Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 22:05   #526
BANNED

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Hello again,
Wanted to know that does the navigation in Tiguan show up on the digital cluster or only on the HU? What about the navigation using Google / Apple maps via CarPlay?
No, navigation doesn't show up in cluster in any case.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 07:09   #527
Senior - BHPian

Tiguan 2.0 TSI owners - what's the highway FE being clocked by your cars?

VW India has hiked the price of the Tiguan yet again! Launched at ₹ 31,99,000 in Dec 2021, and already having undergone a hike earlier this year, the Tiguan now retails at an ex-showroom price of ₹ 33,49,900 - that is an increase of ₹ 1,50,900 in less than a year! With this hike, the Tiguan will set you back by a whopping ₹ 45+ lac here in Bangalore. A good but overpriced car just got all the more overpriced. I feel VW India is pushing the envelope here. The Tiguan is now dangerously close to the Kodiaq - which is practically a segment above - in terms of pricing.

What is it with cars and overpricing these days?! Sad times for enthusiasts :(

Last edited by Aditya : 24th November 2022 at 22:42. Reason: Back tp back posts merged
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 23:12   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Tiguan 2.0 TSI owners - what's the highway FE being clocked by your cars?

VW India has hiked the price of the Tiguan yet again! Launched at ₹ 31,99,000 in Dec 2021, and already having undergone a hike earlier this year, the Tiguan now retails at an ex-showroom price of ₹ 33,49,900 - that is an increase of ₹ 1,50,900 in less than a year! With this hike, the Tiguan will set you back by a whopping ₹ 45+ lac here in Bangalore. A good but overpriced car just got all the more overpriced. I feel VW India is pushing the envelope here. The Tiguan is now dangerously close to the Kodiaq - which is practically a segment above - in terms of pricing.

What is it with cars and overpricing these days?! Sad times for enthusiasts :(
I’m not sure you have got the price points on the cars correct.
The ex showroom price you have quoted was effective in the month of October this year. The current OTR in blr is 42.2 with that ex showroom price. Not sure how it is 45+. Also the Kodiaq base variant is OTR 47 and top trim L&K is 50.2 so not sure if you can classify a 8 lakh difference as dangerously close.
But to the overall point of current prices of cars , agree with you that it’s on a steep incline with no sign of price increases easing.
My current FE on highways is around 14.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 10:49   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
My current FE on highways is around 14
Thanks! Quite impressive for a 2.0 lit turbo petrol engine.

Quote:
The ex showroom price you have quoted was effective in the month of October this year.
Please see the screenshot below for ex-showroom price, captured from https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/models/new-tiguan.html:. Are you saying they actually reduced the ex-showroom price in November? Highly unlikely for any manufacturer to do so, in current market scenario.
Name:  VW.jpg
Views: 1295
Size:  50.4 KB

On-road price comes to approximately ₹ 43,00,000. I stand corrected on my earlier post. Here is the math:

* Ex-showroom - ₹ 33,49,900
* TCS - ₹ 33,499
* Insurance - ₹ 1,60,218 (maybe some scope of negotiation here)
* Life-time tax - ₹ 6,70,310
* HP & Fastag - ₹ 2,100
* Extended warranty (4+2 years) - ₹ 79,059

I was unknowingly including the two additional items amounting to ₹ 2,00,000 approximately - standard accessories and SVP. My bad.

Quote:
Also the Kodiaq base variant is OTR 47
Precisely my point - In that segment/price range, ₹ 4,00,000 is dangerously close, especially given the fact that we are comparing a 5-seater and 7-seater here, not to mention the much more plush interiors of the Kodiaq amongst its other advantages over the Tiguan

Please don't get me wrong - the Tiguan is a lovely SUV and I'd really love to own one some day. That is the reason I am saddened by its unrealistic price.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 11:10   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Quite impressive for a 2.0 lit turbo petrol engine.

Please see the screenshot below for ex-showroom price, captured from https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/models/new-tiguan.html:. Are you saying they actually reduced the ex-showroom price in November? Highly unlikely for any manufacturer to do so, in current market scenario.
Attachment 2383769

Precisely my point - In that segment/price range, ₹ 4,00,000 is dangerously close, especially given the fact that we are comparing a 5-seater and 7-seater here, not to mention the much more plush interiors of the Kodiaq amongst its other advantages over the Tiguan

Please don't get me wrong - the Tiguan is a lovely SUV and I'd really love to own one some day. That is the reason I am saddened by its unrealistic price.
I think I did not put it across correctly, what I meant was the ex show room price of 33.49 was already hiked in October as reported on this thread, my bad.

Both SUV’s are excellent and deliver great value to the buyers. I hope you get yours soon!
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 13:17   #531
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore folks who are in the process of booking/awaiting delivery of the Tiguan - what is the current waiting period being quoted?
Old 4th December 2022, 23:20   #532
BHPian

A quick update.

Just back from the first service at 14200km.
routine service - cost 8800 rupees. Got the wheel alignment checked outside.

Overall the engine seems very smooth after the service. The engine smoothness is quite marked, so am wondering if it makes sense to do an oil change every 10k km rather than the specified 15k km. The car feels solid and like new after 10 months. No squeaks or rattles.

I am a bit sceptical about the battery life. No issues / complaints with the car so far.

Just received my carlink kit 4.0.
Initial impressions: Works seamlessly once connected. Takes sometime to boot up after the car is started. Will update after some more realtime use.

Got a magnetic AC vent phone holder from amazon. So there are no cables hanging around for connections.

The overall FE seems to be hovering around 10kmpl, which seems fair considering a majority of city driving.

Next on the agenda:
1. Code out the 80/120 speed chimes
2. OE window blinds (not available at service centre now)
3. PPF or vinyl or similar for the rear bumper near loading lip. That part is already got a few scratches from suitcases being pulled out from the boot.
4. Spare wheel mounted subwoofer - Any suggestions or options? Has anybody done an audio upgrade on your cars?

Happy with the car after 10 months of use. The car seemed pricey when launched. Looking at the prices of the competition, the Tiguan actually feels VFM for what it offers.

Happy motoring

Last edited by differential : 4th December 2022 at 23:26. Reason: spelling
differential is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 15:56   #533
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen India has launched the Tiguan 'Exclusive Edition' at Rs 33.50 lakh.

- 18-inch Sebring Sterling Silver wheels

- Aluminum pedals

- Rear load sill protection

- Exclusive edition badging

- Two colours : Oryx white, Pure white

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-fb_img_1670236329819.jpg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-20221205_155508.jpg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-20221205_155512.jpg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-20221205_155513.jpg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-smartselect_20221205155604_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th December 2022 at 16:20.
Venkatesh is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 19:55   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Volkswagen India has launched the Tiguan 'Exclusive Edition' at Rs 33.50 lakh.
The ongoing Tiguan Elegance variant is sold at the same price. I think this is just a way of clearing existing stock at dealer end. Potential buyers should wait for year end discount
Old 6th December 2022, 13:08   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
A quick update.

4. Spare wheel mounted subwoofer - Any suggestions or options? Has anybody done an audio upgrade on your cars?
You can try JBL Bass pro Hub, one of the popular option.
It has an inbuilt Amp of 200W and accepts speaker level inputs, hence you need not do Cutting / splicing the existing wiring and will be a plug and play.

https://www.harmanaudio.in/JBL+BASSPRO+HUB.html

I would recommend getting it installed by a good installer who can procure and install using OEM connectors.

(This is no way a sponsor for the below installer)

I can recommend Speedfreaks Car Audio Installation. Their works speaks for itself. However, you can look for options locally in Coimbatore to get the installation.

Ensure to not cut the wires as VW group can deny warranty if any issues arises on electrical components.
vagster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 01:20   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Ownership update –

Have ordered a Carlink adapter for wireless carplay, will post a review once I get it and use it for a bit.
Have been using the car link kit for a few weeks now. Easy to connect, takes a little while to connect in startup. There was already a OTA system update available which seems to have made it a tiny but faster. Also switching off the GPS in the device settings helps with maps.
Usage is pretty seemless once installed. Haven’t had it disconnected so far after first setup. Apple Music/ Spotify works well too.
Overall decent performance and seems value for money. However I would say that the normal wired CarPlay works just as well too. A novelty and not a must have.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-b84acddabf1d464dbdd37761e018d167.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-faaf26af3a174ff0afc832de8f7c2c92.jpeg  

EaurougeatSpa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 07:54   #537

Quote:
Bangalore folks who are in the process of booking/awaiting delivery of the Tiguan - what is the current waiting period being quoted?
The car is alloted finally, working on the formalities now. Might take a week or so for delivery. The wait period was little over 3 months in my case.
cawil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 21:21   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawil View Post
The car is alloted finally, working on the formalities now. Might take a week or so for delivery. The wait period was little over 3 months in my case.
Congratulations! Which dealer and what color, if you don't mind sharing?

Last edited by cool_dube : 8th December 2022 at 21:48.
Old 8th December 2022, 22:07   #539

Thanks!!! Nightshade Blue & Elite Motors
cawil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 13:09   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawil View Post
Thanks!!! Nightshade Blue & Elite Motors
Congratulations on the colour and the car.I bought the same colour.Surely worth the wait.
charan23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks