Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2022, 21:05   #286
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
I just got a call from my sales manager. No cars have been produced this month. My car won’t be available for another month at least.
I hear that there is some impact from the ongoing crisis in Ukraine. My dealer has update me as well saying anticipate slight delays.
Old 15th March 2022, 22:22   #287
R_R
BHPian

The Tiguan seems to have done very well in the latest CarWale Offroad day event. Though not a hardcore offroad vehicle, and competing against the likes of the Thar and Isuzu V-Cross, it got commendable performance. The track was not really hardcore, and was 4H rather than 4L type, so no rock-crawling or anything, but not bad for a luxury, road-focused SUV. Have to say I was impressed, very! Link below:

R_R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 16:39   #288
BHPian

I asked my dealer whether the car price will be the same or it’s going to increase in April? The answer is it will probably increase just like all other manufacturers are doing.
This not a good move on part of skoda Volkswagen.
I won’t be surprised if many bookings get cancelled. Even I am having second thoughts.
urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 23:13   #289
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys what tires do you recommend for high line size. I’ve shortlisted Pirelli Scorpion Verde (has gel inside) and Michelin Primacy 4. Price difference for set is ~13k and usage is mostly city and high way all tarmac. Want low road noise and best ride quality.

Quote:
I asked my dealer whether the car price will be the same or it’s going to increase in April? The answer is it will probably increase just like all other manufacturers are doing.
This not a good move on part of skoda Volkswagen.
I won’t be surprised if many bookings get cancelled. Even I am having second thoughts.
It’s really a shame that not only do you have to wait but also suffer from the ‘price valid at time of delivery’. How car buyers have been shafted from every possible in recent times will be remembered. The tides will turn and free markets always work for the consumer. Really hope you get the car soon it will be worth the wait.
quickdraw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 00:01   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Hi guys what tires do you recommend for high line size. I’ve shortlisted Pirelli Scorpion Verde (has gel inside) and Michelin Primacy 4. Price difference for set is ~13k and usage is mostly city and high way all tarmac. Want low road noise and best ride quality.

The stock tires are pretty good in my opinion unless you have specific performance in mind.

It’s really a shame that not only do you have to wait but also suffer from the ‘price valid at time of delivery’. How car buyers have been shafted from every possible in recent times will be remembered. The tides will turn and free markets always work for the consumer. Really hope you get the car soon it will be worth the wait.
My dealer says that they don’t expect a price hike for the Tiguan but could be delayed deliveries due to ongoing conflict.
Having said that they could try to push some stock for the march31 sales deadlines so you can never be too sure that it won’t increase in April.
Old 21st March 2022, 13:04   #291

Ive received my Tiguan (silver) 3 weeks ago in Bangalore, and was offered the White colored version incase i preferred it.

The Sales agent mentioned that he expects deliveries to start in earnest and that VAG were delivering all booked colors based on order priority.

I am still waiting for some of the accessories to reach them - specifically the floor mats and mudflaps.
Gazole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 23:29   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazole View Post
Ive received my Tiguan (silver) 3 weeks ago in Bangalore, and was offered the White colored version incase i preferred it.

The Sales agent mentioned that he expects deliveries to start in earnest and that VAG were delivering all booked colors based on order priority.

I am still waiting for some of the accessories to reach them - specifically the floor mats and mudflaps.
Congratulations. Was always curious to see how the silver looked.
Old 22nd March 2022, 01:33   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazole View Post

Congratulations, do post pics. Mats must be same as old version right?
Old 25th March 2022, 13:43   #294
BHPian

It’s been 40 days since I took delivery of the car and the car has covered 2700 kms as of date.

Impressions:

1. Fuel efficiency:
Avg in city - around 8.5kmpl
Highways - around 13
Hills 7 - 8 kmpl.

All with 4 people and boot full of bags.

2.Tyre pressures:
The car rides stiff with anything more than 36 psi all round, even with 4 people.

Am running 33 psi for 2 passengers and 36 for 4 passengers.

3. Air conditioning:
The AC cools reasonably well, but it needs the temp down to 19degrees during hot days to feel comfortable. I just learned to unlock the rear temperature adjustment. I thought it was faulty in my car.

4. Squeaks/ rattles:
The car has a small sound coming from near the left rear door. Will have to get it checked. This was a bit unexpected and disappointing so soon in the ownership.

5. Infotainment:
I have had the infotainment hang / blank out atleast on 3 separate occasions. It worked ok after switching off and restarting the car. But not cool. A few VW forums report these glitches as common with the newer VW MIBs.

Need to get this checked out.

I also find the engine noise in the cabin to slightly more.

Otherwise the car is very nice to drive and super stable at highway speeds. It gets better as the speeds increase in the highways.

Kindly share ur views on the infotainment issues and if anyone has faced these issues.

Last edited by differential : 25th March 2022 at 13:45. Reason: Spelling
differential is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 02:11   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
I just learned to unlock the rear temperature adjustment. I thought it was faulty in my car.
Congrats on the car, I'm sure you will get those small niggles sorted out. Can you tell us how you figured out the above.

Do share pics of your ride.
Old 26th March 2022, 07:36   #296
BHPian

The rear temp adjustment controls are on the infotainment screen under air con settings. Just select rear ac and press the lock icon.

Did a reset of the infotainment- long press of the on/off button for 10 seconds. No hanging post that. Fingers crossed. Just checked the Infotainment Device part number : 3G5035832D

I am not able to find the model of the infotainment and the specs based on the part number. Any idea if our cars have option to enable wireless CarPlay?

Anybody here using carlinkit or Cplay2air?

Last edited by differential : 26th March 2022 at 07:40. Reason: Spelling
Old 26th March 2022, 07:57   #297
BHPian

These are the VW/AUDI/SKODA infotainment part numbers I could find. Not able to match our part number to these.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-5f93e48ac4164a1191c437fa913f0a8c.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-36e93773e45d4158b3ea5def95dc11a9.jpeg  

Old 26th March 2022, 13:51   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
The rear temp adjustment controls are on the infotainment screen under air con settings. Just select rear ac and press the lock icon.

Did a reset of the infotainment- long press of the on/off button for 10 seconds. No hanging post that. Fingers crossed. Just checked the Infotainment Device part number : 3G5035832D

I am not able to find the model of the infotainment and the specs based on the part number. Any idea if our cars have option to enable wireless CarPlay?

Anybody here using carlinkit or Cplay2air?
To unlock the cars’s features, the drvw guy might be of help. He sends the cable by courier and does it online. I think others on this thread have used his services for VAG cars.
urban legend is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 12:42   #299
BHPian

Quote:
To unlock the cars’s features, the drvw guy might be of help. He sends the cable by courier and does it online. I think others on this thread have used his services for VAG cars.
Hi. Expecting delivery of my Tiguan in a month’s time. Specifically interested in deactivating the speed warnings. Need little more details on this. Also any trusted contact in Hyderabad?
Old 28th March 2022, 17:03   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshb18 View Post
Hi. Expecting delivery of my Tiguan in a month’s time. Specifically interested in deactivating the speed warnings. Need little more details on this. Also any trusted contact in Hyderabad?
You can reach out to drcodemyvw on instagram. Reliable. He does pan india.
Getting mine today from him as well once I get it.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed