Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2021, 14:10   #391
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Is it just me or is the boot carpeting really poorly done? No cladding on the lid either.
Partial plastic cladding on the boot lid and carpeting seemed alright in the boot as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Tornado red is the same shade as in the Kushaq - if that helps.

Unique colour for the Slavia is only Crystal Blue - which is a royally confusing shade for now and looks different in each pic - dull and silver'ish blue in some pics, bright and sky blue in others, dark blue in night shots, etc.
It's very similar to the old Jetta and Vento Silk blue I think. Maybe a tad lighter shade.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4090488 (2016 Volkswagen Vento Facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...lose-look.html (2015 Volkswagen Jetta Facelift : A Close Look)

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th November 2021 at 14:14.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 14:20   #392
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's very similar to the old Jetta and Vento Silk blue I think. Maybe a tad lighter shade.
Thanks. That reference helps.

Quote:
Partial plastic cladding on the boot lid and carpeting seemed alright in the boot as well.
Quote:
Is it just me or is the boot carpeting really poorly done? No cladding on the lid either.
Had the same doubt after watching the Gaadiwaadi video.

But it looks like the floorboard is not aligned when the video was shot - hence all that gap on the right side giving a poor quality feel. The slot in the carpet where the metal near the 60/40 split comes shows it's not aligned.

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-screenshot_20211120141433_youtube.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 14:23   #393
Team-BHP Support

After checking Taigun’s luggage floor liner, I can tell you guys, it’s going to be the same type for the Slavia too. Not the hard material + cloth lined like the ones in premium cars. Even the Creta for instance gets a really nice and solid floor liner. This one will be a flimsy hardboard type.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 14:31   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
So I would expect the Slavia to be priced substantially lower than the Kushaq. Skoda and even VW lack models in the sub 10 lakh ex-showroom price as the Rapid and Vento (and maybe even the Polo) will need to be phased out soon to make way for the new MQB based models. Once that happens, the group will have no cards to play in the volume segment of 8-10 lakhs ex-showroom. Recent market launches from other manufacturers have been very competitive at the lower ends of each range - case in point in the MG Astor and Mahindra XUV700 which both offer fantastic value as far as the entry and lower variants in each line-up. My guess is Skoda will go all out with an aggressive price point for the Slavia range around 15-20% lower than the equivalent Kushaq trims.
I dont genuinely think Slavia will be priced between INR 10-12 L. It would cannibalize the sale of Kushaq. Kushaq is and will never be a SUV. Any car not having 4WD is only a cross over. Slavia having a higher stance would certainly become a choice for people to move into. The new Celario is priced around 6-7 L and dont think VAG will price products below INR 10 L unless its a small car.
Old 20th November 2021, 15:41   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satnan View Post
- 1.0 Style AT is expected to be 20-21L OTR in Bangalore (i.e. slightly above Kushak 1.0 Style AT)
- Display / Test Drive vehicles expected in Jan and deliveries to start in March / April '22.
Expected price - 16 to 22L OTR Chennai is what I heard from dealer today. Skoda will most probably place this above Kushaq. Price reveal and TD vehicles availability in Jan and deliveries will start from April.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 15:45   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
But it looks like the floorboard is not aligned when the video was shot - hence all that gap on the right side giving a poor quality feel. The slot in the carpet where the metal near the 60/40 split comes shows it's not aligned.
But also this part looks pretty shoddy. I know I'm nitpicking a little but it does make the car lose that feel-good factor.

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-screenshot-20211120-6.14.06-pm.png
Old 20th November 2021, 17:32   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshakodli View Post
Looks beautiful. The blue color though should be seen in flesh to see how blue it is! It's a little too light colored for my liking. The Carbon steel looks the best IMHO. With prices that parallel the Honda City, this one should sell good numbers.
Quote:
Unique colour for the Slavia is only Crystal Blue - which is a royally confusing shade for now and looks different in each pic - dull and silver'ish blue in some pics, bright and sky blue in others, dark blue in night shots, etc.

Isn't this the same blue which is already there on the VW Ameo? Looks the same doesn't it? It looks dope in red too, "too hot to handle". I hope Skoda gets it's annoying QC sorted with this one.

Last edited by Travelling_Monk : 20th November 2021 at 17:38.
Old 20th November 2021, 18:06   #398
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But also this part looks pretty shoddy. I know I'm nitpicking a little but it does make the car lose that feel-good factor.

Attachment 2235117
It's shoddy on most cars. If you compare them with other sedans and not notchbacks like the Octavia or Laura.

For example have a look at the corolla altis and the Elantra:

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-toyota_altis_diesel_20.jpg

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-whatsapp-image-20211120-18.06.12.jpeg

I have never been bothered by the boot carpeting, unpainted bottom of parcel shelf and the cardboard cover in 12 years of owning the Corolla

It's a boot and you use it for storing luggage. In a sedan it is only open during that time and not even for groceries or small items.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 18:31   #399

It would be wonderful if they launch a montecarlo edition sporting the metallic race blue borrowed from superb sportline.
Old 20th November 2021, 21:11   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Tornado red is the same shade as in the Kushaq - if that helps.

Thank you so much! That reference and elaboration really helps! Red it is then
Old 20th November 2021, 22:20   #401
Team-BHP Support

Potential Monte Carlo variant rendered by SRK -

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-screenshot_20211120221736_youtube.jpg

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 22:42   #402
BHPian

I feel the front seats could have been better with little more side bolstering like new Fabia.
Also I feel Fabia's interior theme looks more pleasant and premium.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-50_skoda_fabia_wp.jpg  

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-13_skoda_fabia_wp.jpg  

Kashi053 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 23:08   #403
BHPian

As much folks are going Gaga over the design but Kushaq was slammed on below major points.
  1. Quality of interiors
  2. Missing 6 air bags in top end variant
  3. Strictly being a 4 seater
  4. Not having 4 disc break. (current set up is very good but who cares) 4 disc is what junta expects.

On the aspect of quality of interiors there are 2 improvements in Slavia
  • Headliner seems better quality in the picture
  • Lighter color combination does give a airy feel inside cabin. Hang on isn't beige harder to maintain? Most folks do prefer black interiors.

2) Issue of 6 airbags was taken care with a price increase in Kushaq and carry forwards to Slavia. This will cost more than it's VW counterpart.

3) Being 4 seater Kushaq was slammed very hard on this aspect and this hasn't magically changed in Slavia either.

4) Break setup doesn't seem to have changed either ( 2 front disc)

What it still lacks?
  • As there are lot of component shared from the same parts and bin of kushaq, it does carry over the same buttons from kushaq which didn't feel were upto expected quality of VAG level.
  • It won't have one touch up and down other than drivers seat
  • It will not have anti pinch feature
  • There is evident cost cutting in places where one wouldn't generally look. boot, engine bay, wipers etc.

Why such receptive response for Slavia before price reveal? Kushaq got such negative reviews as the competition is in the hottest growth segment had it's benchmark was with Seltos and Creta. Which has more features to offer in kit. In case of Slavia no one is talking much about once crowd favorite Hyundai Verna and Honda city hasn't seen any radical change either. No one is expecting magical growth of sales in Sedan space.

There is some fresh breath of Air and no new sedan is soon entering this space. Question is how will Honda & Maruti respond to keep their turf?
CircleOfLife is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 23:37   #404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Why such receptive response for Slavia before price reveal? Kushaq got such negative reviews as the competition is in the hottest growth segment had it's benchmark was with Seltos and Creta. Which has more features to offer in kit. In case of Slavia no one is talking much about once crowd favorite Hyundai Verna and Honda city hasn't seen any radical change either. No one is expecting magical growth of sales in Sedan space.

There is some fresh breath of Air and no new sedan is soon entering this space. Question is how will Honda & Maruti respond to keep their turf?
Well it's all about the competition and the segment. The Kushaq is priced at a premium, smaller than the competitors and had a lot of flaws like cheap headliner, rear seat width, poor plastics. The drab interior colour scheme and cheap feel of seats did not do any favours.

The sedan segment is different. The Slavia starts with a huge advantage. It is straightaway at the top when it comes to dimensions matching the City (8mm difference) and with a larger wheelbase. The rear seat looks amongst the most spacious already.

The competition is Hyundai and Honda. Both have huge flaws in the segment.

The Verna is small and rear seat is useless for chauffeur driven. the 1.5L CVT is decent and the 1.0L is reasonably quick. Dynamics are safe but nothing praiseworthy.

The Honda covers the space and performance but overall built, tinny feel doesn't give it the solid feel that people are looking for.

The Slavia with the 1.5L TSI is an enthusiast delight. With the Octavia gone well past 30 big ones, this is like a breath of fresh air.

Well rounded package with good space, all essential feel good features, brilliant performance and most likely good dynamics. The segment has nothing of this sort till now.

I do hope they price it sensibly. My guess would be Slavia should be lower than the Kushaq but that's wishful thinking. Skoda know they have a winner and will milk it for all it's worth.

The sedan segment is dying and Skoda has a car that could give the segment a boost. It's like a defibrillator to revive a dying person.
Vid6639 is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 01:31   #405
BHPian

Got bored and decided to do some amateur editing

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-slavia.jpg
Revmatch99 is offline   (74) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks