Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2021, 16:36   #286
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Since everyone's mentioning about Ignis vs Punch, here are some interesting numbers.

[
You forgot the most important thing, the 3 cylinder engine of Punch vs the K series 4 cylinder masterpiece in Ignis
archat68 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 23:06   #287
BHPian

Saw a Punch test drive car on the road today. Tailed it for a small section. The car seemed small in size. On paper wider than many cars but it was appearing narrower than a swift which was going next to it. Height is good. Length similar to a hatchback like swift. Couldn't take any photo as I was driving.
Old 24th October 2021, 03:42   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Have patience, you'll get your car. Prebooking of course does not promise immediate delivery...... Good luck! Keep the forum posted about your initial ownership of the Punch.
Thankyou sir but I had booked the punch at 2 dealerships in my city and one of them got the car alloted 3 days back and they informed my dad. But my dad wasn't aware what that meant, today after begging at the other dealership who told us waiting period of atleast a month will be there we went to the right place where they had planned the launch today and delivery for 2 customers who bought the top trim and they welcomed us too. even took photos with the cardboard key and they will be delivering us the car by 28th of this month. I will most definitely post about the experience in detail.

Now I have just 1 doubt
- will there be electric conversion kits in the future by Tata for its cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Please check the below statements.
Apologies and Correction : Ignis for India hasn't been GNCAP rated.
Please check the content below.
Thankyou shancz I think I have finally talked my family out from buying Ignis. Though there was a model ready at one of the dealerships but somehow my delaying tactics worked and we did finally got the Punch alloted in one of the Tata dealerships. Now a big task awaits of taking back the booking amount from 1 Tata 1 renault and 1 Maruti showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Tata does a Skoda here

Attachment 2222830

If you want that blue and orange, you gotta pay a premium.
I was so worried after looking at this image because red color would have been my first choice but it's the orange that we get from adventure variant and not the Calypso red which we get only in the top trim with white roof.
Pramathyu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 11:49   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
You forgot the most important thing, the 3 cylinder engine of Punch vs the K series 4 cylinder masterpiece in Ignis
Absolutely. I did mention about the superior engine in Ignis in the 'Other Ignis Pros' subheading though not explicitly in terms of cylinder count.
Old 24th October 2021, 15:04   #290
BHPian

Today we took test drive of Punch and immediately cancelled our booking amount
What a waste of energy and effort it has been through all these months after sitting in this car for 5 minutes
Some strong deal breakers
1) Engine ! Enough spoken about it. Extremely unrefined, jerky AMT and lifeless. Engine vibrations reminded us of the diesel cars of 90s
2) Space - not spacious enough, forget the likes of Jazz (as priced at same price point), it was closer to Tiago
3) Price - At 10.68L on Road Ahmedabad for top end, it was 1.5L to 2L pricier than what it should have been.
At this price point, Jazz, Amaze CVTs and Polo TSi comes as much superior product with 4 cylinder engine and oodles of space(ignoring Polo’s space for a moment)!

TATA - Sorry, you punched your own feet with this one

Last edited by Cooltronics : 24th October 2021 at 15:05.
Cooltronics is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 16:39   #291
BHPian

Finally bit the bullet and made my down payment for Punch Creative MT . I had a good test drive with both AMT and MT , I had the following derivatives

Car is super stable in high speeds. A.C is extremely good and cools down the cabin in no time. Drive is much sedate and sorted out and I had no problems in overtaking other vehicles. The visibility and seat comfort is top notch. Cabin space is sufficient for 3 in the rear. Though a lot of hard plastics are used but it doesn't feel like Those used in Magnite or kiger.

Fit and finish is good , paint quality good. What I wished was an armrest in the front an auto dimming ivrm and shark fin antenna.

And not the least ....one Turbo engine for the enthusiastic .
My on road cost is around 9.20lakhs in West Bengal. So its not much to ponder upon.
Wason4699 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 01:52   #292
FHW
BHPian

In Tata Altroz & Punch, any occupant can open the doors (front as well as rear) from inside, both while stationery and driving, even if it is centrally locked. IMO it is dangerous. Your comments?
Old 25th October 2021, 07:22   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHW View Post
In Tata Altroz & Punch, any occupant can open the doors (front as well as rear) from inside, both while stationery and driving, even if it is centrally locked. IMO it is dangerous. Your comments?
It is the same for my Vento and other VW group vehicles (to the extent I know). VW argues this is a safety feature so that no one gets trapped in the car in a hostile situation.

In my Vento, front passenger door doesn't even have a child lock. For this reason, you can only belt up a child on the rear seat with child locks engaged (on a child seat if and as required), which I believe is how it should be.

Not really sure about the efficacy of this measure though (doors remaining unlocked from the inside throughout) - they could have provided impact sensing auto door unlock which would have covered most of this perceived safety threat (except maybe where you are being taken hostage in your own car and wish to jump out of it while its still moving ).
Old 25th October 2021, 10:33   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Even in the Yaris any occupant can open the door from inside even if it is centrally locked. I think this is common across all cars. No one has tried to open it when the vehicle was running, so can't say anything about that
Old 25th October 2021, 10:41   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't every car the same? On the contrary, being unable to open the doors when required by the occupants is dangerous.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 10:42   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Central locking, as the name suggests, is a feature to lock all the doors from a single point - thr central lock button. But it doesn't prevent unlocking of then individual doors. This is true for any car.

You might want to look up Child lock feature which, when enabled, prevents the rear doors from opening from inside.

Certain cars also prevent unlocking of the cars when the car is in motion, as a safety feature. My current car has it, previous one didn't.

Last edited by ashis89 : 25th October 2021 at 10:48.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 12:04   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Punch vs Maruti Suzuki Ignis vs Nissan Magnite.

CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 15:18   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Since everyone's mentioning about Ignis vs Punch, here are some interesting numbers.
You forgot to add fuel efficiency, ignis had real world mileage of 18-20kmpl(mix) where punch only managed to give 12-14kmpl (15 at best). In a country where govt is hellbent on increasing the fuel prices, shelling 7-8 lacs for a small size SUV is pointless whose only usp is off-roading capabilities, not to forget ignis although uglis had a GC of 180mm which is more than enough for indian roads.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th October 2021 at 15:19.
sabi_swat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 15:47   #299

Hi Team, a new BHPian here. Test drove the Punch yesterday and was very disappointed. The engine is just so bland and the top model which I was looking for is so expensive. Punch's engine was punch less (in city driving I guess people won't feel any difference but when the accelerator is floored the Punch isn't happy). The rear door felt not as heavy as the front. And did a corner at 70 kmph and body roll was evident. But the car has its pros too. The suspension is splendid for Indian roads. Potholes are not a problem. Heck the car even went flying past a few speed breakers and still felt planted. After Punch I test drove the Altroz XZ+ iTurbo and for 1 lakh more (KHT Bangalore quoted Punch Creative iRA at 10.85 and Altroz XZ+ iTurbo via Acko Drive is at 10.83) it felt a lot better car (except for the ground clearance) the only catch being, you need to drive a bit carefully in the dreaded patches. Having said that, I cancelled my booking for Punch and went on ahead with the Altroz.
arghadeep13 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 15:54   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Punch getting launched and being pitted against Ignis, magnite and kiger a lot will indirectly shed more exposure on the ignis.

I won't be surprised if ignis sees a raise in monthly sales here on.

Punch definitely has made ignis look a lot more value for money. Heck the top variants of Punch makes Altroz looks even more VFM.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 25th October 2021 at 15:56.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks