Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2022, 23:49   #1246

Re: MG Astor Review

Hi All,

I was looking in the market for a good quality cover for my Astor. The cover provided by MG is not very good quality. I need to keep my car outdoors, and usually take it out only on weekends. The car cover by MG is very light quality, and dust ends up going inside it. After looking at both offline and online market, I found about TPH Covers. Finally went ahead for their Pilot777 variant ( 3 layered velvet finished fabric). My offline dealer was offering the cover for 16k. I directly reached out to the company through their website, and got it for 12k. After using the cover for a month now, I have to say I am really impressed with it. Literally no dust goes inside the car. The finish of the cover is just amazing. The level of customization offered is also really great. In case your looking for a car cover, do have a look at TPH covers. Sharing a picture of the car with my dual tone cover.

MG Astor Review-20220319_103735.jpg
dishankbhan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 10:28   #1247
BHPian

Hello dear Astor owners,
As of now, I am in the market for a new car, with a budget of 15 lakhs. I am planning to stretch a bit as no car in this budget impressed me. I test drove Astor, Creta and Seltos very recently. Here are my findings about Astor compared to segment leaders Creta and Seltos.

1)Build quality and interiors are better in Astor.
2) Rear seat is cramped in Astor, compared to Creta and Seltos. Surprisingly, Astor is bigger in dimensions.
3) Boot space is also smaller in Astor, compared to Creta and Seltos.
4) I am coming from a Honda Amaze and felt space management from MG is not upto the mark.
5) I don't want to discourage anyone, IMHO Astor lacks the boxy compact SUV look and has a crossover look. Really not able to understand, where was the issue with MG Astor with respect to the looks.
Agree that looks are subjective and depends on individual choices. Not really a fan of how the 2020 Creta looks too.
So, not able to book any car yet as I am in a dilemma now.
Hickstead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:08   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Hello dear Astor owners,
As of now, I am in the market for a new car, with a budget of 15 lakhs. I am planning to stretch a bit as no car in this budget impressed me. I test drove Astor, Creta and Seltos very recently. Here are my findings about Astor compared to segment leaders Creta and Seltos.

2) Rear seat is cramped in Astor, compared to Creta and Seltos. Surprisingly, Astor is bigger in dimensions.
4) I am coming from a Honda Amaze and felt space management from MG is not upto the mark.
5) I don't want to discourage anyone, IMHO Astor lacks the boxy compact SUV look and has a crossover look. Really not able to understand, where was the issue with MG Astor with respect to the looks.
Agree that looks are subjective and depends on individual choices. Not really a fan of how the 2020 Creta looks too.
Some things like electric seat adjustment is likeable in Astor, secondly safety and built quality. Not sure about the boot space comparison but the ground clearance is better in Astor hence booked and still waiting
TheHummerGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 10:18   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Delivery Experience

Took delivery of Aurora Silver 1.5 VTi CVT on last Friday at 1242 hrs from Coastline Garages operating for MG at Kochi.

The entire delivery process was butter smooth made possible by Mr Sreejith, who needs a mention here, and our hearts were caressed by the hospitality and courteous behaviour of the entire team. All pre activities including registration were well coordinated under his precise eyes and executed to a nicety with clockwork precision focussed on customer first attitude. In spite of the five deliveries on that day.

After the customary cake cutting and unveiling from the wraps amid the vociferous clapping by the entire staff of MG Kochi, we drove out to the Enakulam- Aluva stretch of the highway with our hearts full of joy and memories to cherish.

I am attaching some snaps here.
Attached Images

Last edited by rajeev k : 24th March 2022 at 10:35.
rajeev k is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 10:49   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Hello dear Astor owners,

Hello,

Having owned and driven the Astor for about 2 months now, here are my two cents:
1. If space is a Priority, go for the Creta/Seltos
2. Looks are subjective as you called it and Astor is more traditional crossover in that sense which I personally think makes it look better.
3. It is wider, longer and taller and yet seems smaller inside. I feel that build space gives the car a feel of solidity and cocoonedness especially in comparison to the competition.
3. At some level it was mind Vs heart. Mind says Creta/Seltos may be more efficient especially given I owned a Hyundai before. Heart says Astor is the place I want to be inside. I went with heart
4. There is some mind involved as the perceived build quality is definitely better in the Astor and the maintenance packages are VFM.
4. Ultimately you have to weigh the pros/cons of the features available and what you need. You can't go wrong with any of the choices honestly.
immortalmechano is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 11:46   #1251

Hi All,

Finally after much deliberation booked the Astor Sharp Turbo AT last week
It was a difficult choice between the Kushaq and the Astor. Went ahead with Astor as I feel it offers a more complete package.

Need suggestions from fellow Astor owners on the below points.

The diff between the Sharp Turbo AT and Sharp (O) Turbo AT is around 80K
I am confused if i should put the extra money and go for the ADAS features ?

To be honest in the short TD that i took although the features worked correctly but i was not sure how much i will be using them or how useful they would be on highways

Another reason for the confusion is the long term reliability / sturdiness of the sensors, radars any other hardware that is used to enable this features ?
Especially from water damage point of view

I am located in Mumbai and monsoons are around the corner it doesn't take long for Mumbai to get converted into Venice

I will be very careful to not take the car in water logged areas but there might be situations when the car will have to go through some amount of water.

Also wanted to know your opinion on the ext warranty and 5 year Maint packages offered .. i personally think the pricing is decent.

Mod Note :
Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th April 2022 at 20:11. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
colin84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 11:50   #1252
Senior - BHPian

MG Astor base variants discontinued - Style, Super no longer on sale. Astor prices remain unchanged for April 2022.

Quote:
With the latest update, Astor is now available in three trims including Smart, Sharp, and Savvy.
Name:  SmartSelect_20220404114403_Twitter.jpg
Views: 2005
Size:  205.2 KB

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 12:37   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
MG Astor base variants discontinued - Style, Super no longer on sale. Astor prices remain unchanged for April 2022.
No price hike by itself is a good news for those booked and waiting, good step taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin84 View Post
Finally after much deliberation booked the Astor Sharp Turbo AT last week
It was a difficult choice between the Kushaq and the Astor. Went ahead with Astor as I feel it offers a more complete package.

I have booked Savvy CVT red, probably if available will upgrade to Turbo, suggest going for ADAS.

MOD NOTE : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Also,

Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th April 2022 at 20:10. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
Old 4th April 2022, 21:29   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy View Post
I have booked Savvy CVT red, probably if available will upgrade to Turbo, suggest going for ADAS
Adding to this, I think the ADAS is worth it if you have the budget. From a Utility perspective the additional ADAs features in Savvy over Sharp are useless in the city, but a neat feature to have on the highway if you are a sedate driver. If you like rushing things on the highway ADAS will seem like a hindrance to your driving style.
immortalmechano is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 00:36   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
MG Astor base variants discontinued - Style, Super no longer on sale. Astor prices remain unchanged for April 2022
[
So the value for money variants are off the shelf.
Old 6th April 2022, 12:31   #1256

While the cherry blossoms in Japan are a sight to behold, Bengaluru has its own way of turning the city pink. Bengaluru's Tabebuia rosea blooms make commuting early mornings a mesmerizing experience. I wanted to capture my new shiny black car with the beautiful pink and drove to the AECS Layout at 6:30 in the morning. I was surprised to see many people there for the same purpose and some even dressed up to get nice portraits. Here are a few shots of my Astor !

MG Astor Review-astor_pink_bengaluru.jpg

MG Astor Review-astor_pink_bengaluru_1.jpg

MG Astor Review-astor_pink_bengaluru_2.jpg
ElNovato is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 18:50   #1257
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
So the value for money variants are off the shelf.
The Style and Super had been sold out for quite a bit that they had to stop taking bookings, maybe they'll introduce them again
Old 9th April 2022, 11:46   #1258

Fellow BHPians, I have this small query about TPMS. Here are the points I’m a bit confused about

1) My TPMS reading keep changing. For example if it’s 33.5 in left rear, later it go down as low as 32. Is this a normal occurrence?

2) What should be an ideal tyre pressure while driving for 2 persons/unloaded and 4-5 persons/loaded in order to get maximum mileage( I know it depends on driving style but I’ve heard tyre pressure also plays a role in it).

Here’s my TPMS settings showing in iSMART app as of now.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-a939cbd6c9a34792b82ffde12a871829.jpeg  

Old 10th April 2022, 11:44   #1259

Hi,

I have been driving my Astor CVT from 3 months now.

When I started my car after 5 days noticed that while parking the car, collision warning sounds are not working even when there is a wall behind or a car in front. I tried to get very close to the objects (like 25-30 cms) still no warning.

Any experience on what issue this could be?
Old 20th April 2022, 07:28   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish.biyani View Post
Hi,

I have been driving my Astor CVT from 3 months now.

When I started my car after 5 days noticed that while parking the car, collision warning sounds are not working even when there is a wall behind or a car in front. I tried to get very close to the objects (like 25-30 cms) still no warning.

Any experience on what issue this could be?
Did this get sorted? At crawling speeds believe only your parking sensors will work. May have to get it checked at the service center.

Last edited by immortalmechano : 20th April 2022 at 07:28. Reason: Grammatical error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks