Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2022, 17:06   #256
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Thanks for the idea. For me the wireless charger works because the phone goes around the occupants while on family trips. I will try to find more information on this. The wireless charger is not important for me at all. I always prefer the wired ones because they are faster but don’t like to keep the phone always plugged in for charging (just habits)
The Tiguan comes with blue tooth connectivity for at least up to 2 phones simultaneously. So receiving and making calls, playing music etc is all possible without the wired CarPlay. The only time one would need to connect to CarPlay would be to use maps etc.
troika is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 17:28   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
The Tiguan comes with blue tooth connectivity for at least up to 2 phones simultaneously. So receiving and making calls, playing music etc is all possible without the wired CarPlay. The only time one would need to connect to CarPlay would be to use maps etc.
Thanks. That should do it for me.
On a side note, what is the major factor that made you chose the Tiguan? And what is it that you like the most in the car now that you have it?
Old 6th March 2022, 18:02   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. That should do it for me.
On a side note, what is the major factor that made you chose the Tiguan? And what is it that you like the most in the car now that you have it?
Ok, so bear with me while I give you the long winded feedback
I had decided to buy the Tiguan a few years ago , had driven the diesel Tiguan and also the petrol 5 seater in Europe. I found the diesel a little underpowered to be honest, so was really glad that they decided to launch the petrol in india. I needed a family car that would enable me to undertake long trips, had to be a petrol suv( because of the state of our roads) and had to have an AWD to get one out of a tricky situation if it would arise. We are a family of 3 and didn’t really need a 7 seater but wanted a spacious car. So the Tiguan ticked all the boxes.
Over the last 10 days and approximately 700 kms of ownership , these are the positives:
1. The engine and gearbox combo. It’s just right, works well for sedate family drives, and also satisfies the enthusiast when one is wanting to push it in sports mode or in manual with the paddle shifters. The paddle shifters are lightning quick.
2. The ride quality is fairly decent at low speeds and very good at highway speeds. Am keeping approximately 34 psi in the tyres. Haven’t done a drive to the hills yet, so can’t comment on the handling in hills and the associated body roll.
3. The sound insulation. It’s just fantastic.
4. The build quality.
5. The headlights are a boon to drive at night.
6. My kid loves the panoramic roof !🤣
7. Ample legroom in the rear as well and a spacious boot with lot of flexibility via a vis the rear seats.
8. The drivers seat is one of the most comfortable that I have ever sat in. It holds the driver very well.
9. Some might not like this point, but I love the fact that it looks understated , and not radical or in your face in the looks department. I love the simple, classic straight lines.

Hope you get your car soon.
troika is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 20:34   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, so bear with me while I give you the long winded feedback
I had decided to buy the Tiguan a few years ago , had driven the diesel Tiguan and also the petrol 5 seater in Europe. I found the diesel a little underpowered to be honest, so was really glad that they decided to launch the petrol in india. I needed a family car that would enable me to undertake long trips, had to be a petrol suv( because of the state of our roads) and had to have an AWD to get one out of a tricky situation if it would arise. We are a family of 3 and didn’t really need a 7 seater but wanted a spacious car. So the Tiguan ticked all the boxes.
Over the last 10 days and approximately 700 kms of ownership , these are the positives:
1. The engine and gearbox combo. It’s just right, works well for sedate family drives, and also satisfies the enthusiast when one is wanting to push it in sports mode or in manual with the paddle shifters. The paddle shifters are lightning quick.
2. The ride quality is fairly decent at low speeds and very good at highway speeds. Am keeping approximately 34 psi in the tyres. Haven’t done a drive to the hills yet, so can’t comment on the handling in hills and the associated body roll.
3. The sound insulation. It’s just fantastic.
4. The build quality.
5. The headlights are a boon to drive at night.
6. My kid loves the panoramic roof !��
7. Ample legroom in the rear as well and a spacious boot with lot of flexibility via a vis the rear seats.
8. The drivers seat is one of the most comfortable that I have ever sat in. It holds the driver very well.
9. Some might not like this point, but I love the fact that it looks understated , and not radical or in your face in the looks department. I love the simple, classic straight lines.

Hope you get your car soon.
Thank you for the comprehensive answer
For me the handling, understated looks, sound insulation( have to drive it to believe how good it is) and a spacious 4 seater was the deal maker as we are a family of 4.
Haven’t experienced the lights yet in the dark in this updated Tiguan. Looking forward to that.

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 6th March 2022 at 20:37. Reason: Text
Old 6th March 2022, 21:22   #260
BHPian

If the software is accessed by an unauthorised person, Every time the car goes to the service centre and is hooked up for diagnostics won’t it show up ?
I really would like to remove the speed dings and activate the dynamic indicators. But I don’t want any issues with the warranty claims.
I am wondering whether to get it done or not.
Old 7th March 2022, 09:47   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Got some features activated on the Tiguan this week courtesy drcodemyvw. Listing few of them below:
1. Dynamic indicators
2. Easy entry seats
3. Tail light startup animation
4. Daytime running tail light
5. Speed chimes removal
Attaching a short GIF where the dynamic indicators and startup animation is visible.
Hey the dynamic swipe and animation looks awesome!

Would these mods affect warranty?

Do they also cater to Audi?

Last edited by ashish22 : 7th March 2022 at 09:52.
Old 7th March 2022, 10:23   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Hey the dynamic swipe and animation looks awesome!

Would these mods affect warranty?

Do they also cater to Audi?
Thanks, don’t think they affect warranty as it’s just an activation / option on the software. I can’t be 100% sure though.
Yes, they do cater to audi.
Old 7th March 2022, 17:20   #263
BHPian

I spoke with the drcode person. He said that the changes he makes cannot be picked up by the service centre scanners.
So it seems there won’t be any warranty issues.
Old 7th March 2022, 23:15   #264
BHPian

A video on the IQ Lights on the Tiguan from the OEM. Interesting video
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 09:12   #265
BHPian

Quote:
A video on the IQ Lights on the Tiguan from the OEM. Interesting video
https://Youtu.be/Fk_TDNwZUrQ
The IQ lights seem really useful.Does the Indian Tiguan have these same lights and features? The brochure doesn’t mention all these details.
Old 8th March 2022, 10:39   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
The IQ lights seem really useful.Does the Indian Tiguan have these same lights and features? The brochure doesn’t mention all these details.
Yes the brochure is useless. But I do believe it is the same unit, had a discussion on this with the management at my dealership.
Old 8th March 2022, 11:39   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
Yes, it’s the same headlight setup. Works really well. Also the digital brochure does mention it.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-38cde1fc734f4715a0ccafb575491bd5.jpeg  

troika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 01:09   #268
Senior - BHPian

Are there any discounts currently being offered on the Tiguan 5 seater? Any idea or intimation of the new all space coming in too?
Old 9th March 2022, 02:24   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Are there any discounts currently being offered on the Tiguan 5 seater? Any idea or intimation of the new all space coming in too?
There is a waiting period for both the SUV cousins from VAG group. So *NO* discounts, though the dealership is generally OK with you doing the insurance from outside and they are OK to match it. I don't think anyone has any clue about AllSpace, given the current scenario of the auto industry, it might be futile to expect it at least for the next 3 quarters.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 08:53   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
The dealers are offering a loyalty discount if you already have a VW (less than 30k) and per SR-71 below same situation with the insurance. No reluctance to match good quotes from outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
There is a waiting period for both the SUV cousins from VAG group. So *NO* discounts, though the dealership is generally OK with you doing the insurance from outside and they are OK to match it. I don't think anyone has any clue about AllSpace, given the current scenario of the auto industry, it might be futile to expect it at least for the next 3 quarters.
Agree with you on the insurance.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks