Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2021, 17:48   #241
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Insightful of Skoda to have provided (what look like) adjustable rear headrests; Something that Honda skimps out on even in the 5th Gen ZX City.

A Wireless charger as well as ventilated seats are useful additions which the City sorely misses out on!

Skoda has chosen to go down the USB-C route for the Slavia whilst City has stuck with the old-school conventional power sockets and USB-A ports.

What perplexes me is the reluctance to reveal spec-wise trims and pricing at launch whilst simultaneously accepting bookings for the vehicle, how does that work out?
Actuator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 17:49   #242
BHPian

Skoda moving to ceat tyres and maruti moving to Yokohama! Shouldn't it be the other way round?

Rim size feels an inch smaller than needed. Blue looks good . If priced in the vicinity of the Honda city should be great value and finally should end Honda's almost monopoly in the sedan segment.
Nanolover is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 17:58   #243
BHPian

So, what is the difference between booking and pre-booking? They are asking for 11000 INR during this "pre-booking". So what is "pre" about it? Is it pre-booking because the prices are not revealed yet?

Also if I do pre-booking online, will I be able to change the colour later before delivery or when I TD the car etc or I need to stick with the color I pre-book?

Any inputs would be appreciated.
ulag62442 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 18:09   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV NXT View Post
Color options on the Slavia:
No white color? Surprising! In white color this will look classy for sure.

Till now I like what I see in photos. Looks good car inside out. Pricing is the key. I expect it to be pricier by 1-1.5 Lakh than Honda City.
Old 18th November 2021, 18:13   #245
BHPian

Mumbai OTR for top end Kushaq is almost 3.5-4 lakhs more than top end OTR of City. There is no way Slavia would be priced much less than Kushaq. Most likely we will see another price hike by Honda City next Jan and yet top end Slavia would still be priced 3 lakhs higer than ZX CVT City. There is no way the price difference between the two would be less than 3 lakhs. Slavia will have all the German build, turbocharged, dual clutch etc narative to justify the premium.
manish84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 18:20   #246
BHPian

The side and the rear profile exudes class and minimalism, but the front fascia is just the opposite. The thick chamfered chrome strip around the grille and the profile layout extending from the air dam to the fog lamp housing are ugly and take away the elegance. Quite polarising!

The interiors are lovely. Good to see a mix of black and beige theme used all around. Dashboard is uncluttered too. Disappointed with the seats of Kushaq, would Skoda have improved the quantity of foam and the quality of seat material?

No complaints regarding the stance of the car though. Since functionality matters, the raised GC would attract buyers of the C-SUV segment and we may see the revival of sedans and hopefully, some new competition(a sedan from Tata) in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
If priced in the vicinity of the Honda city should be great value and finally should end Honda's almost monopoly in the sedan segment.
Maybe the final nail in the coffin for Honda in India!

Last edited by eccentric : 18th November 2021 at 18:28. Reason: Adding quote. :)
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 18:26   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
There is the classic Candy White shade on offer. In the video it looks like a silver, but silver colour is present separately.

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-13b3295e612144259eaaaf70e8449179.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 18:27   #248
BHPian

Looks nice. The raised GC is a boon for Bangalore's bad roads and unscientific humps. Based on pricing, it should be in my buying comparison list (a list which already has Creta, XUV 700, Kushaq, Safari, Hector, Harrier, Taigun) when I get a second car next year.

Last edited by achilles101 : 18th November 2021 at 18:27. Reason: Spelling
achilles101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 18:29   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
White colour is there obviously.

White colour makes a Skoda more classier than other colors. They won't miss that one from their colour palette.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-screenshot_20211118182502.png  

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-screenshot_20211118182434.png  

bwildrd#1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 18:29   #250
BHPian

I'm going to add my 2 bits:

1. Having smaller rims of 16" is a smart and practical move I think. It will make the ride more comfortable on our roads, plus replacement tyres will be a lot cheaper.
2. Interiors are a bit dull IMHO. I didnt like the color combo I guess.
3. Circular side vents look out of place
4. A normal bulb for front indicator lights? really? In 2021?
5. Would reserve my judgement on Ceat tyres
6. It needs to be priced less than City and also more fuel efficient considering City Hybrid is going to be launched in Q1 2022, albeit at a much higher price.
sidharthg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 18:33   #251
BHPian

Finally a 4 Cylinder turbo petrol mid size sedan after ages. And a possible update from my 1.4 tubo petrol without feeling short changed. Amidst a sea of raised big hatchbacks a.k.a SUVs this an incredible breath of fresh air.

I am not too concerned about the raised stance - I drive a petrol sedan with 185mm GC. That said, I would be optimistic about the handling because the Europeans know a thing or two about handling.

That massive wheelbase should translate to good space inside. looking forward to the official review.

Cheers!
sai_ace is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 18:42   #252
BHPian

Best in class looks- both exterior and interior. A proper baby Octavia And i know looks can be subjective but there's that. The raised ground clearance is an added bonus. Not too concerned about Ceat tires, we can always get them changed around delivery.

Given it is Skoda, and all the brickbats it has got with the Kushaq, quality levels and pricing will be key. This will not be a high volume seller anyway so Skoda better get it right

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 18th November 2021 at 18:44.
Old 18th November 2021, 18:50   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV NXT View Post
The outward bulge indicates potential cost cutting on the inner rim width - a smaller “J” size than the optimum.
Could be a valid point but hold on to your horses until official specification comes out. For example in Octavia Style variant get 6.5J and L&K gets 7J.

For the unveiling event Slavia was donned with Ceat Secure Drive in 205/55/R16.

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-83582.jpg

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 18th November 2021 at 18:52.
CircleOfLife is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 18:54   #254
BHPian

Impressed. Couldn't care less about raised stance spoiling the look if it's gonna help not leave roughly 10% of my car on to the speed breakers all over the country. But these features stole my heart

- Ventilated seats. Thankfully, Indians are now being offered not just shiny chrome but features that are actually useful and kind of needed. Bro, that ass needs some cooling in the freaking hot and humid weather on western coast.

- 1.5L Turbo Petrol. Finally, a car with an actual upgrade and not just addition of Bluetooth and navigation. Honda City has carried almost the same engine for more than a decade now.

My only problem is why the hell some manufacturers don't sell their cars in Black color :(

Last edited by bordeaux : 18th November 2021 at 18:57.
bordeaux is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 18:55   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
There is the classic Candy White shade on offer. In the video it looks like a silver, but silver colour is present separately.

Attachment 2234462
is it just me who feels the side profile would have looked much better without that additional beading in the rear window quarter glass section. could they not have avoided it all together?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed