Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2022, 21:27   #346
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
But to each his own and there is nothing really wrong in spending for PPF or ceramic coating if one wants to.
I would say very aptly put.
And the same logic goes for your car selection as well. Not matter the pros and the cons of a car. If a car appeals to you, it appeals to you. End of matter.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 21:51   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
Posting a few snaps taken after the coating. Please excuse the quality as I couldn’t get the time to do a proper photo shoot
Great snaps! What colour is this - pure white or oryx white? What made you choose one over the other?
solaris007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 22:30   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
Great snaps! What colour is this - pure white or oryx white? What made you choose one over the other?
It’s oryx white. It was not a matter of choice as much as it was a matter of availability. I took the one which I got first. Incidentally my other car is also a metallic pearl white swift.
Old 18th April 2022, 15:49   #349
BHPian

In a surprising turn of events, my dealer preponed delivery of my car! Took delivery of this beauty on 16/4/22. The red beauty joins the company of my 8 year old Vento! I am just loving the car. My initial impressions are just too good! Impressed with the smoothness/ finesse of Tiguan. As usual 2.0 TSI + DSG is a gem. I'm just loving it. few pics attached. More on the experiences in few days!
Attached Images

yogeshb18 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 23:55   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshb18 View Post
In a surprising turn of events, my dealer preponed delivery of my car! Took delivery of this beauty on 16/4/22. The red beauty joins the company of my 8 year old Vento! I am just loving the car. My initial impressions are just too good! Impressed with the smoothness/ finesse of Tiguan. As usual 2.0 TSI + DSG is a gem. I'm just loving it. few pics attached. More on the experiences in few days!
Congratulations! I think this is the first kings red I have seen.
Old 19th April 2022, 15:32   #351
BHPian

Congratulations. It’s a lovely colour.
The Tiguan is one of those cars which has a timeless shape and looks good in all available colours.
urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 20:45   #352
BHPian

A quick update on my car. Mine is a Onyx white Tiguan 2.0 TDI BS4 car, bought in 2020. Run only 6500 KM in 2 years.

The car was displaying ESC, Traction control and other errors in the dashboard , used to go away after switching off the ignition and turning it on after a few mins. Since the usage was low, I didn't really bother too much about it. But a few days back, the errors started coming more frequently. Did not want to take chances and fixed an appointment with VW service. Turned out to be ABS Sensor issue on the front wheel. This was replaced under warranty and car was returned after 2 days. Now running fine. For a change , it was a decent experience in the VW service center. I was kept updated on the progress and car was delivered at home free of cost.

The A/c vent adjustment lever on leftmost passenger side vent is broken, Don't know how it happened, Tried to use quickfix to paste it but it it is not working. Looking out for just that part alone. But it requires dashboard to be taken out, The slider attaches to a clip on the inside of the vent to adjust the louvres.
baskar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 19:28   #353
BHPian

Has anyone found an option for wireless apple car play? Please share if possible.
Old 24th April 2022, 06:00   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
The A/c vent adjustment lever on leftmost passenger side vent is broken, Don't know how it happened, Tried to use quickfix to paste it but it it is not working. Looking out for just that part alone. But it requires dashboard to be taken out, The slider attaches to a clip on the inside of the vent to adjust the louvres.
That’s typical VW. All my jetta vents have been repaired/replaced at some point in its life. Thought the Tiguan would be a notch higher in quality.

You don’t need to remove the dashboard at all. VW guys can fix it as it is. You need to have the broken bits of the slider with you. They will fix it back on. Atleast the Mumbai service centre does a good job of that.

It’s likely they might tell you to buy a new vent to keep the cash registers rolling but if you insist on repair they can easy do it literally for free.

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th April 2022 at 06:25. Reason: Fixing quote box
Old 1st May 2022, 20:11   #355
BHPian

Any more deliveries for the people who have booked?
Looks like it’s gonna be a while more for me.
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:35   #356
BHPian

They seem to have raised the prices of the Tiguan by 80k (ex-showroom). They have updated the new price on the website as well.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 21:19   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
They seem to have raised the prices of the Tiguan by 80k (ex-showroom). They have updated the new price on the website as well.
I guess this was bound to happen considering every other manufacturer has increased prices since launch.
It’s a reality we have to accept now, be ready to wait and pay prices at the time of delivery.
Old 5th May 2022, 12:31   #358
BHPian

Got a call from the SA today saying that ex showroom is now 32.79 effective 4th May.
MadHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 17:49   #359

I'm almost sold on the Tiguan - only thing holding me back is the DQ 381 reliability. Coming from a line of Hyundai's and Honda's, reliability is a kind of something I got used to for a car. I really want to go german for the next car but the heart and head seem to be pulling me in opposite directions. For those who already have booked or got Tiguan, did you have the same concerns?

Another thing, with E20 (flex fuel) becoming a reality soon, how does Tiguan fare on this - does it support E20? I've seen BMWs supporting upto E25 - this detail should be available in the manual. I've tried checking with sales/dealer but they seem to be clueless.
pulk1t is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 01:37   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulk1t View Post
I'm almost sold on the Tiguan - only thing holding me back is the DQ 381 reliability. Coming from a line of Hyundai's and Honda's, reliability is a kind of something I got used to for a car. I really want to go german for the next car but the heart and head seem to be pulling me in opposite directions. For those who already have booked or got Tiguan, did you have the same concerns?

Another thing, with E20 (flex fuel) becoming a reality soon, how does Tiguan fare on this - does it support E20? I've seen BMWs supporting upto E25 - this detail should be available in the manual. I've tried checking with sales/dealer but they seem to be clueless.
The 381 is a much more reliable wet clutch unit when compared to the 200 unit. Don’t think that should be a deal breaker. If you are really worried about it then suggest you get the extended warranty just to be sure.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks