Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2022, 19:01   #811

Re: Force Gurkha Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
More pictures of the Force Gurkha 5-door.
Looks like a solidly built Ladder on Frame, built to stand a nuclear Armageddon.

But the last row, unsure if they offer just captain seats or side facing jump seats.
Captain seats too unsure if they would fold so space can be utilised for long haul luggage.
donlealdie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 14:05   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Force Gurkha at dealership:

Link
Looks ready for a launch ! Or soft launch ? I hope they have devised a mechanism to stow those captain seats away when not in use .
Old 24th October 2022, 09:32   #813
BHPian

The only requirement of Gurkha loyalists / future buyers this time would be a better engine than the current one, to carry more load. I doubt #forcemotors will complicate this model with offering 4x2 and 4x4 separately, instead, they would just have one model, one variant as standard in 3 door and 5 door configurations.

I hope they price it at a sweet spot.
Old 25th October 2022, 02:32   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Sorry for a noob question, what investment does it take for a better looking steering wheel ??
Glasses. More specifically glasses for the folks at Force Motors.

Because clearly they can't see and haven't gone to an optometrist to get themselves checked.
digitalnirvana is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 11:54   #815
RJM
BHPian

This is the sad reality, Force has again failed to introspect. I often wonder is it the Force themselves or the team that has decided to cease looking what market has to offer.

I do recollect when kia was launched a decade back, it was not something people would want to own due to its poor design language, but fast forward to where we are today, Kia is not only developed as a bigger brand but has even excelled its sister concern Hyundai which was quite difficult to fathom earlier. The key again remains with the team at Force, what is it that they want to achieve? I would like to mention here that the aforementioned comment is based on my personal experience as I have been on international assignments for the last 15 years and have driven most of the brands and have seen rise and fall of automotive giants.

one of the biggest moves that changed Kia was taking on board new design team members especial from international brands and their will to become segment leaders. I know after reading the above line emotional comments defending Force , Mahindra or Tatas position shall start pouring in, but just think for a minute on the below:

why we still have products from our home grown champions that cant compete in international markets?

why the design language has not matured over the years inline with the other global manufacturers?

I have to agree that lately Mahindra and Tata are doing a lot better but again, the insecurity of not launching new products with the sense that recently launched product will suffer to new ones will keep these busy with the same pool like a frog in a well. Harrier without a 4x4 is a classic example.

Finally, I personally would like to see a fresh product from Mahindra and Force not a copy of wrangler or Gwagon, not sure why they keep on replicating same designs?

lets hope the champions wake up and gather the strength to believe in themselves that they can become the flag bearers at least in some segments if not all. I'm optimistic that as consumers become more aware of what they want , that will force these giants to take into account what is needed and liked and sooner or later will fall in line. we all know the stories of Nokia, Blackberry, Peugeot, very own Ambassador, list goes on and on.
RJM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 16:58   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I doubt #forcemotors will complicate this model with offering 4x2 and 4x4 separately, instead, they would just have one model, one variant as standard in 3 door and 5 door configurations.
They were indeed offering both 4x2 and 4x4 versions in the 5 door configuration last time around.

IIRC they were named Force Gurkha Explorer and Force Gurkha Extreme respectively.
Old 27th October 2022, 15:48   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM View Post
This is the sad reality, Force has again failed to introspect. I often wonder is it the Force themselves or the team that has decided to cease looking what market has to offer.
Force believes in don't fix if it ain't broke.

As I said earlier, they are not loosing money on every vehicle they sell possibly, so why take the trouble.
Old 30th October 2022, 01:57   #818

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiPilaniya View Post
I believe there are more people waiting for a spacious 5 seater off-roader with good luggage capacity for long road trips and also using it as a primary/only vehicle.
Every one is not into hardcore off-roading which requires a SWB version.

Same goes for Thar. I think 5 door versions of both SUVs will sell more than their SWB versions.
Sir I believe primary/only vehicle should be compact for city/office driving unless living in tier 3 cities. Longer cars are a drag in city/ minute parking spaces. Also 90 bhp on offer with a 2ton+ vehicle doesnt do justice to either offroading or especially long road trips. One need good BHP to chew the highway and good torque to leave it. A heavy and bigger wheelbase vehicle only serve the the feel good factor of so called the owning a SUV. These vehicles are called lifestyle vehicles and not mainstream because they are made to serve certain lifestyles. Else by the look of it from S-presso to vitara from punch to harrier all are SUVs what makes the difference is what you want from the vehicle.
FourX4 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 18:06   #819
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM View Post
This is the sad reality, Force has again failed to introspect. I often wonder is it the Force themselves or the team that has decided to cease looking what market has to offer......... that will force these giants to take into account what is needed and liked and sooner or later will fall in line. we all know the stories of Nokia, Blackberry, Peugeot, very own Ambassador, list goes on and on.
The sad reality is that Force Motors lacks the financial muscle to make the large investments needed to develop competitive products for today’s market.
Both Tata and Mahindra are well-fed financially and are both well up on the learning curve.

It would be silly to say that Tata & Mahindra are incapable of developing engaging designs. And this whole talk of “design language” sounds like hot air! The Hyundai brand, I remember, had introduced the “Pony” a small RWD car which remained in production from 1975 to 1990. Hyundai had engaged a British team of engineers & designers and Georgetto Giugiaro of Italdesign, who had come up with the hatchback design (yes a RWD hatch-back!). This was Hyundai’s first export model & was the instant butt of jokes by the western auto media.
And today (47 years later) Hyundai is up there with the front-runners.

But then so are Tata and Mahindra. Well maybe not right up there – but they are getting there alright! And Mahindra has shown the gumption to introduce AWD/4WD in the cross-over & SUV segment (XUV-500, XUV-700 and the Thar BS6) in our country. Both Mahindra and Tata have also put their models through the GNCAP grind in India to come up with very respectable scores. Unlike their Korean counterparts!

Last edited by shashanka : 30th October 2022 at 18:08.
shashanka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 16:25   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

Force Gurkha 5-door spotted; all details revealed:

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 00:36   #821
BANNED

I keep wondering why Force motors does not realise that 90% of users will be content with just 4x4 with no diff-locks or just one rear diff-lock for a much cheaper and better pricing. Only the hard-core off-readers are ever going to want a front diff lock. What can be the challenges to providing such different configurations in a production line?
Old 14th November 2022, 10:33   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I keep wondering why Force motors does not realise that 90% of users will be content with just 4x4 with no diff-locks or just one rear diff-lock for a much cheaper and better pricing. Only the hard-core off-readers are ever going to want a front diff lock. What can be the challenges to providing such different configurations in a production line?
Probably, Force motors wants the Gurkha to be a complete adventure package, small example of it is the Pintle Hook provided for recovery at the back which no other car maker provides. A recovery point has to be wielded to the chassis (have broken a few towing hooks while off road recovery and learnt the lesion hard way).

Also the current spec Gurkha is more convenient in terms of access to and comfort of rear seating, luggage space etc. However, there’s a lot of work to do by Force team to market Gurkha and then it can garner the required sales figures.

Only soar point IMHO is the power figures for such a big car, the low end torque is superb but on a highway a quick overtake is a distant dream with the Gurkha. If Force motors addresses this point then surely Gurkha is going to make a space of its own. Just like that it Carries the novelty factor of Gwagon.
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 08:57   #823

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudiousWandere View Post
I checked it both with Adult and kid. It’s mostly comfortable for Kids and not adults. My kid sat on it for 40+kms back home on it. Will share shortly pic shortly.

Yes child seat does effect reclining option. But can still recline it for couple of inches. I did check the seat remover process incase not nodded. It’s simple and only 2 screws have to be removed to unplug the child seat.
I am considering buying Force Gurkha 3-door version. As my family is of 5 members and occasionally, we would like to visit nearby places, the only thing which hinder us to go ahead for a purchase is the 4-seat limitation. The dealership recommended us to install OEM jump seat at the rear for the kid.
It was great to know that you have already done that.
So, I have a question:

Is it needed to get approval from RTO for the extra seat, in order to claim life insurance or health insurance, in case of any fatalities or any worst-case scenario?
Is it even possible to get any approval for an extra seat from the RTO? What can be the process of the same, considering I take delivery of the vehicle after the showroom installs genuine OEM jump seat at the rear?
Old 20th November 2022, 15:24   #824
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone help me decode the VIN of the Gurkha?
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 12:57   #825

Spotted the Force Gurkha 5-door testing on NH4 near Pune. The headlights of this piece (Registration number 875) are of the shape of the cruiser, unlike the earlier pictures posted by another member which were round like the 3-door Gurkha. The vehicle being tested was fitted with alloys.

It was being driven aggressively. Could not get a clear glimpse of the last row.

Force Gurkha Review-img_3176.jpeg

Force Gurkha Review-img_3180.jpeg

Force Gurkha Review-img_3181.jpeg

Force Gurkha Review-img_3184.jpeg

Force Gurkha Review-img_3187.jpeg

Force Gurkha Review-img_3188.jpeg

Force Gurkha Review-img_3189.jpeg

Force Gurkha Review-img_3191.jpeg
apocalypse is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks