Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2022, 16:10   #151
BHPian

To the people who have a booking already,
Do you know of anyone who has a delivery confirmed or gotten delivery already? If so which city. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
My service advisor has quoted me 1.3 lakhs for a set of four sebring alloy wheels.
Are you looking to upgrade to them?

Last edited by vb-saan : 5th February 2022 at 09:47. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 4th February 2022, 16:31   #152
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
To the people who have a booking already,
Do you know of anyone who has a delivery confirmed or gotten delivery already? If so which city. Thanks
I don’t know about the other cities, but I have got no concrete update from my SA as yet regarding when my Tiguan will be delivered. I booked in the 2nd week of December

Last edited by vb-saan : 5th February 2022 at 09:48. Reason: Quoted post edited
troika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 17:26   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
My service advisor has quoted me 1.3 lakhs for a set of four sebring alloy wheels.
Honestly its not worth. For that money you will get OZ Racing, BBS, Borbet etc. with width of 8J which will give you more options to upsize tyres. Also these will be better quality than the OEM ones.
Only thing you might have to see is the warranty - upsizing from VW vs. outside.
Also the 7J and 7.5J wheels from OEM are actually not worth.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 18:08   #154
BHPian

Got a call from my SA. As my choices were white and reflex silver, there is a white available. Went and saw the car. It’s the regular white and was dusty due to transit. Was ok with the car. Did a quick check over and all looked ok. Have okay’d the car and proceeding with it.

Fairly quick considering the wait quoted. And very good follow up and update from the SA.
differential is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 18:12   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Got a call from my SA. As my choices were white and reflex silver, there is a white available. Went and saw the car. It’s the regular white and was dusty due to transit. Was ok with the car. Did a quick check over and all looked ok. Have okay’d the car and proceeding with it.

Fairly quick considering the wait quoted. And very good follow up and update from the SA.
Congratulations! So let us know how the delivery goes and some pics if you can!
Old 6th February 2022, 19:47   #156
BHPian

The dealership is insisting on the standard accessories pacakage. I have refused it as I don’t need any of the included items except the all season / rubber floor mats. Am not sure VW if selling the mats separately at the moment. Else it’s back to the 3M mats. Not able to find 3D mats online for the new Tiguan. Any links or suggestions?
Old 6th February 2022, 19:55   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

A colleague in my office has received a new Blue Tiguan facelift. Must say the car looks wonderful in that colour. Not sure who it is - as I just saw it parked in one of our company’s slots in the office but should find out in a few days and will post any feedback I get.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 22:16   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
A colleague in my office has received a new Blue Tiguan facelift. Must say the car looks wonderful in that colour. Not sure who it is - as I just saw it parked in one of our company’s slots in the office but should find out in a few days and will post any feedback I get.
One of the color shortlist for me, that or the black.
Old 7th February 2022, 00:47   #159
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Will discounts kick in?

What buyers have blindsided is Fortuner petrol which is available at 50 K - 1 lakh more than Tiguan. As per information I could gather, the 2.7-litre gives 9-11 kmpl!

Last edited by Aditya : 8th February 2022 at 07:11. Reason: Capital letters, spacing
Old 7th February 2022, 08:51   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
Will discounts kick in?
What buyers have blindsided is Fortuner petrol which is available at 50k-1lakh more than tiguan.
As per information I could gather, the 2.7litre gives 9-11kmpl!
For Tiguan buyers don’t think price is the deterrent for not choosing Fortuner, atleast for majority. I for one will not buy Fortuner even if it was 5 lakhs or more lesser than Tiguan.
Both have its own strengths and cannot be compared directly. And even if one wants Fortuner, majority of them go for Diesel.
Also I might be wrong on my assumption, but don’t think Fortuner will be selling more than 100 petrol models in a month.

Last edited by sunikkat : 7th February 2022 at 09:04.
sunikkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 14:37   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
For Tiguan buyers don’t think price is the deterrent for not choosing Fortuner, atleast for majority. I for one will not buy Fortuner even if it was 5 lakhs or more lesser than Tiguan.
Both have its own strengths and cannot be compared directly. And even if one wants Fortuner, majority of them go for Diesel.
Also I might be wrong on my assumption, but don’t think Fortuner will be selling more than 100 petrol models in a month.
I agree with sunikkat. I would not look at the Fortuner. Just not my thing, nothing to with the budget or the quality of the car. I do think in India brand loyalty is a thing even though might be less it does exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Going to have a look at the Blue tomorrow at the dealership which is due for delivery to someone else. Will upload some pics if i can and if they do justice to the color...

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th February 2022 at 16:29. Reason: Back to back posts merged
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 18:45   #162
BHPian

My sales advisor says there is no confirmation when I will get delivery of my car. Very few cars are being delivered in the month of Feb.

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th February 2022 at 06:32. Reason: typo
Old 7th February 2022, 21:11   #163
BHPian

I spoke to the SA today and have initiated the loan process for the car. They have agreed not to force the standard accessories pack as mandatory. But the SA is not sure if it will be possible for them to separately bill the all weather floor mats and the window blinds. Apparently, VW sends it to them as a package and it cannot be sold separately. I simply don't understand VW s take on this. They really don't seem to want to sell their stuff.

On the positive side, the dealership have offered to try to match the insurance quote from outside and seem to be quite ok with that. The staff and follow up has been very good and am hoping to bring the car home this Friday if all goes according to plan.

These are the pics during my visit. And for those who are looking for a difference between the oryx white and the regular white, the car on the left with the door open is the oryx white. Its not very evident from the picture, probably due to the sunlight or picture quality.

The difference is very subtle and I was expecting a pearly yellowy tinge like the one in the innova, but this looks like a greyish tinge.

I saw a nightshade blue, but forgot to take a pic in the excitement. The colour looks classy.

Have any of you planned any mods or accessories? Any choice of floor mats ?
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-img_9895.jpg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-img_9896.jpg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-img_9894.jpg  

differential is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 23:08   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
hoping to bring the car home this Friday if all goes according to plan.
Have any of you planned any mods or accessories? Any choice of floor mats ?
Congratulations buddy. You're amongst the first very few. Mum is the word from my SA. They have no idea when they would get any allocation. Bit frustrating

I definitely m going for essential pack as I will want the sun blinds, mud flaps, all weather mats and car cover. Individually will cost 28k. For extra two grand, might as well get USB charger and all C type cables.

Other consideration- steel pedals and rear roof edge spoilers for me for 8k + 25k

Also for the people who want to see the night shade blue, Autobahn NAVI Mumbai in Nerul have their TD car of that Color

Last edited by Jangra : 7th February 2022 at 23:13.
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 14:24   #165
BHPian

The Tiguans sold elsewhere comes with wireless CarPlay. I believe the discover media and discover pro headunits from VW support the we-connect feature, which have wireless connectivity. Any idea about the headunit available in the Indian cars or if its possible to retrofit the wireless option in our cars?

VW India could have included this feature in our cars along with the wireless charging. Even the Taigun has it. We got a Taigun recently and the feature is very convenient and pairs effortlessly. As the CarPlay uses a bit of battery, the wireless charging is super comfortable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks