Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2022, 10:48   #31
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi Q5 Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Naturally I would have recommended a Fortuner, but in its diesel guise there is a mixed response towards its DPF. And Toyota doesn’t offer a Petrol 4WD in India
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankjain16 View Post
My heart is with germans but my brain is with Jeep Compass/Hyundai Tuscon/Fortuner. Let's see who wins.
One choice then. Jeep Wrangler.
No stopping this beast anywhere. Does it all that you want, comes in petrol (so DPF issues), and willl work out cheaper than the X3 and Q5.
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 10:51   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
One choice then. Jeep Wrangler.
No stopping this beast anywhere. Does it all that you want, comes in petrol (so DPF issues), and willl work out cheaper than the X3 and Q5.
Jeep Wrangler would be very uncomfortable on long highway drives which would be 95% of my driving. So, it would not be a sensible choice for me right now.
shashankjain16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 11:33   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi Q5 Special Edition launched at ₹67.05 Lakh.

- Limited Units
- 2 Colours on offer: Ibis White and District Green
- Black Styling Package
- Graphite Grey Alloys

2021 Audi Q5 Facelift Review-b904de7222644820920b835f5c5d64ca.jpeg

2021 Audi Q5 Facelift Review-83e29eb9bc284e5183d51566b1ab7fa3.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CksGIEEo...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 13:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Audi Q5 Special Edition launched at ₹67.05 Lakh.

- Limited Units
- 2 Colours on offer: Ibis White and District Green
- Black Styling Package
- Graphite Grey Alloys

Attachment 2376732

Attachment 2376731

https://www.instagram.com/p/CksGIEEo...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This just seems to be quite a weird move from Audi. Launching a new Special Edition in just an year of the new Q5 Launch. With the new Q5 already not munching in great numbers, this just makes things more transparent.
aamishdhingra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 08:36   #35
BHPian

I would suggest Mahindra Thar with interior completely revamped. Something like the infamous Dilip Chabbria used to do. If I am not wrong, Mahindra themselves have a customisation department where you can get it done without voiding warranty. Not sure about the ride quality but a very plush ride and a go anywhere ability don't usually go together.
Old 10th November 2022, 10:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jeep Wrangler would be very uncomfortable on long highway drives which would be 95% of my driving. So, it would not be a sensible choice for me right now.
What you need is a discovery sport. That car is much more rugged than the X3/Q5. It has a significantly bigger boot and when used as a 5 seater you can carry a week's luggage for a family easily. The off-road ability is much higher than the two Germans and the drive feels like a proper suv with a commanding seat position.
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 00:59   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I also want to upgrade to a luxury SUV and am confused between BMW X3 and Audi Q5. I see the poll heavily favours BMW X3 but after reading reviews and doing my research, I am finding Audi Q5 more suited to my needs. Here are my reasons:
Both Q5 and X3 has been around for 5 years being launched in 2017 (2018 model year) so its getting a bit old. Especially the Q5 without any meaningful updates. At least X3 was given a reasonable facelift and internal upgrades. Like others have pointed out X3 is a much better car in terms of mechanicals and AWD.

A new Mercedes GLC will be here in a few months and that will be my pick in the luxury compact SUV segment if you can wait until 2023 Q1. X3 will be second and Q5 will be last.

If you want practicality Hyundai Tucson is a great pick, but you will have to opt for the Diesel engine as the Petrol engine is nothing to write home about.

Skoda Kodiaq might also not be a bad pick considering its around the same size as the others here enough though its a 7 seater. It is also petrol (and AWD) as you are in the NCR area. Just use it as a 5 seater with plenty of space for everything else.

I'm biased against Jeep, Land Rover etc. as these cars are very unreliable.
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 08:00   #38
BHPian

I would not worry about taking either of the cars anywhere. If Maruti 800 and alto can rule the terrain of Leh and Ladakh, these vehicles can easily go the same places. It is how you drive the vehicle. When people say run flats are a problem with bad roads, I would not entirely agree. Infact run flats have reinforced sidewalls making them tougher, but a harsher ride is a known downside, higher unsprung weight is another issue, but they provide an assurance of being able to drive in case of a tyre burst at high speeds or not stopping to change the tyre in the middle of the night when you don’t feel like.
If you drive carefully either of the cars can go anywhere. These cannot perform on extremely bad surfaces as well as a body on frame. But on those kind of surfaces, you need to control your speed. If you try and keep up with a fortuner/ endeavour, then you will definitely break down sooner. As far as river crossings are concerned you definitely need to assess the depth of the water. Most of these Germans have a wading depth of 50cms, or upto the centre of the wheel. Most of the Himalayan region is glacier fed waters. The water levels go up and down significantly in a matter of hours. If you feel the level of the waters is high, makes sense to wait it out, then cross when the levels are acceptable.
KKapadia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 09:45   #39
BHPian

I just came off this dilemma with a Land Rover Discovery Sport P250.

I didnt test the Q5 because I was coming from an A4 and the Q5 didn't offer a change of interiors among other things.

But I did test the X3, XC60, F Pace and Disco Sport. I tested them all in slush too and believe me the Disco came out with flying colours. The others were not even confident on letting me take the car in slush and once taken, they were slipping like anything. The Disco on the other hand was straight as an arrow. I do intent to take my car to Ladakh (I rode my GS to Zanskar this year and thus). And thus I picked the Disco. Its the most expensive in this lot but I believe worth it. People may talk about after sale experience, but am willing to take that risk for a good product.

I loved the X3's looks but the RFT, lower (non SUVish stance), low water wading capability (btw- the Disco has the air suction at top of the bonnet and not at bottom like the Germans) which gives it a water wading capacity of 600mm, poor offroad performance made me look away. I do not wish to drop my speed on seeing a crater on the gurgaon roads and the X3 did not give me the confidence. The Disco on the other hand is built to handle these and the suspension is super.

Best part, my friend from 530i says, the Disco handles like a bomb (imagine coming from a 5 series guy) and another with GLC Coupe was like this is so silent and comfortable. I am extremely happy with my choice and if you really intend taking it to Ladakh, pls check the LR too.

Cheers
Alisiddiqui is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 09:57   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapadia View Post
I would not worry about taking either of the cars anywhere. If Maruti 800 and alto can rule the terrain of Leh and Ladakh, these vehicles can easily go the same places.
True, but not entirely. Reason 800s and Altos are so successful in such terrains is because of their lightweight. If you slip to one side, even just 1 person can push the entire car to the other side or 2 people can lift up one end and you are back on road, which you can't do with a car like say Nexon, Brezza etc which will be heavier. That being said, a normal 2WD should be able to easily take you on such terrains provided one doesn't get too carried away on non-existent roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
I just came off this dilemma with a Land Rover Discovery Sport P250.
The Disco on the other hand is built to handle these and the suspension is super.
I'm in the two states of mind over picking up a pre-owned Discovery Sport. Your feedback has really helped me pushing my research ahead. Thanks
ralto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 03:35   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I also want to upgrade to a luxury SUV and am confused between BMW X3 and Audi Q5. I see the poll heavily favours BMW X3 but after reading reviews and doing my research, I am finding Audi Q5 more suited to my needs. Here are my reasons:

1. I have read that the Quattro AWD system is the best in the segment. I am not a hardcore offroader but have done quite a few challenging trips like the Leh-Manali highway in monsoon and winter Spiti. So, a good AWD system is a must for my peace of mind. There is also a separate off-road driving mode in Q5.
For going to Ladakh any AWD will work. The only thing which will matter between the AWDs is GC

However if the purpose of this vehicle is trips to offbeat places, I would recommend not going with either of the two and choose a something from the Toyota/Lexus family (LX,GX,LC etc.,)

While Lexus has a slim dealer network, in times of trouble Toyota can help as they have access to same tooling and techstream.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 13:30   #42
Mtv
BHPian

Took delivery of my MY24 Q5 Technology last week. Ideally would have bought the X3 M40i, but given its questionable ride quality and exorbitant price tag I had to let the urge rest.
I tested every single car in this range and settled on the Q5. I found its ride quality to be the best in its class. The newer cars also have power bumped up to 265bhp, making it the quickest of the lot too. The car is nimble and light on its feet. The different drive modes change the steering and suspension feel significantly, adaptive dampers do work. Though the interior is somewhat dull looking, the quality of materials used, along with the tactility of the knobs and buttons more than make up for anything it lacks cosmetically. This car is a rather overlooked option in its range, I urge all those shopping in this range to give it a shot.
Got it ppf’ed straight from delivery.
2021 Audi Q5 Facelift Review-img_6913.jpeg

2021 Audi Q5 Facelift Review-img_6907.jpeg

Last edited by Mtv : 25th February 2024 at 13:54.
Mtv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 16:58   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
Took delivery of my MY24 Q5 Technology last week.
Congratulations @Mtv! Lovely looking car. I think the Q5 is a very good choice in this segment, now often overlooked by potential customers. Factor in the pricing and discounts and the Q5 makes a very strong case for itself.

I picked up the 3GL last year and realised later that the practicality of the SUV is missed sorely as my ageing parents cannot enjoy the car due to low seating.

What kind of discounts were you offered on the Q5?
Old 2nd April 2024, 11:05   #44
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
Congratulations @Mtv! Lovely looking car. I think the Q5 is a very good choice in this segment, now often overlooked by potential customers. Factor in the pricing and discounts and the Q5 makes a very strong case for itself.

I picked up the 3GL last year and realised later that the practicality of the SUV is missed sorely as my ageing parents cannot enjoy the car due to low seating.

What kind of discounts were you offered on the Q5?
The car is overlooked and criminally underrated.
I got it at approx 64 ex showroom, inclusive of a 1L loyalty bonus.
Mtv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks