Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2022, 12:01   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Maruti Celerio Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The seat covers make the car look like a mini luxury car from the inside. Love the color, excellent choice. Are the alloys factory fit or after market? The car looks cool.
Thank you!

I always loved the tan colour for the seat covers. They look classy in all cars with black interiors.

The alloys are OE alloys that come with the top end ZXI+ variant.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 16:06   #122
Senior - BHPian

2022 Suzuki Celerio launched in South Africa at 1,74,900 South African rand (~INR 8.72L).
Details
Old 22nd March 2022, 12:15   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki begins testing Celerio with Flex Fuel ?

Expect a 2023 launch and more vehicles to be tested with E20 fuel .

Name:  loadimages.jpg
Views: 1963
Size:  40.8 KB

Name:  595548celeriospottedexterior.jpg
Views: 1932
Size:  42.6 KB

Name:  619904celeriospottedbackexterior.jpg
Views: 1983
Size:  48.6 KB

Link
Old 26th March 2022, 18:39   #124
BHPian

I am looking for a city only automatic hatchback. Went to a Maruti showroom today. To my surprise they didn't have a display or test drive celerio. (They had all the other cars!)
I am evaluating santro and nios too. On road price (from carwale) for ZXI Plus AMT 8.32 lac. Santro Sports AMT 7.32 lac. Nios sports AMT 8.83 lac (Santro and Nios have a much higher cash discount).
I am baffled by the pricing. Because santro and nios are 4 cylinder engines. ( 1.1 l and 1.2 l) and presumably a smoother AMT.
Can someone tell why should one consider celerio over santro/nios?. Lets leave out mileage and resale value. If celerio is better than santro/nios, I wont mind paying a premium.
Old 10th April 2022, 17:12   #125
BHPian

I saw the new Celerio for first time in flesh last Sunday on my visit to Maruti service center for some running repairs. As a 2018 model Celerio owner I would say the new Celerio is definitely a good upgrade when it comes to interiors however when it comes to exterior styling I just couldn't fathom why Maruti decided to butcher possibly it's cleanest no-nonsense design.

The new Celerio appears to be some kind of a cross between an alien and a hallucinated human.
darkLightning is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 13:39   #126
BHPian

All celerio owners alert!!!!

The keyless amber light in my celerio has lit up and won't go away even after starting. Took it to the service center just now,wherein they did an OBD scan and shows a BCM error . Apparently the BCM has to be replaced and both keys reprogrammed to accept the new BCM.

They have seen this problem in 2 other celerios and are ordering the BCM from factory. Will take 15 Daya to arrive.So much for maruti reliability ( i went in for maruti on the reliability front away from my usual TATA). The service center guys say it's fine to drive this with the light on, as I have no other car to ferry my kids to school (350kms a week)

A heads up for all celerio owners and maruti keyless entry cars. @ leosashi -- for your information also.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Maruti Celerio Review-img_20220618_133256.jpg  

Nanolover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 16:05   #127
BHPian

The funniest thing is when you don't compare side to side and say the Music system is sub par with a Tiago. Whereas the Reality is both are Harman Units coming from Harman 2 different Assembly lines in Pune factory.

While Tata markets it as Harman, Maruti just says its Maruti's smart play touchscreen system.

The Harman Unit that Maruti has bagged has all the features needed for the Indian Audience. Smart play by Maruti.
Old 22nd July 2022, 17:59   #128
BHPian

So, 12 years after having checked out the Swift and Ritz during our first car purchase, today we booked our first ever Maruti – the 2022 Celerio ZXi+ AMT!

The car is intended as a daily beater, purely for urban runabouts. After vacillating between the Grand i10 Sportz, the Ignis Zeta, the Wagon-R ZXi+, the Swift VXi and the Kwid Climber (all AMT’s), settled on the Celerio. The Ignis gave it a close run, but in the end the newer generation engine and AMT unit swayed the odds in favour of the Celerio. To be honest, the extra 200 cc of displacement on the Ignis didn’t translate to much of a difference in real-world driving conditions and intended use case scenario. Also I find the current gen Celerio to be much better looking than the older one, save for that horrendous request sensor placement.

The dealer has quoted 7.92 lakhs on road here in Kerala, with offer of 6k worth of accessories. Shall try to haggle a bit once the vehicle is allocated, waiting time is 30-40 days.

Both our 2010 Hyundai i10 and 2016 Ford Ecosport TDCi gave us immense joy coupled with trouble free ownership experiences. Having given in to the heart and taken the gamble on the unknown quantity that is VAG 2.0 with our current 2022 VW Virtus Topline AT, we look forward to the much vaunted fuss-free ownership experience of Maruti with the Celerio.
Pequod is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 22:00   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki begins testing Celerio with Flex Fuel ?
That's some camouflage..with a paint spray ! Maruti's cost cutting bean counters exist on a different level altogether
How does one deduce its (?) flex fuel testing from this picture ? Not any other tech/component? Can't see any badge saying so.
Vtach is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 12:16   #130
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone test drive Celerio 2022 model? Would like to know if there is any improvement in the steering return issue.
Old 25th August 2022, 06:01   #131
BHPian

Hi, I’m posting this after the 2022 Alto K10 review has gone live on T-bhp, requesting members to clear up on a couple of doubts:

1. How does Celerio return better fuel economy when both cars are running the same engine, while the Celerio is heavier and riding on fatter tyres? [From the 2022 Alto K10 review: ARAI figures: 24.90 km/l (AMT) and 24.39 km/l (MT)]

2. Why is there a difference in fuel economy numbers with the same powertrain across different variants? [The ARAI-certified fuel economy of the Celerio MT (LXI, VXI and ZXI variants) is 25.24 km/l while that of the ZXI + variant is 24.97 km/l. With the AMT gearbox, the fuel economy is 26.68 km/l for the VXI variant. The ZXI and ZXI+ AMT variants have a fuel economy of 26 km/l]

Thanks.
Old 25th August 2022, 07:55   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkyC0ffee View Post
1. How does Celerio return better fuel economy when both cars are running the same engine, while the Celerio is heavier and riding on fatter tyres? [From the 2022 Alto K10 review: ARAI figures: 24.90 km/l (AMT) and 24.39 km/l (MT)].
The idle start/stop idle system in the Celerio helps it to eke out that but of fuel economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkyC0ffee View Post
(LXI, VXI and ZXI variants) is 25.24 km/l while that of the ZXI + variant is 24.97 km/l. With the AMT gearbox, the fuel economy is 26.68 km/l for the VXI variant. The ZXI and ZXI+ AMT variants have a fuel economy of 26 km/l]
The AMT variants get better fuel economy because of the aggressive fuel efficiency oriented tuning. In a situation where we might downshift, the AmT holds on to a higher gear.

Though it beats me too how the topmost variant gets better fuel efficiency than the lower ones. Wheels? Does bigger (height, not width) help in better fuel efficiency? Because that seems to be the only possible reason.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 12:32   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The AMT variants get better fuel economy because of the aggressive fuel efficiency oriented tuning.

Though it beats me too how the topmost variant gets better fuel efficiency than the lower ones. Wheels? Does bigger (height, not width) help in better fuel efficiency?
I have noted this too and it appears because of wheels height difference.

You can see similar difference in Baleno Vs Swift Vs Ignis, WagonR (1.0) vs k10 and others. This is the reason why Swift is a bit peppier where as Baleno seems long legged on the same drive.

In short, for City, Swift will perform better. For highways, Baleno will give a bit extra FE and a more relaxed drive.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 13:44   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The idle start/stop idle system in the Celerio helps it to eke out that but of fuel economy.
Agreed. Though not officially confirmed by Maruti - that was our assumption as well.

Quote:
Though it beats me too how the topmost variant gets better fuel efficiency than the lower ones. Wheels? Does bigger (height, not width) help in better fuel efficiency? Because that seems to be the only possible reason.
I guess there is some misunderstanding here. In the case of the Celerio - higher variants have slightly lower FE than lower variants.

2021 Maruti Celerio Review-screenshot_20220825133856_adobe-acrobat.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 18:34   #135

Could ZXI and ZXI Plus variants be slightly heavier than their other siblings? Tyre size could also be a factor — 15 inch vx 14 inch. That's my guess. Booked ZXI+ AGS. Found it very relaxing drive and had no issues with AMT in taking out from an extremely tight parking spot with hardly one and a half to two feet space in front and zero space at the back. Was driving AMT for the first time in my life.

Most Viewed