Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2022, 00:35   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by trharish77 View Post
RavenAvi, Any news on the Punch iTurbo? There was lot of buzz on a Feb/March announcement and it's now April
Nope. All quiet on the Punch iTurbo front. I think Tata is watching the Punch sales numbers closely and will bring in the iTurbo when they detect a dip in them.

There is a faint possibility that they might schedule this for a festive season launch. Not confirmed yet.

As soon as I hear anything concrete, I shall revert with the latest.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th April 2022 at 00:38.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 11:30   #452

My dad recently purchased Tata Punch and is enjoying riding the car. Bought the AMT version which does give some relief for his knee pain while doing long drives. But he is facing an issue with the horn.
There is a horn marking on the side of the button on the steering but pressing there doesn't honk the horn. I have to press on the top and that too really hard. Showed to service center but they said it will improve after sometime. Wanted to ask if others are facing similar issue or should it be escalated with them? The car is due for first service in couple of weeks time.

Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 12:06   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekjavik View Post
My dad recently purchased Tata Punch and is enjoying riding the car. Bought the AMT version which does give some relief for his knee pain while doing long drives. But he is facing an issue with the horn.
There is a horn marking on the side of the button on the steering but pressing there doesn't honk the horn. I have to press on the top and that too really hard. Showed to service center but they said it will improve after sometime. Wanted to ask if others are facing similar issue or should it be escalated with them? The car is due for first service in couple of weeks time.

Thanks
The horn button on the sides of other buttons should work smoothly. Try to check it on any other Tata car having similar horn and ask service person to rectify it.
abhi_krao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 21:38   #454
FHW
BHPian

Has Tata removed digital instrument cluster from creative one?

Last edited by FHW : 18th April 2022 at 21:43.
Old 19th April 2022, 08:18   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHW View Post
Has Tata removed digital instrument cluster from creative one?
No, i don't think so. Because, yesterday I have booked one and the Salesman shared latest brochure which also had the Kaziranga Limited Edition.

Test Drove both MT and AMT, have booked Creative KZR MT.

That Grassland Beige color stood out for me, finalized that shade and I have been promised delivery within a month.

Liked everything except the Engine, although it won't be a deal breaker since car will be used mainly in city. Ride Comfort, Ingress/Egress, AC are priority over outright performance.

Wish Tata had given the option of 1.2 iTurbo since the beginning.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 10:15   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Nope. All quiet on the Punch iTurbo front.
I presume DCT Punch should be out by festival season, before iTurbo.
Old 26th April 2022, 14:00   #457
BHPian

Folks,

I've been told by the dealer, that Tata has hiked the prices of Punch. For Creative AMT it is about 12K more now. Anyone else has more info on this? A Rushlane article also seems to be talking of an hike.

The dealer says that I'd have to pay the full amount to lock in the prior price and that price protection is only till Apr 28th. Apparently my car had been allotted but will take a couple of days more to arrive at the dealer. I wanted to do a PDI before I pay, but it looks like this will not be possible since the car may not be here till Apr 29th.
Old 27th April 2022, 19:31   #458
BHPian

Chaps,
My in-laws have booked an AMT Punch Adventure back in January in Bombay and were promised a 2 month delivery period.

Today the sales advisor called saying they have a creative AMT available for 1.8 Lac extra. Also if they do not take this, he does not know when they will get the Adventure allocated.

1) What are the average wait times?
2) Is it worth taking the higher model. If the cars are in as demand as they say - why do they availability of a higher model? Are they trying to make the customer spend more; sell of a lemon or am I over thinking this and they should just got for it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited by Samir Taheer : 27th April 2022 at 19:33.
Old 28th April 2022, 08:09   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz_nomad View Post
Folks,

I've been told by the dealer, that Tata has hiked the prices of Punch. For Creative AMT it is about 12K more now.

The dealer says that I'd have to pay the full amount to lock in the prior price and that price protection is only till Apr 28th. Apparently my car had been allotted but will take a couple of days more to arrive at the dealer. I wanted to do a PDI before I pay, but it looks like this will not be possible since the car may not be here till Apr 29th.
Yes, prices of all variants except the Kaziranga Edition have been hiked.

Since the vehicle has been allotted but hasn't reached yard yet, better not pay a thing to dealer. Pay only after PDI, and also he cannot generate invoice without the car actually in their stockyard. Wait for few more days and you should get to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Chaps,
My in-laws have booked an AMT Punch Adventure back in January in Bombay and were promised a 2 month delivery period.

Today the sales advisor called saying they have a creative AMT available for 1.8 Lac extra. Also if they do not take this, he does not know when they will get the Adventure allocated.

2) Is it worth taking the higher model. If the cars are in as demand as they say - why do they availability of a higher model? Are they trying to make the customer spend more; sell of a lemon or am I over thinking this and they should just got for it?

Thanks in advance for the help!
It's simple, Top Variants of Punch is not in demand. Bookings are higher for Pure and Accomplished Variant followed by Adventure. I too have booked one on 18th April and i was quoted a waiting period of under one month for Creative (MT/AMT) of any exterior color. I have read everywhere that Punch has waiting of 3-6 months. Now, why that 3-6 months reduced to 1 month ? Because, lower demand variant are available readily.

Even though the car is bit pricey, and that engine is nothing to write home about especially after using K12 & iVTEC engines, i still chose the Punch due to 5 Star NCAP rating, Easy Entry/Exit, Good AC, Ride Quality.
CarguyNish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 10:37   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Chaps,

I booked a creative AMT this march end. A waiting time of 7 to 9 weeks was quoted. The car just got allocated and should arrive today. So basically 1 month waiting time it is for the Creative.

Although I did get the Creative, if you are looking for value for money, I don't think it is a good deal. You could get most of it with Accomplished Dazzle. (BTW, there has just been a price increase as well - about 12K extra for the Creative AMT. The earlier price itself wasn't VFM.)

Last edited by blitz_nomad : 28th April 2022 at 10:40. Reason: added info about price increase.
blitz_nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 10:49   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
It's simple, Top Variants of Punch is not in demand. Bookings are higher for Pure and Accomplished Variant followed by Adventure. I too have booked one on 18th April and i was quoted a waiting period of under one month for Creative (MT/AMT) of any exterior color. I have read everywhere that Punch has waiting of 3-6 months. Now, why that 3-6 months reduced to 1 month ? Because, lower demand variant are available readily.
Quote:
Although I did get the Creative, if you are looking for value for money, I don't think it is a good deal. You could get most of it with Accomplished Dazzle. (BTW, there has just been a price increase as well - about 12K extra for the Creative AMT. The earlier price itself wasn't VFM.)
Thanks for the replies!! I shall speak with the Sales Advisor and see what they say. They were offered a Accomplised varient but not sure why they declined it.

It is not logical to get them the higer varient based on their age and usage pattern.
Old 1st May 2022, 11:57   #462
Senior - BHPian

We have almost finalised on the Punch and going for top end Manual variant, as I personally am not a fan of the AMT, as it is nowhere near a proper automatic and is very jerky in nature. What I want to know from the existing owners, is the AC capacity, especially in harsh sunlight. Does it cool the cabin well and how do the rear seat passengers feel, during broad daylight and on highways?

The only factor against the Altroz was the miserable ground clearance combined with softer suspension, otherwise Altrox with iTurbo engine was the clear winner for us.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 15:00   #463
BHPian

Happy to see this post man. I am glad you zeroed down on the Punch and made a booking for it. Wishing you many miles with smiles! What colour did you go for, if I may ask? Would love to hear from you once you have the car delivered and your ownership experiences as well.

Quote:
I booked a creative AMT this march end. A waiting time of 7 to 9 weeks was quoted. The car just got allocated and should arrive today. So basically 1 month waiting time it is for the Creative.

chaosengine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 19:28   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
We have almost finalised on the Punch and going for top end Manual variant, as I personally am not a fan of the AMT, as it is nowhere near a proper automatic and is very jerky in nature. What I want to know from the existing owners, is the AC capacity, especially in harsh sunlight. Does it cool the cabin well and how do the rear seat passengers feel, during broad daylight and on highways?

The only factor against the Altroz was the miserable ground clearance combined with softer suspension, otherwise Altrox with iTurbo engine was the clear winner for us.
The AC is one the best in the business. It chills in no time and the blowers are quite powerful in the full setting.
abhi_krao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 11:58   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosengine View Post
Happy to see this post man. I am glad you zeroed down on the Punch and made a booking for it. Wishing you many miles with smiles! What colour did you go for, if I may ask? Would love to hear from you once you have the car delivered and your ownership experiences as well.
Yeah, eagerly waiting for delivery now
I was torn between the Tropical Mist and the Tornado Blue. Ended up getting the Tornado Blue (beat tropical mist by one extra vote at home).

Dealership experience - definitely could have been better. Had to followup multiple times and its been about 3 days since the car arrived at BLR, but still not in their stockyard where I'm supposed to go for PDI. Also in the meanwhile, the SA I was working with quit, lost all the kyc documents I gave them, so I've to provide those again. miss-communicated a price increase without price-protection (later informed me that the increase doesn't apply to the Creative Variant.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks