Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 16:56   #676
BHPian

Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
I am curious about that as well. For the NA.15 CVT, the SA during my TD told me that it would be 10-13 in city and 13-15 on the highway, but I am taking it with a pinch of salt considering the absence of real tests and ARAI figures.
I test drove the Astor 1.5 CVT and the MID showed a mileage of 5.5 Kms/Ltr. I know it is test drive vehicle but 5.5 is still crazy low. Wonder why the ARAI numbers are not out yet! I have pre-booked the Astor as well but I am getting a feeling it will not be more than 8-9 KMPL in city conditions since the weight is around 1380 Kgs which is almost 150 Kgs more than that of Seltos/Creta. I hope I am wrong, or I might have to cancel the booking.
Old 18th October 2021, 16:59   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Mid-level variant of the Astor. The interior colours all look great to be honest. Only wish this trim level had come with the full six airbags as an option to boost the safety quotient even more (MG, hope you're reading!)

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=toFH2mfMR9w
Looks classy. I hope they offer ivory on the Sharp Turbo variant.

Last edited by JoBlo : 18th October 2021 at 17:29.
Old 18th October 2021, 17:57   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
That's a decent number. Can you tell us where did you get the TD of 1.5 CVT in Delhi?

Thank you!
Sure. MG Lajpat Nagar
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 18:01   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
I have pre-booked the Astor as well but I am getting a feeling it will not be more than 8-9 KMPL in city conditions since the weight is around 1380 Kgs which is almost 150 Kgs more than that of Seltos/Creta. I hope I am wrong, or I might have to cancel the booking.
Not sure if I can comment on that, but since the hector CVT gives a mileage of 8 to 9, I am assuming a mileage of 10+ in the Astor CVT. Plus I am assuming the CVT would be more frugal than the Turbo TC, because CVTs are more efficient as per my understanding.

Last edited by nasir88 : 18th October 2021 at 18:03.
Old 18th October 2021, 18:59   #680
BHPian

Came across this video from an automobile channel from Saudi Arabia on the MG ZS sold there. Also a screenshot from another channel from KSA.

The FE figures shared here are pretty decent... 16.5 kmpl for the 1.3 turbo TC and 17.3 kmpl for the 1.5 CVT. The engines are in a slightly higher state of tune when compared to the Indian Astor. So, technically, there could be a slight improvement in the 1.5 CVT offered here. But I would be happy if we can get anything above 15 kmpl even in the real world.

Interestingly, in Saudi Arabia, MG offers 6 years and 200,000 kms against 3 years and 45000 in India.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-img_20211017_151514.jpg  

Old 18th October 2021, 19:27   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
I test drove the Astor 1.5 CVT and the MID showed a mileage of 5.5 Kms/Ltr. I know it is test drive vehicle but 5.5 is still crazy low. Wonder why the ARAI numbers are not out yet! I have pre-booked the Astor as well but I am getting a feeling it will not be more than 8-9 KMPL in city conditions since the weight is around 1380 Kgs which is almost 150 Kgs more than that of Seltos/Creta. I hope I am wrong, or I might have to cancel the booking.
You can probably use the Hector's real world numbers as a reference for now. Some Hector users have reported 5-6kmpl mileage but that's the absolute worst case scenario mileage and you would probably never see that for the Astor.
Old 18th October 2021, 19:58   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun1 View Post
Some Hector users have reported 5-6kmpl mileage but that's the absolute worst case scenario mileage and you would probably never see that for the Astor.
Yes, however those worst case numbers are for the Hector DCT. FE has increased to 8 to 9 since CVT gearbox has been introduced.
Old 18th October 2021, 20:18   #683

Has anyone seen the red and orange shade of Aster?? Do they look better than black in person??
Old 19th October 2021, 00:38   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy1234 View Post
Has anyone seen the red and orange shade of Aster?? Do they look better than black in person??
I would rate black as the best followed by red. Orange is not bad but definitely does not make the top two for sure. I don't like shades like silver or white usually but I think the Astor looks rather brilliant in White too thanks to the sporty gloss black accents around the car.
Old 19th October 2021, 07:51   #685
BHPian

Price list in Bangalore... With ADAS Sharp (or Savvy) will be 21.5L at least.

Any feedback on dealer provided insurance - whether it's comparable to third party policies in terms of cost, benefits, ease etc.?
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-screenshot_20211019074542.png  

JoBlo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 12:26   #686
BHPian

A somewhat unpopular opinion but I personally liked the Tuxedo Black interiors a lot. Infact, I am searching for seat cover makers in Bangalore who can replicate the same on my current car

Some pics I pulled off from the MG Astor website:
Attached Images

Varun_G is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 13:29   #687
BHPian

Any idea on which oem supplies the cvt box? AISIN supplies the TC. I was hoping to save a couple of big ones by going for the cvt if it is from AISIN as well.
Old 19th October 2021, 14:25   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBlo View Post
Got a new price list just now. Will need to speak to them and get more details.
The insurance is slightly on the higher side. I recently bought a Hector plus of 18,54,800 Ex-Showroom and and insurance (Secure Elite) of around 62,000. The insurance quote was fixed and was not reduced.
Old 19th October 2021, 15:03   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
Any idea on which oem supplies the cvt box? AISIN supplies the TC. I was hoping to save a couple of big ones by going for the cvt if it is from AISIN as well.
I suspect the CVT is the one being used by Baojun in China and on the Hector here. As per the below link:

The CVT was developed by SAIC Motor and Bosch. Working in tandem with the engine, the transmission offers multiple driving modes, including Eco, Sport, Snow and AMT (simulating eight gears). It analyzes road conditions through information gathered from its sensors, switching gears to deliver a pleasing driving experience with smooth acceleration and deceleration.

The CVT allows the engine to maintain optimal power output and get the most out of its performance in each rev range. An independent planetary gear structure improves power transmission efficiency and fuel economy.

"SAIC-GM-Wuling Launches 2019 Baojun 530 Compact SUV" https://media.gm.com/media/cn/en/gm/...un-530-V2.html

Last edited by nasir88 : 19th October 2021 at 15:11.
nasir88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 16:20   #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
I suspect the CVT is the one being used by Baojun in China and on the Hector here. The CVT was developed by SAIC Motor and Bosch
Had this confirmed during the TD, the CVT gear box used is developed in house by MG as mentioned above. The TC is AISIN, so was wondering the same if MG CVT is reliable given the warranty is only three years and extendable to five. Little ridiculous as they offer longer warranty as standard in international markets.
aeyjay is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks