Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2022, 01:42   #436
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by milam View Post
Hey - For existing Tiguan users who have gone for the 6 month service do share your experience, my "swagat" service had left a bad taste after the associate opened the door in the cleaning shed and bumped the wall. If you have any preferences for authorised service centres in Bengaluru do share, I would like to continue a good authorised service centre for the life of the car.

A few other things:
1) Have you been facing issue with connecting with VW myconnect app and what is the solve, I would like to get it sorted in this service
What exactly is this “swagat” 6 month Service ? When I asked them they had informed me to come after a year or 15K KM for 1st service.

On the VW my connect app, it stopped working after 2 months and though I can log into the app, it doesn't connect to the car anymore. I thought maybe its the Jio Sim that is embedded in the car that might be the issue. My dealer has no idea 🤷🏼*♂️ and I just left it at that as most of the VW staff have little or no idea on the features etc on this car.

The rubber boot-mat , rear chrome loading lip guard, all weather floor mats , aluminium DSG pedals and magnetic sun blindes, I had insisted and chased the dealer accessories guy through out the booking period to get it sourced from VW before taking delivery as nothing original or of good quality is available currently in the aftermarket. Even the central tunnel mat I had to import from the UK. Though expensive the original accessories are worth it.

Also since you have done a couple of highway runs with family, whats your take on VW providing only a space saver tyre. My Jetta had a full size spare. I am quite confident that we could fit a full size spare with a little adjustment to the tool box storage space in the boot.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-9d062cb4ee324e27b5b15e5617cb2114.jpeg  

Old 22nd August 2022, 12:33   #437
BHPian

Team BHP article - an interesting bit of news. Does this mean there would be a significant bump up in prices of the Tiguan post feb? Dealers would already have enough stock pile up by then to move before the new ones come in.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/scoop-...n-end-feb-2023

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd August 2022 at 14:30. Reason: Tiggy --> Tiguan
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 13:26   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Does the Tiguan show maps/navigation on the instrument cluster? If not, can this be enabled somehow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
No. Unfortunately the MIB system is not the latest. Hence this cannot be enabled with coding either. It’s a hardware limitation.
Are you sure you can't have the map on the instrument cluster? This is available on Tiguan Allspace, which is actually an older car. Here is a link to Kalyan's ownership post in which he has provided the details : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4941811 (My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep)
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:57   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Are you sure you can't have the map on the instrument cluster? This is available on Tiguan Allspace, which is actually an older car. Here is a link to Kalyan's ownership post in which he has provided the details : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4941811 (My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep)
Yup. In fact there a few other missing as well-
Park assist
Lane keep assist
On board navigation etc.
This is the biggest pain point I have with VW, when you get a car in through CKD and claim it to be the flagship product, how can you delete features which were there in the outgoing model!
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 17:46   #440
BHPian

3500 KM review- Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TSI
Mixed drive – largely highways, city drives and a little bit of Off-road

The Drive:
• Solid Highway mile muncher- drove almost non-stop from Hyderabad to Nasik. It’s a gem of a machine. Doesn’t break a sweat on continuous high speed drive. Engine keeps pulling hard. Very stable & planted at 100+ speeds.
• Quick acceleration always available across the rev band. DSG is a gem. Drove in S mode and also with paddle shifters. The response on Normal mode is a little sluggish on kick down, especially when doing sudden overtaking on a 2 lane highway. That’s when the paddle shifters or Sport mode is a boon. For normal highway cruising, Normal mode is quite sufficient.
• Open road performance is enjoyable. The TSI is eager to revv. DSG offers seamless upshifts and quick downshifts too. Mid range is the real highlight (turbo petrol). Engine puts out a lovable sporty sound post 5000 rpm. Turbo kick in actually pushes you back in the seat. (I paid all my money only for this )
• The steering is very light at low speeds, making driving in traffic effortless. At higher speeds though, it was a touch lighter than I would have preferred (definitely lighter than my Vento). The steering is pinpoint accurate.Typical VAG behaviour
• Handling as expected from a VW. Absolutely flat and composed. Slight body roll on corners (compared to my Vento). Low speed ride is little stiff.

Comfort & Convenience:
• Solid build quality. Absolutely no rattles whatsoever (may be too early to comment though)
• Sound insulation – just fantastic. No NVH even at 100+ speeds
• Seats- super comfortable. Key assigned Memory function is a boon. Loved the driver’s seat- do not feel tired even after 10+ hrs of continuous drive.
• Space overall is great. Rear leg room is ample. Rear seat flexibility adds up. Lot of storage options
• Top notch ride quality on tarmac. Slight stiffness at low speeds. But overall super comfortable on long drives
• Butter smooth engine. Dead silent at idle. Top notch refinement.
• Headlights- super effective at night. Actually work as VW promised.
• Sound quality could have been better.
• 8” screen works fabulous. No lag whatsoever. Wired connection works 100% of the times. I didn’t miss the wireless apple carplay/ phone charger.
• Would prefer physical knobs for AC control. AC works fabulously well. Cools quickly. I don’t have any sunfilms etc and I don’t think it’s needed.

Overall a great all-rounder by VW. Hope to munch thousands of miles with this. Hope my Vento does not feel bad .

Few pics attached taken on the long drive!
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-a_li.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Aditya : 26th August 2022 at 21:41. Reason: Typo
yogeshb18 is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 19:38   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Yup. In fact there a few other missing as well-
Park assist
Lane keep assist
On board navigation etc.
This is the biggest pain point I have with VW, when you get a car in through CKD and claim it to be the flagship product, how can you delete features which were there in the outgoing model!
Please remember the Tiguan Allspace and T-Roc were both CBUs being sold in India, hence they got those features. Tiguan being a CKD, they have deleted them just like how the later lot of T-Rocs also didn't get these features even after being CBUs.

If interested you can get these features installed via VCDS and part change by reputed aftermarket stores who specialize in this.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 09:14   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshb18 View Post
3500 KM review- Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TSI
Mixed drive – largely highways, city drives and a little bit of Off-road

What mileage did you recieve over the trip? 3500kms trip is a good long trip to get a fair idea of the average.

Last edited by Sheel : 28th August 2022 at 09:42. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 11:13   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
What mileage did you recieve over the trip? 3500kms trip is a good long trip to get a fair idea of the average.
I got around 10.5 kmpl on highway drives (used XP95 most of the times). Single trip was approx 1700 Km. Mileage in the city drives is around 7 kmpl.
yogeshb18 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 11:30   #444

Hi,

Any new owners still struggling to get accessories from the dealer/VW? It is almost a month since the vehicle reached but the accessories (including mud flaps and floor mats) have not been delivered. The dealer has no clue. Strange that they collected 32k towards accessories but do not have an update. They refused to exclude the amount from the car price stating that all cars are delivered with these accessories.

Thanks.

Last edited by Babu R : 30th August 2022 at 11:37. Reason: included basic accessories
Babu R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 22:43   #445
BHPian

Quote:
• Sound insulation – just fantastic. No NVH even at 100+ speed.
• Sound quality could have been better.
Great points.

Have similar experience with Kodiaq L&K.

What tyres you have on Tiguan?
Mine feels bit noisy @ 80KMPH+ @ 35 PSI.

Yes, the suspension is definitely on stiffer side, hence prefer to ride in suspension set to comfort, unless need spot on accuracy.

No qualms on sound quality though - best ever heard in a vehicle - need some setting tweaks.
Old 31st August 2022, 11:05   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Great points.

Have similar experience with Kodiaq L&K.

No qualms on sound quality though - best ever heard in a vehicle - need some setting tweaks.
Those canton systems are great. Even the Fender ones are pretty good which you get with the VW’s in other markets on the R line.
The stock ones on the Tiguan in India are ok.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 07:46   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babu R View Post
Hi,

Any new owners still struggling to get accessories from the dealer/VW? It is almost a month since the vehicle reached but the accessories (including mud flaps and floor mats) have not been delivered. The dealer has no clue. Strange that they collected 32k towards accessories but do not have an update. They refused to exclude the amount from the car price stating that all cars are delivered with these accessories.

Thanks.
Which dealer was this? My dealer mentioned that i could get the mats faster if i took the package but i figured that i didnt need a lot of items in the package.Therefore i placed a order through a friend for mats alone from a showroom in vizag which is giving the mats faster.
Old 1st September 2022, 15:09   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan23 View Post
Which dealer was this? My dealer mentioned that i could get the mats faster if i took the package but i figured that i didnt need a lot of items in the package.Therefore i placed a order through a friend for mats alone from a showroom in vizag which is giving the mats faster.
Sundaram Chennai. Looks like you will have to pay for the accessories as it is not optional.
Old 2nd September 2022, 14:19   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Tiguan has Hankooks. Specifically Hankook Ventus S1 evo2. I didn't feel tyre noise even at 100+ speeds. I keep the pressure at 35 psi mostly.

Agree. Kodiaq L&K sound quality is notches above- I guess 12 speaker Canton system!
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:16   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Tiguan has Hankooks. Specifically Hankook Ventus S1 evo2. I didn't feel tyre noise even at 100+ speeds. I keep the pressure at 35 psi mostly.

Agree. Kodiaq L&K sound quality is notches above- I guess 12 speaker Canton system!
Is there a possibility to up the sound system without any warranty issues or is it something we should refrain from? May be a stupid question but I’ve always just retained stock audio systems so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks