Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2021, 10:00   #76
BHPian

Re: 2021 Maruti Celerio Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
mileage. Engine feels tight and it has done only 60 kms for now. So can't comment. MID shows 9km/l average.
Ain't that too low when compared to the biggest USP of this car "KITNA DETI HAI". Do you have an updated figure yet. Going by the strengths of MS product, mileage is the only thing that they are confident about.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd December 2021 at 11:03. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Old 3rd December 2021, 11:08   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhikumar629 View Post
Ain't that too low when compared to the biggest USP of this car "KITNA DETI HAI". Do you have an updated figure yet. Going by the strengths of MS product, mileage is the only thing that they are confident about.
Maybe its due because the vehicle is in the Run-in period.

But, I also doubt if that high tyre pressure also plays a part in the vehicle's claimed FE figures.

Lowering the pressure might affect the FE values.

Still, 9kmpl is too low for "India's moat Fuel Efficient car"
ZenMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 17:33   #78
BHPian

Modifications carried out

- frameless wipers
- FIAMM Windtone horn
- ppf film on all 4 door sills
- seats altered for additional side bolstering and thigh support.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Maruti Celerio Review-img_20211204_172915.jpg  

Nanolover is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 18:19   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Dad : Did you see the ads for new celerio? It looks good. Our celerio is 6 years old. Think about it.

Me : It is not value for money at 7.5 lakhs on road for ZXI+. Tata Punch mid variant costs the same. It looks much better and is safer too.

Dad : Celerio looks good too. Punch will not return 17+ kmpl. We already have two tatas. There must be a Maruti at all times. We have always had 1 or 2 marutis in the last 3 decades.

Me : Swift looks good too. It's a bigger car with a powerful engine. Ignis is also a good choice. Even wagon r gets a better engine than celerio.

Dad : We owned both the swift and wagon r in the past. I don't like the rear of ignis. Why should we buy the same car we already had?

Me : Why did we buy storme after selling the Safari dicor? Aren't they the same cars?

Dad : Name a car that would have been a proper replacement to the Safari other than another Safari.

Me : *Speechless* Okay. Let me check out the top trim. Even ZXI gets 14 inch steel wheels that look boring. Blue and red shades look cool. Even brown shade is the same as our ciaz's.

Dad : White *in Dad tone*

I visited the showroom and checked out the car. I was busy and hence did not spend time in the new celerio. Moreover test drives have not started yet.

My 2016 52k km run celerio was offered a good resale. I will have to decide after the test drive. I know that the K10C won't be much different than the K10B in my car. Anyways , I need to be sure that the visibility and ease of use are good enough for my 71 year old dad.

I will post a detailed first impression after a test drive. Until then, a few pics from today.

2021 Maruti Celerio Review-20211204_161419.jpg

2021 Maruti Celerio Review-20211204_162506.jpg

2021 Maruti Celerio Review-20211204_162229.jpg

There is ample leg room Last Gen celerio had a more airy cabin, courtesy : beige plastics in lower part of the dashboard. All black makes it look smaller, while in reality, new car is bigger. Rear bench is below average, specially if you are tall. The rear fixed headrest ended at my upper back, well below my neck

Quoted OTR : 7,55,000
ZXI + MT
Inclusive of extended warranty (5 Years/1,00,000km)
Exchange bonus 10k
Other discounts - none

If the test drive proves to be okay, I might be booking it.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 4th December 2021 at 18:42.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 15:05   #80
BHPian

A better clarity picture on how the car looks in side profile. The clearance in the wheel arches are uniform front and rear.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Maruti Celerio Review-1638782630018.jpg  

Nanolover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 08:07   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Modifications carried out

- frameless wipers
- FIAMM Windtone horn
- ppf film on all 4 door sills
- seats altered for additional side bolstering and thigh support.
Where in Bangalore did you get the seats altered. ?I am looking for more thigh support for my Punch seats.
Old 8th December 2021, 14:25   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

New Celerio, Booked.

I received a call from ABT Maruti today at 9 am, asking me if I can book the car today.

I had told them I won't be signing the dotted line until I drive the car and find it suitable for my dad. They have not yet registered their test drive car, but still brought it as a special case to us. This will be our 8th Maruti car from the same dealer in the last 20 years. Personally, I would not buy another Maruti again, but dad loves the brand nevertheless. The juniour sales executive who sold us our Omni 20 years ago is the Branch head now.

So everyone in sales team is very well acquainted, heck, one of the sales advisors is an alumni of one of my schools I run.

They brought the celerio to my home, in that cool blue shade. I was skeptical about the greenhouse area, Visibility and ease of use for dad. He is well-aquainted with previous gen celerio that he regularly drives.

2021 Maruti Celerio Review-20211208_142145.jpg

I got to drive the car just for 1 km. From that short drive, my observations

In comparison,

Where New Celerio excels the old celerio

* NVH, the K10C seemed more refined than the K10B

* Low end driveability, again slightly better than K10B

* Dash, though very cheap, has a better layout than the older celerio.

* Steering seemed lighter, hence easier to use than the older model in city

* Features - touchscreen infotainment, push button start, larger 15 inch black alloy wheels with Yokohama tyres

* Better boot layout

Where New celerio is on par with Old celerio

* Overall visibility, airy window area

* Space - legroom and headroom. I could sense slightly improvement in width, but not substantial though

* Looks, I hate to admit, this car might grow on you. Dad already opines that it's much better looking than old celerio, while I find them both boring

* Easy ingress and egress

* Very average seats, both front and back with below average support. Rear fixed headrests are useless.

I do have a few disappointments

* Flap type door levers belong to the 80s. Rear power windows placed oddly. Request sensor on doors look like an afterthought

* No rear camera for a car that is on par in price with the beautiful Tiago XZ+

* Price - Not really value for money at 7.55 lakhs on road.

At that price, there are many other better options, like the Baleno delta, Ignis, Swift lower models, Tiago, Punch lower models etc. But I opted for this just because of the trust my father has on Maruti as a brand, and that the celerio is the right size for him to drive without relearning car dimensions. Believe me, beyond 70, it isn't as simple to accustom to bigger cars.

Colour : White

Booking amount : 11k

Discounts: None except exchange bonus

I might shave off some thousands from insurance.

Resale offered for my 53,000 km run 2016 Celerio ZXI(O) was impressive. 3.75 lakhs with a 10k exchange bonus. For a car that I bought new for 6.5 lakhs on road, it's nice to know it had retained 60% of its OTR value even after 5 years.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 8th December 2021 at 14:27.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 11:10   #83
BHPian

Can someone please help me and let me know if this new Celerio comes with ABS+EBD? The brochure says "ABS" but nothing about EBD.
Old 11th December 2021, 13:40   #84
Senior - BHPian

New Maruti Suzuki Celerio received 15,000 bookings, waiting period goes up to 12 Weeks.

Quote:
Supply constraints which has affected production has led to high waiting period for the new Celerio
2021 Maruti Celerio Review-20211211_133646.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 11th December 2021 at 13:43.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 17:37   #85
BHPian

200 kms update:

Reset mileage trip meter and now it shows 16.3 km/l average in a mix of crawling Trivandrum traffic plus by pass run ( with ac).

Total money spent on accessories ( gulp!)

- MGA ( spoiler + floor mat+ boot mat)- 6021 bucks
- garware lightest sun film -3000
- seat work + wiper+ horn + ppf on all door sills/ handle/ trunk ( all works at Car Park, Trivandrum) - 27,000
- additional pair of elegant cord mats -1300

Total - approx 37,000 !

Getting to know the car as it is put through its paces and all's well except for the irritating stop/ start feature.

Yet to see another Celerio in this city though.

Last edited by Nanolover : 11th December 2021 at 17:38.
Nanolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 21:33   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhillon View Post
Can someone please help me and let me know if this new Celerio comes with ABS+EBD? The brochure says "ABS" but nothing about EBD.
The Celerio website mentions that the car has ABS with EBD.

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/celerio
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Maruti Celerio Review-capture.jpg  

Rodo_Faita is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 09:48   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Total money spent on accessories ( gulp!)

- MGA ( spoiler + floor mat+ boot mat)- 6021 bucks
- garware lightest sun film -3000
- seat work + wiper+ horn + ppf on all door sills/ handle/ trunk ( all works at Car Park, Trivandrum) - 27,000
- additional pair of elegant cord mats -1300

Total - approx 37,000 !
That is quite an expenditure. Is ppf actually useful and necessary?
Old 12th December 2021, 13:00   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
That is quite an expenditure. Is ppf actually useful and necessary?
Ppf strictly is not necessary,but for my case needed, because my young kids have a habit of standing/ sliding on the door sill when getting in/out leading to scratch marks. Same goes when they open the doors and end up scratching. ppf covers this well. Again same in trunk area as these heartec platform has a high loading sill and I ended up scratching the trunk paint when loading a kids bicycle.

There were also bumper corner protection ppf films which does the job of preventing scratches in our daily urban battle with other cars ( though I didn't go for this as my accesories friend said it will end up with dirt settling on the line where the film actually sticks on, after repeated washes).
Old 12th December 2021, 14:50   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhillon View Post
I believe it is mandatory for every new vehicle in India to have ABS + EBD.
quantobigboot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 14:23   #90
BHPian

It’s true that Maruti Suzuki doesn’t make solidly built cars and many people bash these cars left,right and centre but IMHO we should give credit where credit is due the engine used is quite an advanced one with DualJet technology which increases fuel efficiency and reduces noise and vibration level and much better than the 1.2Revotron engine used TaMo, Maruti should have also introduced the 1.2VVT engine considering that its already doing duty in the WagonR as it’s even more smooth due to its 4cylinder configuration and have better sprightlier performance as well.

Also another fact which surprised me was the fact that MSIL gave very good Yokohama BluEarth tyres for the new Celerio as OE fitment considering their favourite vendor for tyres is JK and/or MRFs, heck even my SUV which costed almost 5times as this car gave me very cheap quality tyres!

Most Viewed