Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2021, 12:10   #1051
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
MG Astor vs VW Taigun - Size and Road presence test (From a parking lot)

Decide for your self
Somehow Taigun looks bigger in these pictures, though dimensions wise Astor is bigger. (Maybe because it's ZS EV and missing roof rail?)

Keeping that aside, I personally prefer smaller SUVs that are feature-rich to bigger cars. That is why compact SUVs (sub 4 meters) are my favorite. The main concern is parking. I've seen how difficult it is to park large SUVs and sedans at visiting places in hill stations like Mulayangiri peak, Ooty, etc. Or busy streets of Commercial street or Jayanagar in Bangalore where we need to park on the roadside.
Also, apartment complexes have very narrow parking slots and paths severely hurdled by poles in the basement, it becomes a game of steering cautiously ─ moving front and back repetitively.

I previously thought of buying Kia Sonet, as it ticks my requirement ─ feature-rich and sub-4-meters. But now, I've booked MG Astor top variant, because I got mesmerized by the features it offers. And Size-wise, it's good enough, neither too large nor too small for my liking.
bharatstech is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 16:24   #1052
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Delhi
Posts: 10
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

Hi Guys,

Just got my MG Astor Turbo 220 Sharp(O) Glazed Red today. Amazing delivery experience from MG Noida. In love with the colour, looks better than I expected.

MG Astor Review-img20211218wa0001.jpg
dishankbhan is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 14:25   #1053
BHPian
 
JoBlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 36
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

My 2 week old Astor developed a creaking sound in the roof liner behind the rear seat. I isolated the spot to the middle of the roof. It creaks while driving on uneven pavement or on bumps. It's not as loud as you hear it here, but still very irritating and taking away the pleasure out of an otherwise superb drive this morning.

Anyone else?



(I am sure MG Management is reading this forum. If so, and if want some constructive feedback on what you could do to make the Astor perfect, I am happy to be of help).

Last edited by JoBlo : 19th December 2021 at 14:31. Reason: Vidéo position in message
JoBlo is offline  
Old 19th December 2021, 15:04   #1054
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 250 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBlo View Post
My 2 week old Astor developed a creaking sound in the roof liner behind the rear seat. I isolated the spot to the middle of the roof. It creaks while driving on uneven pavement or on bumps. It's not as loud as you hear it here, but still very irritating and taking away the pleasure out of an otherwise superb drive this morning.

Anyone else?

https://Youtu.be/NgrPoKCvQ6E

(I am sure MG Management is reading this forum. If so, and if want some constructive feedback on what you could do to make the Astor perfect, I am happy to be of help).
Does your car have the sunroof? I wonder if its the sunroof mechanism.

The sounds are those of rubber/plastic being stretched against metal/plastic/rubber in some place that needs to be either not moving (more probable), or be lubricated.

Does this sound come out during regular rides or only when you push/poke it manually?
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 15:36   #1055
BHPian
 
JoBlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 36
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

Another video with how it actually creaks on its own while driving




Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBlo View Post
My 2 week old Astor developed a creaking sound in the roof liner behind the rear seat. I isolated the spot to the middle of the roof. It creaks while driving on uneven pavement or on bumps. It's not as loud as you hear it here, but still very irritating and taking away the pleasure out of an otherwise superb drive this morning.

Anyone else?

https://Youtu.be/NgrPoKCvQ6E

(I am sure MG Management is reading this forum. If so, and if want some constructive feedback on what you could do to make the Astor perfect, I am happy to be of help).
JoBlo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 14:00   #1056
Newbie
 
tamilzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 23
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishankbhan View Post
In love with the colour, looks better than I expected.

Attachment 2246442
I booked the same color but CVT Sharp(O) variant . Good to see a positive feedback on color. Please do share your driving experience!
tamilzu is offline  
Old 20th December 2021, 15:04   #1057
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,117
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

Such happy faces - congrats!! Wish you many miles, full of smiles!

Astor looks so much like the GLA - there is one in my parking lot and its fabulous!
When is the EV (ZS EV) cousin launching? This is the real deal!
Equus is offline  
Old 20th December 2021, 15:16   #1058
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 31
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

I had booked both Seltos HTK Plus IMT and Astor Style. MG App shows delivery in Jan 2022, while I just for alloted Seltos (booked on 17th October).

Now, Astor Style is just crazy VFM; should I take a chance and wait for Astor Style or go for Seltos?
maverick88 is offline  
Old 21st December 2021, 13:52   #1059
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
should I take a chance and wait for Astor Style or go for Seltos?
Both are very different vehicles, different service experiences, safety ratings and features. The IMT is unique to Kia/Hyundai in this category and driving experience is very different from that of automatic transmissions.

Set your priority of parameters, rank them and then go with what pleases your heart and brain the most. One uses vehicles for 5-10 years, so waiting period need not be a big consideration unless there is unavoidable urgency.

Enjoy your test drives and car comparisons

Last edited by vinitbarve : 21st December 2021 at 13:53.
vinitbarve is offline  
Old 21st December 2021, 15:45   #1060
Senior - BHPian
 
ashutoshb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 1,477
Thanked: 2,859 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

What is everyone hearing on the Style variant? Will they reopen booking in 2022?
ashutoshb is offline  
Old 21st December 2021, 19:46   #1061
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 155
Thanked: 307 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

Anyone got their deliveries in Bangalore? My SA is barely responding. I have booked a Sharp (O) 220 Auto.
Sidban85 is offline  
Old 22nd December 2021, 07:19   #1062
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
Anyone got their deliveries in Bangalore? My SA is barely responding. I have booked a Sharp (O) 220 Auto.
My Turbo 220 Sharp (O) just got allotted on the weekend and I completed the payments yesterday. They have said 4 working days to deliver the car with the number plates once my cheque is cleared.

My SA was also very unresponsive and then I think he left MG as well (I have booked at Electronic City). But once the car got allotted there will be numerous people calling you and following up until they get the money
pranji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 14:03   #1063
Newbie
 
tamilzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 23
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranji View Post
My Turbo 220 Sharp (O) just got allotted on the weekend and I completed the payments yesterday. They have said 4 working days to deliver the car with the number plates once my cheque is cleared.

My SA was also very unresponsive and then I think he left MG as well (I have booked at Electronic City). But once the car got allotted there will be numerous people calling you and following up until they get the money
Congrats! Happy days on the road!! what color is yours ?
tamilzu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 14:55   #1064
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 7
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
Anyone got their deliveries in Bangalore? My SA is barely responding. I have booked a Sharp (O) 220 Auto.
SA's/RM's also don't have any idea.
I had an interesting conversation with Mr. Girish ( Team Lead- Sales at MG Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore) yesterday.
As per him my booking is in the first 5000 bookings which were punched in, but due to the variant spread MG initially planned; my name is not in the first 5000 allotment list.

So even though my booking falls in the first 5000 slot, but due to this weird allotment strategy I don't have price protection.

On the day of booking against my name this was the status on excel which my dealer had:

00000045xx -------- B1-First Lot

I have booked 1.5 CVT Sharp in Starry Black.

Got one more info from him; on the 5th or 6th of every month dealers get to know the allotments shared by MG, so that's when you all can call your dealers and ask about your delivery status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranji View Post
My Turbo 220 Sharp (O) just got allotted on the weekend and I completed the payments yesterday. They have said 4 working days to deliver the car with the number plates once my cheque is cleared.

My SA was also very unresponsive and then I think he left MG as well (I have booked at Electronic City). But once the car got allotted there will be numerous people calling you and following up until they get the money
Congrats. I am waiting for the day when they start calling me.
ElNovato is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 15:21   #1065
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 155
Thanked: 307 Times
Default Re: MG Astor Review

Not sure if we can trust what these dealers say.

After multiple follow ups, SA called to say that although a car has been alloted to me as per the list on 7th Dec, due to some customers complaining about getting a car in Dec 2021, all the cars in the showroom will now be received in January 2022 and registered in Jan 2022.

I found the logic very convoluted and said that in that case, I would need a 2022 manufactured car. I also mentioned that I will put all these details in a mail to MG today for everyone's record.

Immediately, he said that he will talk to his seniors and come back by evening. He asked me to not send any emails till then.

This is at MG JP Nagar Bangalore.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ElNovato View Post
SA's/RM's also don't have any idea.
I had an interesting conversation with Mr. Girish ( Team Lead- Sales at MG Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore) yesterday.
As per him my booking is in the first 5000 bookings which were punched in, but due to the variant spread MG initially planned; my name is not in the first 5000 allotment list.

So even though my booking falls in the first 5000 slot, but due to this weird allotment strategy I don't have price protection.

On the day of booking against my name this was the status on excel which my dealer had:

00000045xx -------- B1-First Lot

I have booked 1.5 CVT Sharp in Starry Black.

Got one more info from him; on the 5th or 6th of every month dealers get to know the allotments shared by MG, so that's when you all can call your dealers and ask about your delivery status.



Congrats. I am waiting for the day when they start calling me.
Sidban85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks