Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2022, 00:25   #361
BHPian

Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHawk View Post
Got a welcome suprise call from my SA that car has been dispatched from the factory. I requested him to share the VIN which he did promptly.

On a quick check of the VIN everything seems ok but intrigued that it comes up as VW Slovenia ����. So can I assume the CKD came from there to India ?
That sounds great. That’s a fair assumption to make.
When did you make the booking?

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 15th May 2022 at 00:28.
Old 15th May 2022, 02:41   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
When did you make the booking?
Had booked it in early January. I understand very limited noís are being allocated to dealers. I went through 5 VW dealers in NCR /GGN. Not 1 of them was even interested or treated me as if I had come to buy a car worth 40 big ones including the one I bought the Jetta from here in GGN. Finally found a good honest SA in a far flung area of NCR couple of hours from my place and he somehow sourced it within 3-4 months as committed.

I really wish VW treated their customers and fan boys better !
MadHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 16:14   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHawk View Post
Had booked it in early January. I understand very limited noís are being allocated to dealers. I went through 5 VW dealers in NCR /GGN. Not 1 of them was even interested or treated me as if I had come to buy a car worth 40 big ones including the one I bought the Jetta from here in GGN. Finally found a good honest SA in a far flung area of NCR couple of hours from my place and he somehow sourced it within 3-4 months as committed.

I really wish VW treated their customers and fan boys better !
Thatís not a good story to buy a premium car. I have a good relation with my dealer and he has told me that they are not taking any more orders for the Tiguan as they are awash with customer queries. And unfortunately they donít have enough supply coming through. So itís the same familiar story with all manufacturers and dealers.
Old 15th May 2022, 22:45   #364
BHPian

I too enquired in VW Whitefield showroom in Bangalore, they clearly told me that there is a waiting time of at least 5 months if not more. Looks like they delivered only 4 cars so far. No test drive or display vehicle available. Not sure what's the VW's game plan here. They were so gung ho about their SUVW strategy in the media and poor handling on the ground.

Seriously there is a shortage of cars in this segment and nobody seems to interested in it. Hyundai is not bringing their new Tucson, god knows if Citreon is going to be there for next 5 years or not.
Old 15th May 2022, 23:25   #365
BHPian

If the need is not urgent, then in the given circumstances it’s just best to book and forget or not book at all and look at options when the market balance returns in sometime.
Old 16th May 2022, 09:10   #366
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
I too enquired in VW Whitefield showroom in Bangalore, they clearly told me that there is a waiting time of at least 5 months if not more. Looks like they delivered only 4 cars so far.
Quite surprising! Is this still because of the chip shortage, other supply-chain disruptions, or some kind of weird strategy to make it appear as if the vehicle is in demand? I would have thought that these supply-chain problems would be resolved at some speed, but looks like we are all going to have to wait months, even if we book. Of course, in the case of the new Tucson, can't even book until it is launched and there is some clarity about the version they are bringing to India (specifically, in my case, whether they bring the petrol or hybrid in combination with HTRAC AWD).

Most Viewed