Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:04   #466
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
is the AC capacity, especially in harsh sunlight. Does it cool the cabin well and how do the rear seat passengers feel, during broad daylight and on highways?
Not a owner yet (booked, waiting for delivery). But for whatever its worth: I test drove quite a few cars (Maruti, Tata, Honda), and about 4 different specimen of the Punch itself. In every one of them, I also took a back seat ride too. Amongst all those rides, despite the lack of rear A/C vents - the Punch was the best A/C experience.
Old 4th May 2022, 08:52   #467
BHPian

Being an owner for 8 months approx now. I can vouch for Tata Punch being no side line player. I have the creative MT DT Calypso Red. You would never feel cramped for space ,headroom or legroom.

The AC is the best in the class cools off in Jharkhand Heat of 46 degrees within minutes. The rear passenger never complained of not having a rear vent.

The headlights are adequate the handling is crisp and you would never feel you are in a small car.
Wason4699 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 09:16   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wason4699 View Post
Being an owner for 8 months approx now.
Can you describe the experience of back seat passengers on long drives, do people find the seat too upright? Particularly elders?
Old 4th May 2022, 10:20   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz_nomad View Post
Can you describe the experience of back seat passengers on long drives, do people find the seat too upright? Particularly elders?

My parents are both senior citizens with pain in joints and we recently did a tour of 500km with one break and believe me they didn't complain once. Yes nothing beats Nexon in backseat experience but Punch packs a punch here too.
Wason4699 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 15:42   #470
Senior - BHPian

Any news about the Tata Punch with iTurbo engine? The current Punch feels very weak off the hook and while overtaking. The iTurbo will help cover the weak spots.

We are in the process of booking a new car for my wife. If the turbo variant is around the corner, we can wait a bit longer.
Old 14th May 2022, 11:19   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wason4699 View Post
My parents are both senior citizens with pain in joints and we recently did a tour of 500km with one break and believe me they didn't complain once. Yes nothing beats Nexon in backseat experience but Punch packs a punch here too.

Thanks.

One question: Is there no way to pause music from steering mounted controls? I can see there are buttons for next, prev, incr/decr vol, but no pause, there is a just the ability to mute. Is this really the case or am I just missing it? Pause is fairly basic functionality, I'd have preferred it over mute.
Why would Tata do this? Sort of 'radio' minded. If the audio source is radio, it ought to be a mute function, but if the source is BT, it ought to pause instead of mute. Seeing the buttons during the test drive, I thought that is probably the way it works, but apparently that isn't the case. When you mute playback, the music keeps playing, just that the audio is muted.
Old 14th May 2022, 13:28   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz_nomad View Post
An upright seat back is actually appreciated by senior citizens and those with lumbar and cervical issues, especially over longer distances. Punch’s back seat is the best in its class in terms of seating position and cushioning. Personally, I find it’s bench better than the Nexon’s for two.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 14th May 2022 at 13:43.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 14:26   #473
Senior - BHPian

We booked the Punch in Creative persona with IRA pack, by paying the booking amount of 10,000/-. Booking amount is fully refundable, in case of change of plan. Wife liked the TROPICAL MIST colour the most. Although I found the Punch engine weak in the first test drive, I found pretty tractable in city traffic as well as highway in my second longer test drive.

10.2 lacs on-road Pune is the quoted price. I am going to negotiate on insurance and accessories pack and any other unwanted item forced into the price. Also, we will be exchanging our Chevy Spark for which they quoted 90k to 1 lacs exchange price, which is quite decent, compared to what we expected.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Review-tropicalmistpunch.jpg  

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 16th May 2022 at 14:42.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 19:32   #474
BHPian

Hi Guys
I would like to know if the essential pack offered with the Tata Punch makes sense to buy or not .

Also , can someone please tell me how much FE can we extract from the Tata Punch AMT in normal NCR traffic , by reading this thread i got to know that people are getting as low as 10 kmpl

Thanks in advance guys
Old 17th May 2022, 19:24   #475
Senior - BHPian

Dear BHPians, happy to share that I took delivery of my Tata Punch on May 13th. Variant is Kaziranga Creative MT in Unique Shade of Grassland Beige with Gloss Black Roof.

I had booked the car on April 18th after Test Driving one, drove both MT and AMT and found the latter to be jerky, laggy and not that good except for the fact that gear shifts happen automatically. With no choices, I had to settle for Manual which felt much better. I also traded my 2016 Tata Tiago Diesel for 3.25 lakhs.

Most of the variants in Punch Line-up have waiting of 3-5 months, but mine being a limited version and since it's based on top end Creative variant, I managed to get it quicker. Initial Impressions are good. Car is well built, interiors are appealing, seats are much comfortable and are placed high. Driving position is SUV like, Ingress/Egress is very good due to large doors and 90 degree opening. AC is simply Fantastic, easily the best in an under 10 lakh car. It cools in no time no matter the weather outside. Rear AC vents are not missed in this one. Front AC are effective even for rear passengers.

Drive experience has been average to say that least. In fact, I felt the engine to be the biggest weak link in this otherwise very good package. Engine has typical 3 cyl character, vibrations are felt at idle and in initial gears. It has weak bottom end, you need to rev it a bit to get moving. 3rd gear is better and 4th and 5th gears are very smooth. Overtaking needs planning, so yeah an iTurbo Engine from Altroz would have made it perform better. Ride quality is very good, takes bumps and potholes with ease without transmitting to cabin. In fact, ride is similar to the Tiago I had been using these years. Handling is also safe and predictable, high speed manners is very mature and brilliant to say the least, doesn't feel like a small car/micro SUV. Steering also weighs up well as speed increases. Overall a Very Good car.

Tata should offer the iTurbo Engine on higher variants at a premium, that way the cars dynamics will be justified. Also, an EV version will make it both powerful and efficient. I don't know why Tata is not able to launch it when they have the platform ready for it. Will be creating an ownership report soon with detailed pictures of this Limited Edition.

Thank You

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th May 2022 at 14:36. Reason: Clubbing sentences into paras :)
CarguyNish is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 11:47   #476
BHPian

Punch Owners,

If anyone has installed Rat mesh can you please comment on your experience and cost.

I was told by the service advisor that 5 places require mesh - cold top, bumpers, fenders. But then, when they opened up the first spot, they saw that a rat mesh was already in place! So now my SA is saying Tata motors is already fitting the newer Punch vehicles with a mesh.

I'm a little worried if Tata has covered all 5 places. Just wanted to understand what other owners see...

Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 11:52   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Hi Guys
I would like to know if the essential pack offered with the Tata Punch makes sense to buy or not .

Also , can someone please tell me how much FE can we extract from the Tata Punch AMT in normal NCR traffic , by reading this thread i got to know that people are getting as low as 10 kmpl

Thanks in advance guys
My Punch (Creative, AMT) is less than a month old since delivery. City mode in BLR traffic, gives me only 8 kmpl (take that with a caveat: I'm new to driving). I did manage to take it on 300Km drive: Eco mode, with A/C on for most of the drive, got about 17-18kmpl.
blitz_nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 07:51   #478
Senior - BHPian

Did a test drive of the Punch yesterday. Found the ride quality immensely good. It literally glided over bad roads.

It was all great, till we sat in the rear seat. The seat is so upright, that wifey rejected it, right away.

I understand that, this was done in order to make space in the boot. But, maybe they could have given an option to adjust the back rest as per one's convenience. The boot is not used all the time and rear passengers would have been more comfortable.
ashutoshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 18:28   #479
BHPian

Hello guys
I had a small yet conflicted query

Which variant of the Tata punch is the most VFM and which automatic variant of the Punch makes the most sense .

We checked out the Renault Kiger this weekend and the kiger felt like we were in a truck , everything was shaking in the car . Our SX4 has a better Build quality than the Kiger . It had run only 25k Km on the odometer, the TD punch had run close to 18k Km on the odometer.

The Punch is the winner for us but now , I wanted to know which variant made the most sense to buy.

Thanks in advance
Old 2nd June 2022, 21:55   #480
BHPian

After buying Accomplished I can easily say that Adventure with rhythm pack is the most value for money model of Punch. Its my personal opinion but am not a big fan of push button start nor do I need cruise control in my city use car and the led taillamps are just for exterior looks which I will never get to see in action.

The main reason for me to buy Accomplished variant was that the driver seat's height was adjustable and would be convenient for my wife to drive. But I feel paying 50K extra over Adventure with rhythm pack was not worth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks