Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2022, 12:31   #436
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

Surprised to see the quality and attention to detail in materials used for damping the door pads and wheel arches to reduce the NVH levels even in base variant of Punch. These are screenshots from one of the Youtube video. Most of the cars from segment above or two doesn't comes with factory fitted damping. Good work Tata.

Tata Punch Review-screenshot_20220219121729461_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Tata Punch Review-screenshot_20220219121630640_com.google.android.youtube.jpgTata Punch Review-screenshot_20220219121615076_com.google.android.youtube.jpgTata Punch Review-screenshot_20220219121817726_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Review-screenshot_20220219121738789_com.google.android.youtube.jpg  

K_Drive is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 08:17   #437
BHPian

Mileage update:

Tata Punch Review-cdf73f7140b74ca4b9cead88592edd5a.png
mr_robot is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 09:43   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
Mileage update:

Attachment 2274888
Can you please confirm the transmission type you have. AMT or MT ?
Old 20th February 2022, 09:58   #439
BHPian

Quote:
(My tires are losing around 5-7 psi in 10days, is this normal? Happening with my Vespas too, I usually fill nitrogen but tested with normal air as well.)
Off topic - but it is not normal. Please get the tyre valves checked and replace if needed. Check for tiny punctures too. Tyres loose air over 4-5 weeks that too very less amount.
Akshay6988 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 14:58   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdexter View Post
Can you please confirm the transmission type you have. AMT or MT ?
MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Off topic - but it is not normal. Please get the tyre valves checked and replace if needed. Check for tiny punctures too. Tyres loose air over 4-5 weeks that too very less amount.
Now they’re losing 1-2psi after 3 weeks, but I will get them checked during next service.
mr_robot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 18:58   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Mileage update:

Attachment 2274888
If you've had passengers in the rear seat in your long drives (esp elders), can you provide details on their feedback & comfort. In particular: Did anyone complain? (esp if they are used to other cars earlier).

I'm thinking of getting the punch and in the TDs although I felt the back seats were comfortable enough, I did feel it was bit too upright and wondered if it would be a problem in long drives for elders.
Old 29th March 2022, 08:46   #442
Senior - BHPian

Tata Punch Creative variant to get single tone colour options.

Quote:
Until now, Tata Punch Creative was only offered in a choice of dual tone colour options.
Tata Punch Review-20220329_084606.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 29th March 2022 at 08:48.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 14:51   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz_nomad View Post
If you've had passengers in the rear seat in your long drives (esp elders), can you provide details on their feedback & comfort. In particular: Did anyone complain? (esp if they are used to other cars earlier).

I'm thinking of getting the punch and in the TDs although I felt the back seats were comfortable enough, I did feel it was bit too upright and wondered if it would be a problem in long drives for elders.
I did sit in the rear seat of my Punch creative on a long drive and after about 45 mins I did feel it was a tad upright. The armrest helps though to make you comfortable.
abhi_krao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 10:55   #444
BHPian

Folks,

I'm at the verge of booking a Punch.

None of the dealers I was in touch with in BLR are offering any discounts/deals. If any of you've been successful - please kindly share.
The only wiggle room seems to be in the Insurance part where the dealers seem to be quoting atrocious rates. So I've decided to get the insurance separately - see if they match and if only so, go with the dealer.

Strangely the dealer was insisting on 50% payment before PDI. i.e., once the allotment happens and the car arrives, before PDI they need me to pay up 50%. I've seen elsewhere in the forum, advice that we not pay anything apart from booking amount before PDI. But the SA insists that this is the general procedure in their dealership. Was wondering if anyone else in BLR faced this. Also, any pointers to the latest team-bhp PDI checklist for the punch?

I'll be getting the extended warranty - but am thoroughly confused about the AMC part. Would like to understand what others who have purchased the Punch got. Gold/Silver or P2P and for how many years? Most of the dealers only have Gold in the quote for 2yrs/30K kms. It is unclear to me if there is an overlap between the free service and the AMC. i.e., Should I get the AMC a little later so that it kicks in after the free services?

I'm also being pitched a ceramic coat for 22.5K and underbody coat (didn't check the rate) - do people generally get these?

Quote from the dealer has a pack for 14.5K (seat covers, car cover, floor/trunk mats (fabric), Perfume, Mudflaps). Just wanted to get an independent quote from elsewhere - any good shops around the Indiranagar area, Please do share.

Last edited by blitz_nomad : 30th March 2022 at 11:12. Reason: added PDI related points.
Old 30th March 2022, 12:47   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

None of the dealers I was in touch with in BLR are offering any discounts/deals. If any of you've been successful - please kindly share.
The only wiggle room seems to be in the Insurance part where the dealers seem to be quoting atrocious rates. So I've decided to get the insurance separately - see if they match and if only so, go with the dealer.

Strangely the dealer was insisting on 50% payment before PDI. i.e., once the allotment happens and the car arrives, before PDI they need me to pay up 50%. I've seen elsewhere in the forum, advice that we not pay anything apart from booking amount before PDI. But the SA insists that this is the general procedure in their dealership. Was wondering if anyone else in BLR faced this. Also, any pointers to the latest team-bhp PDI checklist for the punch?

I'll be getting the extended warranty - but am thoroughly confused about the AMC part. Would like to understand what others who have purchased the Punch got. Gold/Silver or P2P and for how many years? Most of the dealers only have Gold in the quote for 2yrs/30K kms. It is unclear to me if there is an overlap between the free service and the AMC. i.e., Should I get the AMC a little later so that it kicks in after the free services?

I'm also being pitched a ceramic coat for 22.5K and underbody coat (didn't check the rate) - do people generally get these?

Quote from the dealer has a pack for 14.5K (seat covers, car cover, floor/trunk mats (fabric), Perfume, Mudflaps). Just wanted to get an independent quote from elsewhere - any good shops around the Indiranagar area, Please do share.
Due to current market condition where demand is more than supply, we have to accept what dealers say. Also, they may not allow you to take insurance from outside.
Regarding advance payment before PDI, some dealers do insist. It depends on them, if you stick to your stand of making full payment after PDI, they may allot the car to others. Do escalate if required.
My take, give the advance but advise them to raise the Invoice only after you do PDi and make full payment. In that case if you are not happy with the car, it can be alloted to others. You may have to wait longer.
You can try 3M in Indiranagar for aftermarket work.
abhi_krao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 13:35   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

None of the dealers I was in touch with in BLR are offering any discounts/deals.
Couple of days back my friend got Tata Punch. I had been with him for the selection of variant. His demand was simple, to replace his 15+ years old Alto with cheapest one. I persuaded him to take the safest one which should be automatic (I did not recommend any brand) and he selected couple of models from various brands and I sorted it for him on the basis of safety. That is how he selected Tata Punch (he liked the design).
After negotiations with the price (no discount per-se, just the basics - mats etc). They accepted all the conditions like taking insurance from outside, transfer of money after PDI etc. Once the car landed in the yard, we went there to have the PDI after which the funds were transferred. It took almost 2 weeks to get the vehicle after the payment (1 week for RTO and another couple of days for the "Right Moment"). The dealer felt to be accommodative as nothing was forced on him. As for accessories he just took the seat cover as he liked the design of the same. Under-body coating, paint sealant were done from 3M after 2 days.

In short it all depends on the dealer/salesman and the way the customer puts in. The dealer is Trivandrum Motors, Trivandrum.
kozhissery is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 16:24   #447
BHPian

Any info about the smart keys. Hearing from other forum that people are getting only 1 smart key due to chip shortage. Is that true ?
Old 31st March 2022, 17:40   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Can you please share which dealer is this? I recently bought a Harrier from KHT Whitefield and they were very accomodating.

I paid only the booking amount till I did the PDI and paid in full once PDI was done. No accessory package was forced on me, and they were not even adamant that I should take insurance from them. They said they will match any quote I get from outside and then it is my decision.

True to their word, they did manage to match (even undercut) the quote I got from outside, but I still went with outside since it had 2 extra packages I wanted. The only extras I bought were mudflaps and an extended warranty.

Oh, there were no freebies\discount on offer other than the exchange bonus, but since I referred a friend and he too booked the same model, we both got 3D boot mat as complimentary.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 21:15   #449
BHPian

Anoop,

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Can you please share which dealer is this?
This is KHT Domulur. To clarify: They are not forcing any accessory package or insurance. They are indeed accommodating on these. My post mainly was about discounts/freebies - of which there was none from any of these dealers I visited for Punch. Given that its FY end, ideally this should have been a good time to negotiate. I suppose the Punch is selling like hot cakes.

On the PDI the SA did tell me that their process was to require 40% upfront pay. But also said we could discuss that and see if it can be waived. I did make it clearly that I'd not pay anything apart form the booking amount till the PDI is complete.

On a different context: How does one track booking status once the booking has been done. Just to make sure things are moving. I've been quoted a 2 month wait list. But then the SA says, sometimes the allocations are much quicker happening in weeks, while at others takes near 2 or 3 months. They claim that its not in their hands and is mainly by Tata.
If any of you booked a Punch recently - how long did you have to wait and how did you track?
blitz_nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 11:12   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Direct confirmation from birdie - No plans for the Punch diesel. It's not coming.

Maybe AutoSpy didn't follow that particular test mule till the very end, and it could have circled around the Harrier mule it was following to top-up at the petrol bunk. In that case, it could have been the turbo-petrol on a testing run.

But it's confirmed now - Only the turbo-petrol is on the cards for the Punch. Diesel is not coming.

Sorry, guys.
RavenAvi, Any news on the Punch iTurbo? There was lot of buzz on a Feb/March announcement and it's now April
trharish77 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks