Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 00:26   #586
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Found this interesting article :

https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index....=454&Itemid=91

That appears to be the case with most manufacturers. There’s some exceptions tho, I guess this “shock” we’re having is something we’re experiencing for first time. But the 1-D is still extreme. ECU and Airbags? C’mon. There should be something for those at least. Even the cables/hose must be given at least 6Months. Others like battery, tyres and consumables I can still agree and understand.

Mods - pls include this in previous post if possible, I’m not able to edit it.
AjayV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 01:58   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudiousWandere View Post
Attaching warranty details as images. Let me know if you are looking anything specific.
Lesson learnt (LL): I won't buy my next car/ vehicle without knowing the entire warranty schedule.

This is absolutely ridiculous, how come the relays, diodes, switches are not covered in warranty? Then why automobile manufacturers test them for nth thousand operations and load the pricing of the car with such costing?

I am not sure about the automotive industries. But if there is some manufacturing or workmanship (manual or automatic/ robotic workmanship) defect in gaskets, elastomers and any major failure of moving components/ equipment occur due to such defect, whether the car manufacturer provides warranty?

And it seems to be true, some major components of proprietary nature are not covered under warranty.

Anyway, I'll stay away from this car for the time being. This weekend I wasted time with cars24, spnny etc. evaluating price of existing car!

Last edited by RijuC : 19th January 2022 at 02:02.
RijuC is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:15   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The emissions warranty might cover several related things like Fuel injectors, Fuel pump, emission system, ignition etc etc. someone can correct me.
Is there a separate mention of emissions warranty in this owner's manual?

I don't think it is standardized as such but I would expect some type of coverage for it.
Old 19th January 2022, 09:58   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attaching warranty details as images. Let me know if you are looking anything specific.
Attachment 2262107
This has to be the most ridiculous warranty clause i have ever seen. So, if my Injectors go kaput I need to chase Bosch/Delphi/Continental, suspensions fail I need to chase -Gabriel or Monroe, AC issues I need to chase Subros, same goes for Turbo or Intercooler? Of all the cars I have owned, I have only dealt with the car manufacturer for warranty replacement. The rear suspension of my SCross failed prematurely within the warranty period. The damaged parts were replaced within two hours, no questions asked.
I find this totally unacceptable (my opinion) where you expect the customer to chase the vendors for warranty replacement.
The Gurkha is off my list, atleast for now, will wait for the 5 door Thar or the Scorpio and take a call.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 19th January 2022 at 10:02.
rakesh_r is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:59   #590
BHPian

Good morning folks,

So, after a good night's sleep and going through the forum and "complaints" forum for the Thar and all, below are my reference points:

https://www.india.ford.com/termsandconditions/

https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...olicy/overview

1) This warranty what Force offers isn't something special, its just regular stuff from all manufacturers. I think this is the first time we're drilling deep and unlike others, Force has multiple clauses.

2) What I think is excessive is the coverage of ECU & the hand brake cable. Only those are what I object to. Rest are pretty much standard.

3) Kudos to Force for not "throwing the book" and instead, actually acting on replacing the actual manufacturing defects like in the case of @Manuuj and @StudiousWandere here, The hoses were replaced and they also informed that they're updating the manufacturing process for the leaky oil. Which looks like the culprit is the packing/gasket.

4) Coming to wheel alignment issues, Here, I have a theory/question for the existing owners.

When the vehicle was "driven" from the factory to showroom, was it on steel rims and the alloys were fitted at dealership?

This is because if the answer to this question is "YES", then the alloys must be balanced/aligned AGAIN at showroom. I know this is common knowledge but it might get missed due to the excitement and we believing the showroom to have done it. This should be done every time you replace your tyres and once a year (depending on driving/kms covered etc).

IF the alloys are factory fitted and not at dealership, I think its upto FM to balance them there before "driving" it to dealerships.

Someone with contacts at FM can clear this up for us please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Lesson learnt (LL): I won't buy my next car/ vehicle without knowing the entire warranty schedule.

And it seems to be true, some major components of proprietary nature are not covered under warranty.

Anyway, I'll stay away from this car for the time being. This weekend I wasted time with cars24, spnny etc. evaluating price of existing car!
I think we are overthinking about this. FM is fixing the issues and they are actively acknowledging and improving. Battery and tyres - you will get a separate card from their manufacturers for warranty. And they don't go "bad" so easily. its a rare lemon and most manufacturers will support you there. I think we are overworking ourselves and need to take a balanced approach. If the dealership is not good, we can always send an email to the manufacturer and it is almost always solved. Hell, they even replaced a vehicle for one of the customers, this is very rare and I've already seen it here so soon. I think we need to give FM the credit they deserve.

I also don't see any other issues reported majorly other than the above mentioned two and folks are happily clocking their ODO here. FM is already fixing them and its been little over just 2 months unlike a year for some other products. Actually, this is confidence inspiring for me.

Dad said "you take your call after considering everything" - so yeah, once we're set with some personal commitments, would pick her (Gurkha) up. Will surely do another TD with Mom hopefully soon before picking her (Gurkha) up.
AjayV is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 10:56   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post

4) Coming to wheel alignment issues, Here, I have a theory/question for the existing owners.

When the vehicle was "driven" from the factory to showroom, was it on steel rims and the alloys were fitted at dealership?
The Alloys are fitted at the dealership only, the vehicle is driven on steel rims from Pithampur.

@Mods- Couldn't edit my earlier comment as I ran out of time.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 19th January 2022 at 10:58.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 11:12   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post
1) This warranty what Force offers isn't something special, its just regular stuff from all manufacturers. I think this is the first time we're drilling deep and unlike others, Force has multiple clauses.

2) What I think is excessive is the coverage of ECU & the hand brake cable. Only those are what I object to. Rest are pretty much standard.
Nope! It isn't the same & this isn't the standard for passenger cars either, I suggest you spend more time reading through it.
Kosfactor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 13:34   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
The Alloys are fitted at the dealership only, the vehicle is driven on steel rims from Pithampur.

@Mods- Couldn't edit my earlier comment as I ran out of time.
Alright then, that clears some things up. Dealers and prospective owners must be careful and ensure wheel alignment and balancing going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Nope! It isn't the same & this isn't the standard for passenger cars either, I suggest you spend more time reading through it.
Yes, almost similar with some little extras which I don't accept as well. But to their credit, FM is supporting unofficially at least so.

Im trying to be positive here. I hope to see better terms in future. Its only been 2.5 months, lets give some more time and revisit hopefully with a silent thread of happy owners busy clocking their ODOs.
AjayV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 14:30   #594
BHPian

Interesting drive. This Gurkha is driven from Chennai to Nepal and I have been following this trip and the owner hasn't mentioned any issues so far.
msk_kapoor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 19:51   #595

Quote:
Even today during our discussion in the workshop senior person from Gurkha known by all owners started the discussion with me on the same lines...
This was pretty informative. I am also waiting for the delivery of the vehicle in Feb 1st week. Would be great if we can connect. I'm new here, not sure how to PM you my contact details. Maybe a senior member can kindly guide me ?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th January 2022 at 22:45. Reason: trimmed quote
Old 19th January 2022, 20:25   #596
BHPian

Found another video of the 5 Door, a better look at the side profile.

ThatBalenoGuy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 20:38   #597
BHPian

A very well written post by a friend and fellow Gurkha owner.

I think its important that one looks at the entirety of the overall experience. Things can go bad with any product and of course it leaves a sour taste after the initial sweetness. But what are the actions and efforts being put in, should also be looked at before one lets desperation overcome everything.

Of course it is sad to read such experiences and the company should rectify these issues asap and ensure all Gurkha owners are made aware of the same too. But I feel putting in dramatic titles, questioning 'Make in India' seem more directed/designed to increase views, especially since the team does seem committed to rectify the issues.

It is a good product and am sure after these hiccups are sorted the ones who have invested in it will enjoy it for a long time like most Gurkha owners.

And again coming back to our own experience, the support that we have received and continue to receive during our travels is not something ordinary in comparison to the ownership experiences of the other brands that we have purchased.

To more adventures!

Force Gurkha Review-whatsapp-image-20220119-8.00.16-pm.jpeg

Force Gurkha Review-whatsapp-image-20220119-8.00.16-pm-1.jpeg
Trojan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 21:30   #598
BHPian

I actually did multiple test drives before buying Gurkha. One thing I always wanted to test was it’s performance on the hills. Unfortunately there was only one smaller hill I could test then near Thamni Ghat (Pune) and it performed well.

But I have seen some issues when driving on hills in recent trip especially at Kala Donger (Black Hill, near Kutch in Gujarat). This might be because of other issues I had.

Now I have a alternative temporary Gurkha for few days, while issues in my vehicle are being fixed and I wanted to test it extensively. Only few hills near to me are Lonavala and Matheran. I agree both are relatively easy but I preferred Matheran today due to multiple turns it have and it performed quite well unlike my own vehicle.

Anyone please let me know if you are aware of any good hills to test vehicle near to Pune or Mumbai.

StudiousWandere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 22:45   #599
BHPian

Sorry admin. I am new to Team BHP and do not see edit button in my previous post. Please help add this comment there.

I would like to share 2 more things:

- I just completed reading all comments about warrently above. I see one gentleman even rightly highlighted about ‘Good Will’. Even when had long discussion on this with senior folks from Gurkha, every one highlighted GoodWill specifically. They said Force never do commercial advertisements or promotions and relies on customer goodwill. Especially country sales head (I am not taking name), mentioned he is okay to have one happy customer than having sales in large volumes with many unhappy customers. But yes this is same language every executive generally speaks. Having said that, with little experience I had with so far, they are living up to this goodwill. Like few issues I have do not come under warranty, as mentioned in the booklet, they still called their third party vender to come over to the workshop to debug and fix issues on my vehicle.
I appreciate this, but I only don’t like going far way to workshop for each minor issues multiple times.

- They have given me a temporary vehicle while my vehicle is being fixed. I am always a big fan of its road presence. When I was travelling across 7 states and 3 states specifically in recent trip, hundreds of people came to be enquiring about it and took a pic with my vehicle. Be it petrol pump, or restaurant, or mall or Tourist places etc etc.
Almost everyone appreciated and only one person said it looks like Tata Sumo (Though, I feel the same from backside)
When I am driving the alternative vehicle today, multiple people stopped me to check how my vehicle completely got changed suddenly. (I even don’t know them). So it looks like many are tracking the vehicle and much interested in it. Just sometime back, a shell petrol pump guy asked the same question. Btw this is completely a different petrol pump, and this same guy used to work at location near my home, I generally go.

The performance in the alternative vehicle looks nice to me so far, but I didn’t drive really long kms in it with complete load. Only one small issue I have noticed with dashboard and shared the same with FM.
StudiousWandere is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 02:47   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airavat2020 View Post
Hi all, I test drove the new Force Gurkha (White) today and here is what I felt about the drive.
Hi which showroom did you take the test drive from in Mumbai. I want to test drive the vehicle but I guess the closest showroom is outside the city limits.

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st January 2022 at 05:48. Reason: Quote tags fixed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks