for the off road use as well.
PaddleShifter is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed