Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2022, 00:45   #406
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Got an update from my SA today that they have been promised by VW that they can expect significant shipments of vehicles in the months of August through October. Probably a knock on effect from large number of Tucson booking.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 12:39   #407
BHPian

Unfortunately folks I have decided to drop out of the Tiguan race for deliveries (thought I only waited for 2 months). Had been eyeing and spying for the Tiguan since over a year, spent almost 6 months after launch justifying the price and really found it to be the all in one perfect car. But fate had different plans for me and went to a completely different left field direction. Wish all the Tiguan current and future owners an awesome journey with the Tiguan. Will be still keenly following this thread and checking out Tiguans (especially in the awesome nightshade blue colour) on the road
superutp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 21:50   #408
BHPian

Was wondering if any of the members can share their reviews of their car after spending some time with it?
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 22:00   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Could you share if there's anything specifically you are considering : )

And I presume mods as in non-performance orientated?, If I remember correctly they had said the specific 2.0 petrol engine 'version' in the current gen Tiguan & Octavia differs from previously where there is not much remap potential at all.
I guess now 2 TSI are getting remapped. Atleast I saw couple of posts in my insta timeline from tuners.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 22:14   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
I guess now 2 TSI are getting remapped. Atleast I saw couple of posts in my insta timeline from tuners.
Would it be possible to share some of these instagram posts with us.
I'm very interested in seeing the extent to which they can tune these newer 2.0 TSIs which were intially thought to be difficult/limited to tune.
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 23:26   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would it be possible to share some of these instagram posts with us.
I'm very interested in seeing the extent to which they can tune these newer 2.0 TSIs which were intially thought to be difficult/limited to tune.

Here you go. Stage 2 Tiguan Allspace and Superb 2 TSI. Both around 250 bhp and 400NM torque.

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-998a07f2ac594205ae26b29e6d95c5d9.png

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-523eb143fc8b4e5f88ac976c2b9bbb32.png

Last edited by sunikkat : 3rd August 2022 at 23:27.
sunikkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 23:42   #412
BHPian

I had raised a TD request on VW website . The customer care followed up a lot with VW apple auto whitefield . Then somebody from whitefield VW showroom called and said “Sir we don’t receive this car from VW nor will be ever available “ . So looks like this car is only on papers and on website and not actually available .

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 3rd August 2022 at 23:47.
ChetanM6 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 13:08   #413

Hi all,

My 2019 Tiguan Highline reads 40K on Odo. It seems it is nearing change of tyres. Please let me know if anyone has some good options/advise. Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 00:57   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
This guy looks to be like one of the worst appointments atleast from a customer perspective. His presentations are bland, interviews are boring to the bone filled with pre rehearsed lines. Absolutely no interest to interact .
Absolutely concur with your view and its inexcusable in my opinion as the so called Brand Director of VW India. All he has done is hire expensive event management companies to make stages and events at glitzy 5 star hotels & pamper the usual so called A grade car journalists. Does any one remember the guy they paid crores to be the brand ambassador during the Taigun launch ? Some obscene actor from a crime OTT series with no following Pan India .Even the new renovated 2.0 VW showrooms leaves a lot to be desired. Almost threw up when I saw all the VW GGN sales folks wearing dirty yellow hoodies with VW branding as their uniform. Does the brand director not know what VW brand colours are? This one trick poney is only showing his gora bosses the % increase in sales after the launch of Taigun and Virtus compared to earlier sales figures and the German HQ seems to be lapping it up. However his absolute unwillingness to reach out to customers or even fix the faulty VW escalation matrix in India is going to cost the company in the long term in India while he gets a foreign posting as a reward from HQ for launching India 2.0 strategy. Life isn't fair in the corporate world 😄 is it ?
Old 7th August 2022, 01:24   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Could you share if there's anything specifically you are considering : )

And I presume mods as in non-performance orientated?, If I remember correctly they had said the specific 2.0 petrol engine 'version' in the current gen Tiguan & Octavia differs from previously where there is not much remap potential at all.
Well 1st on the agenda is to get her on Michelin rubber which I have been unable to source till now. I always go straight from the showroom for all my vehicles to get the rubber changed to Michelin. It just changes the ride/handling and grip IMHO to another level.

2nd is get those goodies coded like Audi style startup light show for the rear lights, maybe some new R line skin on the virtual gauge cluster, activate a few more hidden features like dynamic indicators etc

Finally maybe post warranty expiry a Stage 1 remap to take it to the R-line Spec (162 KW or 217 BHP) as what I understand that does not require a DSG remap as torque stays at 350nm. Here is a video of the Oz R-Line Spec which is quite similar to the elegance trim features we get in India expect that sexy black roof-liner and few other differences like alloys, front bumper etc. They should have got this in the 1st place if they were only going to offer 1 take it or leave it trim in India, as its already sold in Oz as a right hand drive anyway.

MadHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 16:39   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hukke View Post
Hi all,

My 2019 Tiguan Highline reads 40K on Odo. It seems it is nearing change of tyres. Please let me know if anyone has some good options/advise. Thanks
I'm extremely satisfied with Michelin Primacy 4 tires, the ride quality has improved significantly and very low tire noise + 70% of the grip that Pilot Sport 4 offers. If you want more sporty you can get Pilot Sport SUV ones as-well.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 21:12   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHawk View Post
They should have got this in the 1st place if they were only going to offer 1 take it or leave it trim in India, as its already sold in Oz as a right hand drive anyway.

https://m.Youtube.com/watch?v=vEOMZT4LIo8
Absolutely right. As a flagship car and one that wouldn’t go through a lot of product refreshes should have got it with atleast the latest MIB system so we could get the full use of the digital cockpit pro. Not a deal breaker for sure but would definitely have been a feel good factor. On a positive note very glad that they did not carry over the capacitive buttons on the steering.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 15:18   #418
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Was wondering if any of the members can share their reviews of their car after spending some time with it?
Can I raise this question again, which EaurougeatSpa asked earlier? Some of the members here who bought the new 2022 Skoda Kodiaq have complained about rattles and cheap plastics in their new car (see the last few entries in their thread), which is disappointing for a car at this price point. Any such complaints from new Tiguan owners? And what has been the general ownership experience so far, though it is still new? (Comments from old Tiguan owners are also welcome, obviously!)
Old 10th August 2022, 09:23   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Can I raise this question again, which EaurougeatSpa asked earlier? Some of the members here who bought the new 2022 Skoda Kodiaq have complained about rattles and cheap plastics in their new car (see the last few entries in their thread), which is disappointing for a car at this price point. Any such complaints from new Tiguan owners? And what has been the general ownership experience so far, though it is still new? (Comments from old Tiguan owners are also welcome, obviously!)
I have had the car for about 5 months now and driven on most types of terrain except for anything resembling hardcore off-roading. Also have driven in the heat and monsoon waterlogged roads. My observation is that there are no niggles so far. No irritating sounds in the cabin either. The quality of plastics on the dash are soft touch , but as you go lower down they are made of harder stuff though the quality is top notch. The touch and feel of the buttons is really good, feels from a segment above. Even the buttons for the panoramic sunroof and the curtain have a good feel ( the sunroof curtain does take a while to open/ close though).
The suspension is a bit stiff but with about 33 psi all round, it’s absolutely fine for me. The engine is great to drive and the gearbox seems to second guess me most of the time.
Will update further after more kms on the odo.

Last edited by troika : 10th August 2022 at 09:25. Reason: Spelling
troika is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 12:47   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
I have had the car for about 5 months now and driven on most types of terrain except for anything resembling hardcore off-roading. Also have driven in the heat and monsoon waterlogged roads. My observation is that there are no niggles so far. No irritating sounds in the cabin either. The quality of plastics on the dash are soft touch , but as you go lower down they are made of harder stuff though the quality is top notch. The touch and feel of the buttons is really good, feels from a segment above. Even the buttons for the panoramic sunroof and the curtain have a good feel ( the sunroof curtain does take a while to open/ close though).
The suspension is a bit stiff but with about 33 psi all round, it’s absolutely fine for me. The engine is great to drive and the gearbox seems to second guess me most of the time.
Will update further after more kms on the odo.
Two specific questions -
1. How are the seats after your use for a few months?
2. Do the updated lights make a big impact? Based on all the reviews and my TD I try ought this was a big draw.

Most Viewed