Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2022, 17:41   #181
BHPian
 
differential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 220 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
Are they specifically designed by car models or just universal fits?
The 3M mats come as a roll. They are measured and cut according to size. And they are charged per square foot. This is the one that’s commonly called the noodles mat. I kind of like it. Holds dust and debris and even spilt liquids. And easy to clean and hose down. And they have a choice of colours. Some people don’t prefer it much.

Car invoiced. And ready for registration on Monday.

Will plan for delivery either on Monday or Tuesday.

How are the Hankook tyres that come with the car?

The new Kodiaq comes with MRF MARKUS tyres. Looks like their premium SUV tyre.

Last edited by differential : 11th February 2022 at 17:45. Reason: Back to back posts
differential is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 18:08   #182
R_R
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NCR
Posts: 234
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

As I am looking for my next SUV, I am realizing that Tiguan has one advantage, by default. Best as I can tell, there is no other petrol AWD/4x4 below this, price-wise, outside the Mahindra Thar. Of course, the Thar is not for most people (certainly not for me). The Mitsubishi Outlander is one alternative, but they appear to have been discontinued, and no indication if they'll bring the new one to India. The next-gen Hyundai Tucson, well, we'll have to wait and see, but the petrol engine version in India may not get the AWD. The last-gen Tucson that Hyundai continues to sell in India gets AWD only with the diesel engine, and the new gen that Hyundai sells in Nepal is also the same: AWD only with diesel engine. So, its a bit weird, but for those in the NCR, who don't want to plonk down 35+ Lakhs on a diesel because of the ten year rule, will either have buy a non-AWD SUV (which, in my opinion, doesn't really qualify as an SUV!), or settle for the Tiguan as the cheapest petrol+AWD combine!

Curious though: why do manufacturers in India give AWD mostly only in diesel now? What is the marketing calculation here? What is the logic for assuming that buyers opting for petrol are unlikely to want AWD/4x4? Also, this seems a recent trend: we had in India the Suzuki GV (I love mine!!), Honda CRV etc. until recently.

Last edited by R_R : 11th February 2022 at 18:11.
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 19:51   #183
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bombay
Posts: 115
Thanked: 685 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Any update on your delivery? How are you going about the insurance?
SA is very sure it will be sometime between 3-5 weeks. About yours?

But, now I am thinking again. Like I mentioned before that wait time is not so easy, while I love the Tiguan especially in White, I'm also considering other options but haven't finalized. More to come on that.
Jangra is offline  
Old 11th February 2022, 20:15   #184
BHPian
 
urban legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: MUMBAI MH05
Posts: 201
Thanked: 179 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

I am planning to change my tyres to either Michelin or Bridgestone upon delivery. I want to keep the same size and profile and the same alloys too.
My sales advisor is not able to clarify whether this will affect the warranty.
I wrote an email to the Volkswagen customer care but they havenít replied too.
Can anyone clarify whether changing the tyre brand without changing the size will cause any issues in the warranty ? Especially with the DSG in mind.
urban legend is offline  
Old 11th February 2022, 20:30   #185
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bombay
Posts: 115
Thanked: 685 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
Can anyone clarify whether changing the tyre brand without changing the size will cause any issues in the warranty ? Especially with the DSG in mind.
Absolutely not. I changed the tires on my Vento on day 1 of delivery and it never voided the warranty. But unless you have experience of serious issues with Hankook, why change them?
Jangra is offline  
Old 11th February 2022, 20:48   #186
BHPian
 
differential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 220 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Changing the brand of tyres will not void warranty unless the sizes are also off and change the total tyre rolling diameter Significantly. Due to this some cars might have issues with ABS sensors or might have increase load on suspension components. In that case the warranty might be questionable.

We don’t have a wide choice of tyres in the stock size. And the stock rim width is relatively narrow to accommodate wider tyres. Michelin has the primacy and latitude sport series, Pirelli scorpion, now the MRF Markus. Any other tyres available in the stock size?

I personally don’t have a huge liking for the Hankooks as a brand because they were stock on the Octavia vrs and they were not at all good. Hopefully these are a different series of Hankooks. The new A4 comes with Audi approved Hankooks. I don’t know if it’s real thing “Audi approved”, but the tyres have some sort of markings I believe. Those tyres seem to be good.

And another thing to be considered is the cost of replacement. Replacement tyres cost around 18-20k a piece and the buy back for the Hankooks would also be low. I for one have decided to stick on with the Hankooks for sometime. For people planning to tour with this car, getting a 5th full size alloy with a new tyre would be worthwhile.

Last edited by differential : 11th February 2022 at 20:51. Reason: Back to back posts
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 16:22   #187
R_R
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NCR
Posts: 234
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
For people planning to tour with this car, getting a 5th full size alloy with a new tyre would be worthwhile.
In addition to the temporary space-saver spare tire? Wouldn't that take up a lot of trunk space? Or is there some other solution?
R_R is offline  
Old 12th February 2022, 17:55   #188
BHPian
 
differential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 220 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
In addition to the temporary space-saver spare tire? Wouldn't that take up a lot of trunk space? Or is there some other solution?
Tye 5th wheel would be instead of the space saver. The boot floor of the Tiguan has 2 positions. The higher level permits the full sized wheel to be placed in the wheel well. The lower level liberates 2-3 inches of vertical boot space.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 20:57   #189
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 144
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Changing the brand of tyres will not void warranty unless the sizes are also off and change the total tyre rolling diameter Significantly. Due to this some cars might have issues with ABS sensors or might have increase load on suspension components. In that case the warranty might be questionable.

We donít have a wide choice of tyres in the stock size. And the stock rim width is relatively narrow to accommodate wider tyres. Michelin has the primacy and latitude sport series, Pirelli scorpion, now the MRF Markus. Any other tyres available in the stock size?

I personally donít have a huge liking for the Hankooks as a brand because they were stock on the Octavia vrs and they were not at all good. Hopefully these are a different series of Hankooks. The new A4 comes with Audi approved Hankooks. I donít know if itís real thing ďAudi approvedĒ, but the tyres have some sort of markings I believe. Those tyres seem to be good.

And another thing to be considered is the cost of replacement. Replacement tyres cost around 18-20k a piece and the buy back for the Hankooks would also be low. I for one have decided to stick on with the Hankooks for sometime. For people planning to tour with this car, getting a 5th full size alloy with a new tyre would be worthwhile.
This is a really good suggestion
EaurougeatSpa is offline  
Old 12th February 2022, 21:01   #190
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Hayek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,568
Thanked: 10,797 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
I am planning to change my tyres to either Michelin or Bridgestone upon delivery. I want to keep the same size and profile and the same alloys too.
As others have said, it will not void the warranty. But why would you shift from the Hankook SUV tyres to Bridgestone? In my experience, Bridgestone tyres sold in India are locally made and decidedly mediocre. Hankook (unlike Kumho) is a high end Korean brand - to my mind, these are as good as any OEM tyres you are likely to get. Based on nearly one yearís experience with my Allspace, they are definitely much better than the Goodyears my Superb came with, even if probably inferior to Michelins.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 10:51   #191
BHPian
 
urban legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: MUMBAI MH05
Posts: 201
Thanked: 179 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
As others have said, it will not void the warranty. But why would you shift from the Hankook SUV tyres to Bridgestone? In my experience, Bridgestone tyres sold in India are locally made and decidedly mediocre. Hankook (unlike Kumho) is a high end Korean brand - to my mind, these are as good as any OEM tyres you are likely to get. Based on nearly one yearís experience with my Allspace, they are definitely much better than the Goodyears my Superb came with, even if probably inferior to Michelins.
I was actually planning to shift to Michelin. I have used Michelins for both my cars for the past 10 years and am quite satisfied with the grip and low road noise.
But as you say if the hankooks are good enough I ll stick with them.
Thanks
urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 11:31   #192
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 402
Thanked: 1,240 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
the Tiguan as the cheapest petrol+AWD combine!

Curious though: why do manufacturers in India give AWD mostly only in diesel now? What is the marketing calculation here? What is the logic for assuming that buyers opting for petrol are unlikely to want AWD/4x4? Also, this seems a recent trend: we had in India the Suzuki GV (I love mine!!), Honda CRV etc. until recently.
My question too- i was so hoping the XUV700 would offer AWD in petrol guise but even Mahindra disappointed, after raising expectations with the Thar petrol 4x4...so uptil 38 lakh onroad, there is no option other than Thar. Such a huge market opportunity gone abegging

Maybe the 5 door Thar will be the one to look out for . Even new Scorpio may not have 4x4 in petrol. Btw think the CRV had AWD only on the diesel.
achyutaghosh is offline  
Old 14th February 2022, 21:51   #193
BHPian
 
differential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 220 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Finally the car came home today!

Took delivery this evening. Went to the temple for a customary Pooja. And went out for dinner.

Then it was a post dinner 50km drive to get a feel of the car. It was a very pleasant and quiet drive. The car feels solid and cocoons you from the outside world.

Early impressions - very happy with the car.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-0e51eb4e29794c059f9fc814a7fbb3d3.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-26aacaa3942e4457926d817334219a47.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-fb53864cb9eb40299a9368eaa59659b1.jpeg  

differential is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 22:52   #194
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 144
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Finally the car came home today!

Took delivery this evening. Went to the temple for a customary Pooja. And went out for dinner.

Then it was a post dinner 50km drive to get a feel of the car. It was a very pleasant and quiet drive. The car feels solid and cocoons you from the outside world.

Early impressions - very happy with the car.
Congratulations and many motoring miles!
Any final additions before delivery?
EaurougeatSpa is offline  
Old 15th February 2022, 03:54   #195
BHPian
 
differential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 220 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Congratulations and many motoring miles!
Any final additions before delivery?
Thanks. No additions at all. I donít think Iím going to add anything other than floor mats for the time being. Need to put in more km and figure out what I need. The main one on my wish list is the black pack and choke delete. Just wondering how itís possible to do.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks