Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2022, 20:03   #166
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
I agree with sunikkat. I would not look at the Fortuner. Just not my thing, nothing to with the budget or the quality of the car. I do think in India brand loyalty is a thing even though might be less it does exist.

Going to have a look at the Blue tomorrow at the dealership which is due for delivery to someone else. Will upload some pics if i can and if they do justice to the color...
Visited the dealership today. They had 3 Tiguan's ready for delivery (1Oryx White, 2 in Night Shade blue) as a result was able to check out both the colors as well as the Black which was the TD vehicle.
Midnight Blue looked really nice in the sun especially in the fading sun. It looked distinctive and suited the car well. The Oryx White is almost like a watered down silver with a good mix of solid white looked really nice as well . It has shiny freckles as a part of the paint which shine in the light. Probably not for me as i have the same combo Polo GT (Panda) as one of my cars but you never know. The black was majestic as usual but would be a tough one to maintain i think (never owned a black car in all these years). Attaching some pics. Over all my choices (Pretty sure it will change):
1. Night shade blue
2. Oryx White
3. Black
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-1.jpg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-2.jpg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-3.jpg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-4.jpg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-5.jpg
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 20:22   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Over all my choices (Pretty sure it will change):
1. Night shade blue
2. Oryx White
3. Black
White Tiguan is such a looker, I would buy that for looks alone
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 22:59   #168

EaurougeatSpa which dealer in Bangalore this is, want to check how blue version looks in real life.

Thanks,
M
Old 8th February 2022, 23:12   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
White Tiguan is such a looker, I would buy that for looks alone
I might also slowly gravitate towards that

What I hear from some people who code VAG cars is that if it has the latest MIB then wireless car play can be enabled... but will only know when someone gets it done.. they haven't coded any new Tiguan's yet.

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th February 2022 at 07:32. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 00:52   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Visited the dealership today. They had 3 Tiguan's ready for delivery (1Oryx White, 2 in Night Shade blue) as a result was able to check out both the colors as well as the Black which was the TD vehicle.
Thanks for the picture man. Oryx white really looks cool, my Color of choice on this one. Now just hoping to get the delivery soon.
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 06:57   #171
BHPian

Quote:
What i hear from some people who code VAG cars is that if it has the latest MIB then wireless car play can be enabled... but will only know when someone gets it done.. they haven't coded any new Tiguan's yet.
That’s interesting news indeed, will try to check it out. Either way, I want to code out the speed dings at 80 and 120.
Old 9th February 2022, 12:38   #172
BHPian

@milam - This is at VW Palace Cross
@differential - Yes, that for sure and in the Superb they were able to easy entry seats as well.
Old 9th February 2022, 15:44   #173
BHPian

Quote:
@milam - This is at VW Palace Cross
@differential - Yes, that for sure and in the Superb they were able to easy entry seats as well.
The speed dings apparently are a 10-15 min job. How do we find out if the infotainment is the latest MIB one?

My loan process has been delayed due to some paperwork. So have planned to take delivery of the car next week. No accessories from VW as they are not able to bill items individually from the predetermined package.

Is it advisable to go for PPF on a white car. Am on 2 minds regarding the CR70 sun films. And right now the 3M nomad mats are on the shortlist
Old 9th February 2022, 19:05   #174
BHPian

In the brochure, its mentioned that Tiguan has Cruise Control with speed limiter. Does anyone know what this speed limiter means. Could anyone who have test driven or own the vehicle, clarify this please?
Old 9th February 2022, 19:08   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Is it advisable to go for PPF on a white car. Am on 2 minds regarding the CR70 sun films. And right now the 3M nomad mats are on the shortlist
PPF on a white car is not advisable. The film turns yellowish after sometime and doesn’t match the original paint. It’s preferable for darker colours.

Last edited by vb-saan : 10th February 2022 at 08:18. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 9th February 2022, 21:34   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
PPF on a white car is not advisable. The film turns yellowish after sometime and doesn’t match the original paint. It’s preferable for darker colours.
Also if ceramic coating is a better option was another question I had in mind. My dealer says they prefer ceramic coating.

Last edited by vb-saan : 10th February 2022 at 08:22. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 9th February 2022, 22:39   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Also if ceramic coating is a better option was another question I had in mind. My dealer says they prefer ceramic coating.
I have got my white Troc ppf ( for bonnet , front and rear bumper ) and ceramic for rest of the car. If you are going for ppf go for the highest variant available. It’s been 7 months now and it’s definitely helped in protecting against minor scratches. Especially protection against chipping from small stones which fall of from trucks in front.
PPF - self healing. Ceramic - mainly prot3ction against dirt. In the sense cleaning is easier.

Last edited by vb-saan : 10th February 2022 at 08:22. Reason: Quote tags fixed
CarSprit_ssk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 22:54   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSprit_ssk View Post
I have got my white Troc ppf ( for bonnet , front and rear bumper ) and ceramic for rest of the car. If you are going for ppf go for the highest variant available. It’s been 7 months now and it’s definitely helped in protecting against minor scratches. Especially protection against chipping from small stones which fall of from trucks in front.
PPF - self healing. Ceramic - mainly prot3ction against dirt. In the sense cleaning is easier.
Thank you. Will keep it in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
The speed dings apparently are a 10-15 min job. How do we find out if the infotainment is the latest MIB one?

My loan process has been delayed due to some paperwork. So have planned to take delivery of the car next week. No accessories from VW as they are not able to bill items individually from the predetermined package.

Is it advisable to go for PPF on a white car. Am on 2 minds regarding the CR70 sun films. And right now the 3M nomad mats are on the shortlist[/QUOTE
Not very sure how to find that out.
Looking forward to some delivery videos soon from everyone

Last edited by vb-saan : 10th February 2022 at 08:24. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 10th February 2022, 22:34   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Thanks for the picture man. Oryx white really looks cool, my Color of choice on this one. Now just hoping to get the delivery soon.
Any update on your delivery? How are you going about the insurance?
Old 10th February 2022, 23:00   #180
BHPian

Finally the loan went through. Just some paper work and all done. I am away for a couple of days. So hope to take delivery early next week.

I opted for insurance from the dealership. They gave me a reasonable Quote. Still undecided on the extended warranty of plus 1 or plus 2 years. Have decided to go with black or grey 3M Nomad mats.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed