Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2021, 23:34   #661
BHPian

Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBlo View Post
As per the brochure, ivory is available on all trims. Sangria red is an upgrade at extra cost. However, the booking web page is forcing black interiors on the sharp variant.
The brochure mentions that ivory is for all the variants of VTi-Tech in the bracket. This is the 1.5L engine.
Tuxedo black is mentioned for the two available variants of 220 Turbo. The booking web page also has the same options.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-screenshot_20211017230810_chrome.jpg  

MG Astor Review-screenshot_20211017230751_chrome.jpg  

ranjitht87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 07:47   #662
BHPian

Thanks. Is there clarity on whether Savvy (Sharp + ADAS) is only offered in Red interiors? I think we may choose black interiors if ivory is not an option. Possible?

Also, still curious about the door unlocking question which I posted earlier... ;-)
Old 18th October 2021, 09:20   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy1234 View Post
Doesn't Turbo AT/cvt versions have the creep mode.?? I was under the impression all automatics have creep mode by default... Can someone clarify on this pls.
Chances are the auto hold might be enabled when you took a TD. It makes you feel that you need to give gentle throttle input as it holds on the car
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 09:54   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Chances are the auto hold might be enabled when you took a TD. It makes you feel that you need to give gentle throttle input as it holds on the car
I had a similar experience during my TD (Astor 1.3L Sharp AT) yesterday. I was trying to reverse the car and put it on the R mode and waited for the car to move. When the car did not budge, I applied a gentle throttle and it started moving. Immediately I questioned the SA if the creep mode is available, to which he replied that creep mode isn't available on Astor!
Old 18th October 2021, 10:02   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
I had a similar experience during my TD (Astor 1.3L Sharp AT) yesterday. I was trying to reverse the car and put it on the R mode and waited for the car to move. When the car did not budge, I applied a gentle throttle and it started moving. Immediately I questioned the SA if the creep mode is available, to which he replied that creep mode isn't available on Astor!
I am planning to take another TD this week. I will check it myself if the creep function is available or not.
Old 18th October 2021, 10:33   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
It's the auto hold which doesn't allow car to crawl. You need to press the A pedal gently to cancel the auto hold. The car would move slowly in D mode without any inputs if the auto hold is off.

The same nature can be found in other automatic cars with auto hold function. Creta is one of the examples.

@JoBlo: I think the Turbo Sharp O variant is available only in red interiors. The CVT Sharp O variant comes with Ivory interior by default which can be changed to red by paying extra 10K.

If my memory serves me right, the doors can be unlocked and opened by pulling the door lever once and twice respectively.

Last edited by Col Mehta : 18th October 2021 at 11:01.
Col Mehta is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 11:05   #667
BHPian

If the mileage is something atrocious like 8kmpl in the city, not sure if it is a good buy, with the rising fuel prices.
Any clues on what it might be? And why have they not announced it yet?
Old 18th October 2021, 11:24   #668
BHPian

Quote:
If the mileage is something atrocious like 8kmpl in the city, not sure if it is a good buy, with the rising fuel prices.
Any clues on what it might be? And why have they not announced it yet?
I am curious about that as well. For the NA.15 CVT, the SA during my TD told me that it would be 10-13 in city and 13-15 on the highway, but I am taking it with a pinch of salt considering the absence of real tests and ARAI figures.

However, there is one thing I am sure of - it will surely be more than the Hector CVT and XUV700 P AT, which are the other 2 choices I am considering.

Also, based on my drive of the Astor CVT, I can surely say that CVT gearboxes have had a generation leap since I last drove and it is difficult to tell the difference between a CVT and torque converter.
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 11:33   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
I am curious about that as well. For the NA.15 CVT, the SA during my TD told me that it would be 10-13 in city and 13-15 on the highway, but I am taking it with a pinch of salt considering the absence of real tests and ARAI figures.

However, there is one thing I am sure of - it will surely be more than the Hector CVT and XUV700 P AT, which are the other 2 choices I am considering.

Also, based on my drive of the Astor CVT, I can surely say that CVT gearboxes have had a generation leap since I last drove and it is difficult to tell the difference between a CVT and torque converter.
That's a decent number. Can you tell us where did you get the TD of 1.5 CVT in Delhi?

Thank you!
Old 18th October 2021, 13:36   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
That's a decent number. Can you tell us where did you get the TD of 1.5 CVT in Delhi?

Thank you!
The SA had quoted 15 kmpl for the MT version and 13 kmpl for the CVT version. However, I do not think the particular SA in question was quite informed about the car as he claimed it's a 6 speed MT and an 8 speed CVT gearbox whereas the brochure states 5 speed MT/CVT and 6 speed AT transmission.

Also, the same SA had claimed no creep mode available in the car
Varun_G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 13:42   #671
Senior - BHPian

The 1.3 TC TD car in Pune had 8.5 kmpl shown in the MID but given its a TD car and people have different driving styles, I see the car returning around 9-10 kmpl on an average in city while 12-15 kmpl on highways!!
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 13:46   #672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Can you tell us where did you get the TD of 1.5 CVT in Delhi?

Thank you!
MG Lajpat Nagar has this variant available for TD (so I've been told by the SA). I plan to visit tomorrow and take back to back TDs of this and Hector.
apoorvdurga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 15:45   #673
Senior - BHPian

Mid-level variant of the Astor. The interior colours all look great to be honest. Only wish this trim level had come with the full six airbags as an option to boost the safety quotient even more (MG, hope you're reading!)

McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 16:33   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, my wife pointed out that there is no way for a passenger to unlock the door once it's centrally locked. There's just one big handle, and no unlock lever. Does the driver have to unlock all doors for allowing one of the doors to be opened?
Thanks.
Not sure for the Astor, but the European model is that the co-passengers can open their doors by just using the door handle. No need for any unlock buttons/ levers.
Old 18th October 2021, 16:39   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Not sure for the Astor, but the European model is that the co-passengers can open their doors by just using the door handle. No need for any unlock buttons/ levers.
I experienced the car yesterday both as a driver and a passenger. I had a similar confusion while trying to exit from the passenger's seat during my TD yesterday. However, on pulling the lever twice, the door opened up. There was no unlock button and it got me confused initially.
Varun_G is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks