Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2021, 13:59   #826

Re: MG Astor Review

Anyone from Hyderabad got confirmation from the dealer? My booking starts with SE041020** and dealer(Gachibowli) is still not confirming anything. They said some customers got confirmation though.
Old 26th October 2021, 14:21   #827
BHPian

While the official TBHP drive report from the BIC mentions the 1.3 turbo AT having the crawl function, individual test drives from BHPians have stated otherwise. Is it that the crawl function can be enabled/disabled somewhere?
Old 26th October 2021, 14:24   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
While the official TBHP drive report from the BIC mentions the 1.3 turbo AT having the crawl function, individual test drives from BHPians have stated otherwise. Is it that the crawl function can be enabled/disabled somewhere?
Someone has answered that already. All AT boxes have an Autohold that would prevent the crawl. It's a button right next to the parking brake button.
immortalmechano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 15:03   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalmechano View Post
Someone has answered that already. All AT boxes have an Autohold that would prevent the crawl. It's a button right next to the parking brake button.
Yes, i can confirm that as i tested it today..

Ride was good.. but there is turbo lag felt when trying to overtake when the RPM is less than 1800, even though the mid range is great and fun to drive otherwise..

Another annoyance I had is that the AI keep on warning "Left curve ahead" and "Right curve ahead", mostly on straight roads.. i am sure this feature can be disabled, but the test drive assistant did not know how to.
drshajul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 18:10   #830

My POC at MG Gachibowli said that booking confirmation should be from MG end and we should expect it on November 7th. They have been very silent and non-commital in their responses otherwise.
We had also booked a Kia Sonet and it's been 5 months of absolute silence, this seems to be a growing trend in the Automobile industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praneeth999 View Post
Anyone from Hyderabad got confirmation from the dealer? My booking starts with SE041020** and dealer(Gachibowli) is still not confirming anything. They said some customers got confirmation though.
Old 26th October 2021, 18:39   #831

Quote:
Originally Posted by skendora View Post
My POC at MG Gachibowli said that booking confirmation should be from MG end and we should expect it on November 7th. They have been very silent and non-commital in their responses otherwise.
We had also booked a Kia Sonet and it's been 5 months of absolute silence, this seems to be a growing trend in the Automobile industry.
Yes. I booked Creta as well in July and there is no update whatsoever. Unofficially a SA said I may not get it this year.

I guess it is a bad time to be in market for a new car, especially if you don't have any as of now.
Old 26th October 2021, 19:01   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

MG Astor Preview

Wheels & Tyres

The Astor gets funky 17” turbine-inspired two-tone machined alloy wheels with 215/55 Goodyear Triplemax 2 tyres, which look proportionate to the metal on top.
The car i saw in the showroom had Continental tyres..
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-img_20211026_135211.jpg  

drshajul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 22:30   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drshajul View Post
Yes looks like all the Smart and Sharp variants at showrooms are with Continental UC6. Not sure if this will be the case for customer deliveries though.
Old 27th October 2021, 00:58   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
At times I feel at loss when people floor the pedal and expect an Earth escape velocity from the car, that too at times on a CVT .

How many times do we drive pedal to the metal in city or even on highways. If that is your driving style, obviously Astor wont be an ideal choice. I doubt if any car can give that kind of expected acceleration under 40L (May be GTi but its not on sale). You would find the initial turbo lag in majority of turbo powered cars. What matters most at least to me is the punchy mid range which would keep my progress swift but certainly not like a rocket !! May be its just me though.

During my TD of 1.3 engine, I found it to be quite refined even being a 3 cyl and it felt fast enough in City and on highway. Of course I cannot comment on the time it takes to clock 200 from 100 kmph but seldom ie the case with driving a regular family oriented car.

I had driven my 11 year old Honda City automatic CVT to test drive the astor.
The ride was appreciably poor.

When even my wife noticed it sitting in the back seat, something is really wrong.

And yes I test drove both 1.5 CVT and 1.3 turbo AT

I would be scared overtaking in an astor, not so in my honda city.
drvarunagarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 01:52   #835
BHPian

Manual 5 Speed
Acceleration (0—60 mph) 10.4 seconds
Max speed 109 mph
Engine Type 1.5 VTi-tech
Aspiration Naturally Aspirated
Maximum Power 106PS @ 6000rpm
Maximum Torque 141NM @ 4500rpm

Got these ZS specs from the MG Uk. 0-100 in 10.4 seconds sounds surprisingly quick. Where most 1.5 NA (except iVtech) have north of 13+ seconds.

Is it even realistic to expect the same on standard road conditions for the Indian variant too?
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 07:55   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvarunagarwal View Post
And yes I test drove both 1.5 CVT and 1.3 turbo AT

I would be scared overtaking in an astor, not so in my honda city.
Which was worse? I got a test drive only of the turbo AT. If the CVT is much worse, I can use the time for something better.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th October 2021 at 17:32. Reason: Typos
Old 27th October 2021, 09:23   #837
BHPian

Quote:
My question a few days ago was also about whether to go for wider and more premium tyres. Thoughts?
Old 27th October 2021, 15:44   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha View Post
Just got a call from the sales team at MG that they will not be manufacturing the base Style variant and I will have to opt for the Super or higher variant by paying more!
I had spoken to someone in MG. As per him, MG has planned to make around 5000 cars in two months, of which some of them are already ready for shipment. The variant mix, what they have manufactured may not be in line with the variant choices by the buyers who have booked. According to him, the maximum booking is for base variant, followed by the top variant.

It is possible that the sales guy, who had called you might have tried to fit in your booking for the current deliveries, by asking you for an option of changing your variant.
Old 27th October 2021, 18:42   #839

This is the status Shown in "My MG" app. No further update from the dealership yet.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-astor-booking.jpg  

Old 28th October 2021, 12:28   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The paint seems to have a lot of the orange peel effect. Any comments from those who've seen one in real life?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks