Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2022, 01:42   #361
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Got a welcome suprise call from my SA that car has been dispatched from the factory. I requested him to share the VIN which he did promptly.

On a quick check of the VIN everything seems ok but intrigued that it comes up as VW Slovenia 🇸🇮. So can I assume the CKD came from there to India ?
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-7e94973fe1bd4e3ebc7bae29b66ca89e.jpeg  

MadHawk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 00:25   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHawk View Post
Got a welcome suprise call from my SA that car has been dispatched from the factory. I requested him to share the VIN which he did promptly.

On a quick check of the VIN everything seems ok but intrigued that it comes up as VW Slovenia ����. So can I assume the CKD came from there to India ?
That sounds great. That’s a fair assumption to make.
When did you make the booking?

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 15th May 2022 at 00:28.
Old 15th May 2022, 02:41   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
When did you make the booking?
Had booked it in early January. I understand very limited no’s are being allocated to dealers. I went through 5 VW dealers in NCR /GGN. Not 1 of them was even interested or treated me as if I had come to buy a car worth 40 big ones including the one I bought the Jetta from here in GGN. Finally found a good honest SA in a far flung area of NCR couple of hours from my place and he somehow sourced it within 3-4 months as committed.

I really wish VW treated their customers and fan boys better !
MadHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 16:14   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Had booked it in early January. I understand very limited no’s are being allocated to dealers. I went through 5 VW dealers in NCR /GGN. Not 1 of them was even interested or treated me as if I had come to buy a car worth 40 big ones including the one I bought the Jetta from here in GGN. Finally found a good honest SA in a far flung area of NCR couple of hours from my place and he somehow sourced it within 3-4 months as committed.

I really wish VW treated their customers and fan boys better !
That’s not a good story to buy a premium car. I have a good relation with my dealer and he has told me that they are not taking any more orders for the Tiguan as they are awash with customer queries. And unfortunately they don’t have enough supply coming through. So it’s the same familiar story with all manufacturers and dealers.
Old 15th May 2022, 22:45   #365
BHPian

I too enquired in VW Whitefield showroom in Bangalore, they clearly told me that there is a waiting time of at least 5 months if not more. Looks like they delivered only 4 cars so far. No test drive or display vehicle available. Not sure what's the VW's game plan here. They were so gung ho about their SUVW strategy in the media and poor handling on the ground.

Seriously there is a shortage of cars in this segment and nobody seems to interested in it. Hyundai is not bringing their new Tucson, god knows if Citreon is going to be there for next 5 years or not.
nagarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 23:25   #366
BHPian

If the need is not urgent, then in the given circumstances it’s just best to book and forget or not book at all and look at options when the market balance returns in sometime.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 09:10   #367
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
I too enquired in VW Whitefield showroom in Bangalore, they clearly told me that there is a waiting time of at least 5 months if not more. Looks like they delivered only 4 cars so far.
Quite surprising! Is this still because of the chip shortage, other supply-chain disruptions, or some kind of weird strategy to make it appear as if the vehicle is in demand? I would have thought that these supply-chain problems would be resolved at some speed, but looks like we are all going to have to wait months, even if we book. Of course, in the case of the new Tucson, can't even book until it is launched and there is some clarity about the version they are bringing to India (specifically, in my case, whether they bring the petrol or hybrid in combination with HTRAC AWD).
Old 18th May 2022, 20:46   #368
BHPian

Finally got my VW Blue baby to replace the Jetta in the garage.

Initial impressions are positive and will share my experience of the car once I get to spend some quality time with it. The only shocker was the 8K fuel bill to fill her up. I always change to Michelin rubber straight from the showroom but this time could not find the 235/55/18 Michelin rubber anywhere so sticking to the OEM Hancooks for now !
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-81544f108aa04c779cb14f27bd1493e0.jpeg  

MadHawk is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 21:41   #369
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Nice! Congratulations!! Love the Tiguan's looks.

I see an R badge in the front grille, which I haven't seen in other Indian Tiguans. Did you add this? Or is it from VW India itself? I thought this indicated the "R" Line versions of Tiguans sold in other markets but not in India, where we only get one version.

Also, your Hankooks are self-sealing, correct?
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 22:58   #370
BHPian

Quote:

Initial impressions are positive and will share my experience of the car once I get to spend some quality time with it. The only shocker was the 8K fuel bill to fill her up. I always change to Michelin rubber straight from the showroom but this time could not find the 235/55/18 Michelin rubber anywhere so sticking to the OEM Hancooks for now !
Looks spectacular. Congratulations
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 00:11   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I always change to Michelin rubber straight from the showroom but this time could not find the 235/55/18 Michelin rubber anywhere so sticking to the OEM Hancooks for now !
Congratulations on the new car!
Is the ride as stiff as the earlier Tiguans (with 18 inchers) or have they reworked the suspensions a bit?
I find the low speed ride on bad surfaces to be terrible on my Tiguan Allspace and I have been contemplating to swap them for 17" rims. Normal tubeless tyres instead of the run-flat tyres should make big difference as well.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 11:11   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post

I see an R badge in the front grille, which I haven't seen in other Indian Tiguans. Did you add this? Or is it from VW India itself? I thought this indicated the "R" Line versions of Tiguans sold in other markets but not in India, where we only get one version.

Also, your Hankooks are self-sealing, correct?
Only a Bhpian would notice that . Actually during the test drive I noticed that VW had kept on the front grill the option to put these badges but I guess for other markets for the R line Trim version. So when I ordered the rear central tunnel mats from an European site as it was not available in India or VW, I picked up these badges also to hide the 2 big gaping holes in the front grill for these badges. To be frank it makes it stand out/unique even more in the sea of Audi's, Beemer's and Merc's where I live.

As for the Ventus S1 Evo2 Hankooks , I am pretty sure they are not run flats as they have given a spare tyre but I am not a 100% sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Congratulations on the new car!
Is the ride as stiff as the earlier Tiguans (with 18 inchers) or have they reworked the suspensions a bit?
I find the low speed ride on bad surfaces to be terrible on my Tiguan Allspace and I have been contemplating to swap them for 17" rims. Normal tubeless tyres instead of the run-flat tyres should make big difference as well.
To be frank, I found the ride more plusher and compliant than my TDI Jetta which was running on soft Michelin rubber. I find the ride absolutely acceptable and not harsh at all as it is made out to be even on some of the rough patches. When I took delivery the first thing I did was to reduce the tyre pressure from 38 PSI to 34 PSI and that made a lot of difference. In my opinion you might want to change to regular soft compound rubber and reduce your tyre pressure to 34 PSI types on the all space. If it works it will save you the extra cash that you would need to spend on new 17" rims.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th May 2022 at 16:35. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 19th May 2022, 14:54   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Only a Bhpian would notice that . Actually during the test drive I noticed that VW had kept on the front grill the option to put these badges but I guess for other markets for the R line Trim version. So when I ordered the rear central tunnel mats from an European site as it was not available in India or VW, I picked up these badges also to hide the 2 big gaping holes in the front grill for these badges. To be frank it makes it stand out/unique even more in the sea of Audi's, Beemer's and Merc's where I live.

As for the Ventus S1 Evo2 Hankooks , I am pretty sure they are not run flats as they have given a spare tyre but I am not a 100% sure.
Hey congratulations! The car looks spectacular.
I got my delivery last month. Would you mind sharing the European website where you purchased the rear central tunnel mats. Thanks in advance!
yogeshb18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 12:18   #374

Hi,

Happy to share I have booked a Tiguan early this month. Looks like a 4 month waiting period.

Have a question: Has any of the new owners of the Tiguan experienced any issues with the fuel? I gather from other threads that normal fuel can be used and not necessarily 95 octane.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd May 2022 at 10:17. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts
Babu R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 04:27   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshb18 View Post
Would you mind sharing the European website where you purchased the rear central tunnel mats. Thanks in advance!
Its actually for the Kodiaq but fits the Tiguan with some TLC. Could not find any other alternative to cover the center carpet. Here is the link : https://www.ubuy.co.in/https://www.u...1670/s/product
Pls note :As a heads up DHL on delivery charged me duty of approx 50% of the value to clear customs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babu R View Post
have a question: Has any of the new owners of the Tiguan experienced any issues with the fuel? I gather from other threads that normal fuel can be used and not necessarily 95 octane.
I was told to use normal fuel. I have used one tank of normal and one of XP95. The car is definitely much smoother with the higher octane fuel but is not a necessity I guess.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd May 2022 at 10:16. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks