Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2022, 13:33   #511
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

https://www.autopunditz.com/post/tat...akh-sales-mark

Tata Punch becomes the fastest SUV to reach the 1 Lakh sales mark!

Great achievement by Tata Motors
BrokenHW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 12:20   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

My cousin recently purchased a Punch 10 days back. I've shared the buying experience in this thread. (New cars that are readily available, without any wait period)

After driving in the city and on the highway, he says that the car is good and does the job. It is not underpowered as felt by many. Infact I've also driven it with 5 people on board inside city and it feels fine and does the work. The engine is not loud. Highway runs are also fine but overtaking needs some prior planning at times. Overall he is mighty satisfied with the Punch.
BoneCollector is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 15:55   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
My cousin recently purchased a Punch 10 days back. I've shared the buying experience in this thread. (New cars that are readily available, without any wait period)

After driving in the city and on the highway, he says that the car is good and does the job. It is not underpowered as felt by many. Infact I've also driven it with 5 people on board inside city and it feels fine and does the work. The engine is not loud. Highway runs are also fine but overtaking needs some prior planning at times. Overall he is mighty satisfied with the Punch.
Its only at higher speed and grades that you feel lack of power. Otherwise it's fine. The target people buying Punch also consider efficiency.
Good, solid Cars sold in Europe also have small 1.0 and 1.2 NA engines.
Old 14th August 2022, 20:38   #514
BHPian

Did back to back test drives of the Baleno AGS and the Punch AMT and was surprised that the Punch felt a better car overall. The dreaded AMT head nod was way more pronounced in the Baleno under hard acceleration . The ride comfort of the Punch was decidedly superior to the Baleno. Its only in the features that the Baleno outscores the Punch. The Punch does not feel underpowered at all in the city and at speeds of up to 80 kmph will meet most peoples expectations.
GLAD73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 19:35   #515
BHPian

Brought home my Punch Adventure MT (Daytona Gray) today from Oberai Motors Dehradun. Still deciding on a name for it. The entire process from booking to delivery was completed within 8 days (I got lucky with my option being available in the dealer's yard soon).
Moving to a 3-cylinder 1.2L from a Polo 1.6L, I can definitely feel the difference in power, but our main goal was a city friendly car with sufficient room for occasional trips. The refinement of the engine is much better than expected.
Clocked 1.4L in the Polo (me and Dad). Let's see if the Punch can hit above it!
vkrmchauhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 17:27   #516
Senior - BHPian

I can’t resist from posting this I got from a WhatsApp forward. This car is a looker from all sides albeit having its shortcomings on the engine department with just one variant of it available. If it gets a turbo engine, this car will fly!

Credits: SRK DESIGNS
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Review-8500a198bab74f0c9f3c7fa88bbbd6dc.jpeg  

gururajrv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 19:15   #517
BHPian

Easy to picture a rally spec Punch (given M-Sport run the Puma as their WRC contender). Equally I feel the Altroz would be just as fitting as a rally contender considering the history of hot hatches in rallying.

Nice mock up, though it feels like it's missing a lot of the aero gubbins and front splitter etc that modern rally cars incorporate (Not sure if current regs have changed this or not - just know they have to be hybrid now). The rhino motif is nice. For a road going version though it might all be a bit much for me. Maybe a customer spec rally offering?

I wonder if the Indian OEMs will ever take a punt at a factory motorsports effort - I doubt win on Sunday, sell on Monday translates as much to Indian audiences, so they've never needed to engage in racing from a marketing standpoint. Just can't help but wonder what a factory outfit Safari or Scorpio in a rally raid like Dakar would look like.
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:09   #518
BHPian

Got home a White Accomplished MT for better half, from Arya Motors,Gurgaon day before yesterday. From booking to delivery and post delivery it’s been a comedy of errors, but that’s a story of another time.
Looking back should have opted for the dazzle pack with additional 50k. So it will be a work in progress car for now.

Pros:
Small footprint
Good driving position
Adequate bells and whistles
Spacious
Powerful AC
Safety

Cons
Engine noise
Sluggish 1sr 2nd gear
Very light clutch and steering (jumped back into my compass, and for a moment i thought the clutch had jammed)
Noise insulation could be better
Auto fold orvms

Full marks to Tata Motors for a good engineered vehicle, could be a tad bit cheaper !
docted is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 15:49   #519

Booked a White Punch Pure rythm. Has anyone tried to upgrade the wheels or tyres after taking delivery? Anyone fitted reverse camera?
Old 19th September 2022, 22:32   #520

Also, not sure if this was discussed earlier, I could find huge gaps next to the headlights, even in the top end Kaziranga edition. Is this normal or was this gap left for some accessorie? The show room staff is clueless and say this is the same across all editions of Punch.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Review-gap_headlights.png  

Old 20th September 2022, 02:21   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrak View Post
Also, not sure if this was discussed earlier, I could find huge gaps next to the headlights, even in the top end Kaziranga edition. Is this normal or was this gap left for some accessorie? The show room staff is clueless and say this is the same across all editions of Punch.
This may be for the aero efficiency air pass thru. Air flow will pass across the wheel wells cleaning up the airflow and become more aero efficient.
sreedotk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 20:31   #522
Senior - BHPian

Tata Punch Camo edition to be launched on Sep 22nd.

ashutoshb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 20:20   #523
BHPian

I did a test drive of Punch AMT. Though the gear shift was noticeable, there was no jerk. The drive was smooth and the steering feed back was good (I currently own a Figo). Definitely a VFM package
raju2512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 18:36   #524
BHPian

I did a test drove of punch MT today. Gear shift (1st and 2nd) was very hard while driving. At idle, the gear shift was fine. The car was new with under 1200 KM. Is this normal?

I am planning to buy one for city use. Confused between Ignis and Punch.
Old 2nd October 2022, 17:01   #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrak View Post
It is called an Air Curtain. The aerodynamics is used to deliver better low-end torque by delivering cool air to the engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks