Old 21st October 2021, 15:11   #736
BHPian

Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Guess the 3000 they had are gone.

Attachment 2221890
Looks like I got lucky. Just got the SMS confirmation

Hi ***, Congratulations on completing the booking for MG Astor - India’s first car with AI inside. Your booking id is DS011*****.

You can check the status of your booking and personalize your MG Astor with your choice of accessories through MY MG App.

Click https://mymg.co.in/my-mg-app to download the App today.

For any queries, feel free to contact MG Pulsehub at 1800-100-6464
nasir88 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 15:19   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
The all black interior looks equally good in my opinion. The red and black interior, however, will stand out and should age well. To note that ADAS is available only with red and black interior theme (I'm assuming you already are aware of it but wanted to highlight it).

The 2022 models will see price hike in the range of 15-25K (per our SA). That, clubbed with higher waiting period might play a spoilsport for some. I would rather pick 2021 lot. Furthermore, the Astor is an international product which is being sold in various markets so I'm not too worried about picking up a new model .
My concerns exactly. If they bump up the price for the base model by more than 22k, it puts it in 10L+ category so now you pay additional 5% road tax and 1% TCS pushing the overall OTR by ~75k-100K not to mention the huge gamble you are taking wrt delivery times.
Arun1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 15:21   #738
BHPian

Sold out in 20 minutes. What’s happening?
MG Astor Review-1716ca161fba430cae62d8eb118518b5.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 21st October 2021 at 17:06. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 21st October 2021, 15:52   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
Sold out in 20 minutes. What’s happening?
From what I hear, all the dealers have been taking offline bookings for the past week and given MG had quoted their target was about 5k units this year(2.5k) a month this does not seem surprising. It's all about what the data shows. Not what it hides.
immortalmechano is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 15:58   #740
BHPian

My booking is confirmed as well; just got an SMS confirmation. The SA confirmed I will get the delivery in Nov/Dec.
maverick88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 16:23   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Looks like I got lucky. Just got the SMS confirmation
I also got same message. But for me on booking page there was banner of "priority booking for 2022". It is too early to celebrate. Sit tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun1 View Post
My concerns exactly. If they bump up the price for the base model by more than 22k, it puts it in 10L+ category so now you pay additional 5% road tax and 1% TCS pushing the overall OTR by ~75k-100K not to mention the huge gamble you are taking wrt delivery times.
My SA has confirmed that those who book during this booking window will get introductory price benefit, even if you don't get car from first batch of 5k. SA further confirmed that same was done in case of Hector. In case prices go up in January (I doubt MG will increase prices, as it is already quite expensive & at par with competition) MG will give us either (1) Price protection OR (2) Points (1 point=1re) for redemption on accessories / service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalmechano View Post
From what I hear, all the dealers have been taking offline bookings for the past week and given MG had quoted their target was about 5k units this year(2.5k) a month this does not seem surprising. It's all about what the data shows. Not what it hides.
That how VAG and M&M did it. Why should MG stay behind. At this stage, official details of boot space, MG shield plan, etc. are not available with dealers. All MG is doing is creating a buzz by igniting that feeling of FOMO in people like us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
My booking is confirmed as well; just got an SMS confirmation. The SA confirmed I will get the delivery in Nov/Dec.
Mine starts with "DS". What about yours?

Last edited by manpreetsj : 21st October 2021 at 16:37. Reason: Additional information added
manpreetsj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 16:48   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj;51783/
That how VAG and M&M did it. Why should MG stay behind. At this stage, official details of boot space, MG shield plan, etc. are not available with dealers. All MG is doing is creating a buzz by igniting that feeling of FOMO in people like us!
Yeah, I'm going to go on Saturday so my family can see the car first and then make my booking. Anyway I don't need the car before Jan/Feb.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st October 2021 at 17:07. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing.
Old 21st October 2021, 17:37   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
At this stage, official details of boot space, MG shield plan, etc. are not available with dealers.
The details of the shield plan can be configured at the link below. I was able to see amounts pertaining to various plans, so I guess we will see a press release pertaining to it soon.

https://www.mgmotor.co.in/tools/customize-astor-plan

Last edited by nasir88 : 21st October 2021 at 17:50.
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 18:06   #744
BHPian

The option spread/price-band in the Astor is pretty terrible IMO. I was super disappointed with the way the XUV700 launch panned out and now the Astor plays out pretty similarly for me.

So I was looking forward to a Black interiors + Sunroof + CVT/AT combo (open to both since I am a reasonably sedate driver, will decide after TD) with ADAS and it literally doesnt exist. Looks like I will have to drop ADAS if I need the rest. .
I'm willing to pay the premium pricing (my budget was upto 20-21L OTR Bangalore) but it has to absolutely match my requirements, I am paying premium prices. I just want style that'd age gracefully, and if possible a pano-sunroof. Why do these companies make colors such a differentiator (in that its not available even as a paid option)?

The more I see these launch/option shenaigans the more I am tempted to just chuck out all these and just wait for the Triber turbo. I mean its much easier to accept a few more compromises when I am paying about 6-7 lakhs lesser.

I cant buy a car I dont reallly like, and some of these little things are far more important to me - particularly at higher prices. Yeah, I'm a little stupid that way I suppose.
Transmission is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 19:09   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post

I cant buy a car I dont reallly like, and some of these little things are far more important to me - particularly at higher prices. Yeah, I'm a little stupid that way I suppose.
Dear friend, you are not alone. I, for one, am also very particular about what I want to spend my money on. Follow what your heart and head desire and don't fall for FOMO with the new launches if they don't meet your requirements. After the initial euphoria and novelty dies down, you have to live with the car for a long time (assuming you are like me who like to keep the car for as long as possible.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 21st October 2021 at 19:15.
Old 21st October 2021, 19:44   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Follow what your heart and head desire and don't fall for FOMO with the new launches if they don't meet your requirements. After the initial euphoria and novelty dies down, you have to live with the car for a long time (assuming you are like me who like to keep the car for as long as possible.
Yeah, thats what I am trying to do. I could have bought a car long ago (though I absolutely didnt need one) but waited and waited and now the market has gotten interesting and my budget also improved - so quite happy that I waited.

Started eyeing the i20 (not the current abomination, but the older "active" one), then Ecosport, then the Magnite/Kiger and increased the budget all the way to 21L OTR to get more nice-to-have things... And I still have to compromise on silly things - its not the compromise that bothers me, its the nature of how silly it is. I mean, can't get the interior color of choice if I want ADAS? Oh come-on now, thats ridiculous.

And yes, I'd expect/hope to keep the car about 10 years (if not longer)
Transmission is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 21:25   #747
BHPian

Anyone able to check booking status online with booking number provided? Page seems to be stuck at loading after entering booking number and OTP.
Old 21st October 2021, 21:51   #748
BHPian

The Chinese are good at creating this FOMO strategy. They did it well with the mobile phones in India by creating fake hype using flash sales of mobiles in limited quantities. Now they are trying to replicate the same in cars.
Old 21st October 2021, 21:59   #749

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Interesting that the mileage on the Turbo is lower than NA engine. I thought Turbo engines were supposed to be more efficient. Maybe the CVT makes the car more efficient.

Also, do we know the kerb weight of the car?
That is exactly what I was expecting. However while booking the SA told me the same figures.
He told me that 1.5 CVT mileage will be around 12kmpl in the worst case scenario. With light foot it will be around 13-15 kmpl range.. now waiting for delivery
Old 21st October 2021, 22:16   #750

So. Finally booking process complete. Since I'm sailing on ship, most things were done by wifey... Had to remote control the process.. now awaiting for delivery. All going well, should get the delivery by Nov end.
Booked 1.5CVT Sharp, Candy White. Not a very big fan of ADAS as most of my driving will be in city of joy Kolkata (terrible traffic). One disappointing thing is that Sharp has only ivory/black interior.
CaptSachin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks