Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2022, 17:36   #526
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by trharish77 View Post
It is called an Air Curtain. The aerodynamics is used to deliver better low-end torque by delivering cool air to the engine.
No, its directs some air to the front wheel which aids in aerodynamics.
abhi_krao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 08:43   #527
BHPian

Got baby Punch Creative AMT Kaziranga deliver on October 2. Sharing parking with 2011 born aunt Vista.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Review-20221003_072350.jpg  

Tata Punch Review-20221003_072324.jpg  

speed79 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 09:01   #528

One more doubt. While washing the Punch today, observed that the coolant pipe didn't contain any liquid even though the coolant container itself is full. Is this normal or the delivery guys forgot to do something to enable coolant flow? The engine temperature as shown in the dashboard panel is usual, never crosses 40% on the Guage but from day one, we found that the front of the car radiates heat when walking around. I thought that it's the normal nature of this engine as dashboard indicator is not showing hot. Should I be worried? I will upload images from my laptop in a bit, unable to add them from my phone.
chandrak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 09:33   #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrak View Post
One more doubt. While washing the Punch today, observed that the coolant pipe didn't contain any liquid even though the coolant container itself is full. Is this normal or the delivery guys forgot to do something to enable coolant flow? The engine temperature as shown in the dashboard panel is usual, never crosses 40% on the Guage but from day one, we found that the front of the car radiates heat when walking around. I thought that it's the normal nature of this engine as dashboard indicator is not showing hot. Should I be worried? I will upload images from my laptop in a bit, unable to add them from my phone.
Here are the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Review-whatsapp-image-20221004-08.41.37.jpeg  

Tata Punch Review-whatsapp-image-20221004-08.41.45.jpeg  

Tata Punch Review-whatsapp-image-20221004-08.41.54.jpeg  

Old 19th October 2022, 09:25   #530
BHPian

The Tata Punch has turned a year old yesterday and sold 118,767 units in 12 months in India.
Launched on October 18, 2021, this compact SUV is now Tata Motors’ second best-selling product after the Nexon

Source : Autocarpro

https://www.autocarpro.in/analysis-s...-months-103083

Name:  20221019_092430.jpg
Views: 1752
Size:  45.3 KB
BrokenHW is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 19:20   #531
FHW
BHPian

Was called by dealer to bring the Punch for some sort of update related to radiator fuse.

Anyone else got it?
Old 22nd October 2022, 10:18   #532
FHW
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHW View Post
Was called by dealer to bring the Punch for some sort of update related to radiator fuse.

Anyone else got it?
The updation is:

Changing of radiator fan fuse from 40A to 30A.
Old 8th November 2022, 10:09   #533
BHPian

It was time to part with my trusted Figo Duratech petrol which was with me for 12 years and 1,84,000 kms.

Brought home Accomplished AMT on Saturday. So far I have driven about 150 km in both heavy traffic and highways. The choice was between Adventure + Rhythm and accomplished which was 40k costlier. Went ahead with accomplished since keyless start stop, cruise control could be fitted in after market.

Some observations

1. AMT gear shift is smooth and no jerks or head nods. Co passengers didn't feel the gear change.

2. In start stop kind of traffic, it took me time to get used but it very easy drive in such conditions and you could inch forward as you do in MT

3. In city if you are in eco mode pick up is sluggish. In city mode it is OK. You can't dart out of signals but car quicky gains speed.

4. I was a co passenger when we drove in a highway. Speed was kept with in 80kmph due to run-in period. I didn't feel the engine struggling

5. Steering feed back was very good

6. AC is a chiller

7. Music system is very good but Android Auto is not connecting. Tried different phone and cables

Will post a detailed review in a separate thread.
raju2512 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 05:24   #534

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
7. Music system is very good but Android Auto is not connecting. Tried different phone and cables

Will post a detailed review in a separate thread.
Check if you're using Dual apps like whatsapp/Facebook/Messenger. Make it single and try.
ashislakra1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 09:16   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashislakra1989 View Post
Check if you're using Dual apps like whatsapp/Facebook/Messenger. Make it single and try.
Thanks for the suggestion. After a few attempts and different cables, it is working now. But I don't think I will use it often. Other than maps, when needed , I would prefer to just connect phone over blue tooth

ConnectNext is also not very impressive. It should show data for at least last 5 drives
raju2512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 12:37   #536
Senior - BHPian

In my Tiago's case too, Android Auto wasnt working in the beginning. After updating my mobile and restarting it, it started showing up.
Old 23rd November 2022, 13:38   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarind View Post
The door lock placements don't bother anybody here with kids at home ?

Source: https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=gobTYPWwsl0
This is a disaster!

I have a 5 year old and even though she always sits at the back and in a car seat, except for <5 km local pickup-drop, this flaw can be deadly.

A "locked" door should NEVER open by pulling on the door handle. Absolutely a fatal and mindless flaw.

Child-locks are engaged for long-drives or if that seat will be used only and exclusively by a child. For most of us in India, a rear seat is used by adults(parents), guests, child, maids, family and even dogs :-). A child-lock is cumbersome (intentionally) and will never be engaged on a daily basis .

I can already visualize my restless girl playing with this shiny door handle while the maid looks at her phone
Old 23rd November 2022, 14:27   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
A "locked" door should NEVER open by pulling on the door handle. Absolutely a fatal and mindless flaw.
This is not a flaw but intentional design. Going forward, most of the car brands are going to adopt similar locking/unlocking mechanisms from a safety point of view. Volkswagen cars are also similar in their locking/unlocking. My Polo doesn't even have the unlock hook, it just opens from inside at all times.

You must necessarily seat your child in the rear with the child locks on those doors engaged. That's also a mandatory safety method one must adopt, along with a child seat. The airbag of the front seat is a hazard for the little ones, they should not be sat in the passenger seat no matter however short the distance is.
RoadMonkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 17:05   #539
BHPian

Tata Punch vs Citroën C3 comparo by Autocar India. Except the engine, Punch is an amazing package, IMO:

FireBlade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 01:13   #540

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
This is a disaster!

I have a 5 year old and even though she always sits at the back and in a car seat, except for <5 km local pickup-drop, this flaw can be deadly.

Child-locks are engaged for long-drives or if that seat will be used only and exclusively by a child. For most of us in India, a rear seat is used by adults(parents), guests, child, maids, family and even dogs :-). A child-lock is cumbersome (intentionally) and will never be engaged on a daily basis .

I can already visualize my restless girl playing with this shiny door handle while the maid looks at her phone
This is a safety requirement atleast here in europe. It’s to ensure you can exit the vehicle quickly in case of emergency. As far as I know this has been standard for the last 5 years atleast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks