Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2022, 13:51   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bombay
Posts: 98
Thanked: 628 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
I do not believe that to be accurate - would love it to be though. If there was a sub - where is it placed exactly? It is definitely not in the trunk. Searching online I see that HK offers a 8 speaker 400+W sound system - my ears would never have believed that during the test drive. The audio system is good but definitely does not match up to the 12 speaker 625W Canton in the Kodiaq.

I think VW dealers love to say all their cars have a Harmon Kardon system. When I went to see the T-Roc the SA was 100% certain that it too had a Harmon Kardon system. I remember looking at the VW UK site and the only branded system the T-Roc comes with is Beats Audio.
Hey Solaris - You have mentioned about Tiguan's music system as a dealbreaker for you in the Kodiaq thread. In my first post of Tiguan, I had said that it was a downer for me, however once I set the equaliser right, it sounded as good as canton from the front seat. Kodiaq does sound better than Tiguan from the back seat. I'm a music fanatic and do want a good music system in my next car, and this one just did fine for me.
Though I agree about the Harman Kardon system comment
Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 13:57   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
TusharK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 4,188
Thanked: 37,198 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

2022 Volkswagen Tiguan deliveries commence

Volkswagen has started customer deliveries of the 2022 Tiguan in India. The units allotted for the first quarter of 2022 have been sold out.

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-exciting-new-tiguan.jpg

The updated Tiguan was launched in December last year. It is available in a single top-spec Elegance trim priced at Rs. 31.99 lakh (ex-showroom).

The Tiguan is based on the MQB platform, which is shared with the Skoda Kodiaq. The SUV comes with a revised front fascia and rides on newly designed 18-inch alloy wheels.

On the inside, the Tiguan comes equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit, 3-zone automatic climate control which can be controlled using the touchscreen, a digital instrument cluster, 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat, a panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting and connected car features.

The Tiguan is available with a new 2.0-litre, turbo-petrol engine that puts out 187 BHP @ 4,200-6,000 rpm and 320 Nm @ 1,500-4,100 rpm. The engine is paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and an all-wheel-drive system.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 24th January 2022 at 18:02.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 21:20   #93
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 122
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
So I checked both the Tiguan and Kodiaq last weekend.

Tiguan was in black shade. I asked for test drive which they readily agreed as there was absolutely no queue for the same. Few inputs from my side:
- The car was in basement and the matrix lights look amazing.
- The rear lights also look really nice and they have some sort of animation
- The car somehow did not give me SUV feeling and felt low
- Interior though premium, did not feel wow (maybe due to black interiors)
- Somehow the car missed 40L+ feel even from outside. It def looked premium but did not justify 40L price tag in Bangalore
- I was expecting better initial pickup/response when you press accelerator slightly but then it does do well
- I did take car over not so perfect roads and it was fine. Not as plush as some of Korean twins but not as bad as well.
- The panoramic sunroof let in lot of light and make cabin feel better

On the other hand, The Kodiaq L&K version was in Graphite Grey and it is one handsome car. From first sight, you do get that premium feel.I did not get a chance to test drive that day. The interiors looked much plush and just more airy even from rear seat. I loved the recline angle as well. The knobs, dashboard, layout all gave much more premium feel at least to me over the Tiguan. The last row is a strict no and the SA mentioned multiple times that it is only for small kids and please do not even try going there. He also reiterated few times that Skoda does not advertise it as 7 seater due to this. This car should be more looked upon as 5 seater with extra boot space. The last row is strictly for emergency and only small kids and that too a short distance. I feel this is due to the extra luggage space they have tried to give even with last row up. The waiting period is about 4 months and when asked about price hike, he said no official news at this point. I somehow would go for L&K if had the budget but there is a huge premium you are paying over Tiguan.

Overall, I did not get that wow feeling in Tiguan (for 40L+ car) and have taken it off my list for now and waiting for next generation Tucson.
Hi,
My SA at Skoda in Bangalore confirmed the same wait period is 4 months. But he did say that they have increased the price by 4% and the old price wonít be applicable. But he doesn't have the new price list from Skoda yet so he dosent know the exact amount OTR.
Just a note that he wasnít forthcoming with the price hike he gave the old price list first and when asked again he confirmed about the price hike.
EaurougeatSpa is offline  
Old 24th January 2022, 21:24   #94
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 122
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Hey Solaris - You have mentioned about Tiguan's music system as a dealbreaker for you in the Kodiaq thread. In my first post of Tiguan, I had said that it was a downer for me, however once I set the equaliser right, it sounded as good as canton from the front seat. Kodiaq does sound better than Tiguan from the back seat. I'm a music fanatic and do want a good music system in my next car, and this one just did fine for me.
Though I agree about the Harman Kardon system comment
Hi Jangra,
At the end of the day I feel that a car is a very personal choice, some things may be a deal breaker for some and not for others.
If it brings a smile when you drive it then thatís the one for you
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 22:49   #95
BHPian
 
urban legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: MUMBAI MH05
Posts: 200
Thanked: 173 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

I have gone ahead and booked a Tiguan in reflex silver. After multiple (3) test drives of the Tiguan including one back to back with the kodiaq, in all types of driving scenarios except high speed runs beyond 100 kph, I chose the tiguan.
For me the driving experience and daily usability is more important than comfort and luxury. And itís not uncomfortable at all. The Tiguan at its price point offers solid fundamentals of a good car and well built classy interiors although some find it boring. The Features list is a subjective matter but it gives all thatís required and some more. Itís much better to drive on road than all other suvs at this price list and a decent off roader too. But to each his/ her own
urban legend is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 23:09   #96
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 122
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
I have gone ahead and booked a Tiguan in reflex silver. After multiple (3) test drives of the Tiguan including one back to back with the kodiaq, in all types of driving scenarios except high speed runs beyond 100 kph, I chose the tiguan.
For me the driving experience and daily usability is more important than comfort and luxury. And itís not uncomfortable at all. The Tiguan at its price point offers solid fundamentals of a good car and well built classy interiors although some find it boring. The Features list is a subjective matter but it gives all thatís required and some more. Itís much better to drive on road than all other suvs at this price list and a decent off roader too. But to each his/ her own
Congratulations Urban Legend.
I felt pretty much the same. The Kodaiq on paper delivers more (maybe in reality too) but every time I drive the Tiguan (3 times) so far, it just reinforces the fact that it is just the perfect size for everyday commute and weekend getaways to the hills.
It has everything one needs but a few misses which arenít a deal breaker for me and is for others.
I am waiting to have a look at the Oryx white, I hear it looks good in person.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 11:10   #97
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: HR26 / CH
Posts: 71
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Finally this thread seems to be coming alive! Regarding the big announcement from VW yesterday that deliveries have started, I haven’t seen anything on social media where dealers have posted regarding this. Additionally the local dealer has told me that the deliveries might start in February sometime. VW has really made this far from transparent. Now sitting pretty and waiting for my car to get delivered ‘sometimes’ in February.
troika is offline  
Old 25th January 2022, 11:46   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 122
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
Finally this thread seems to be coming alive! Regarding the big announcement from VW yesterday that deliveries have started, I havenít seen anything on social media where dealers have posted regarding this. Additionally the local dealer has told me that the deliveries might start in February sometime. VW has really made this far from transparent. Now sitting pretty and waiting for my car to get delivered Ďsometimesí in February.
My dealer (senior management) in Bangalore confirms that they have very limited stock allocated to each dealer in January due to Covid issues (transportation issues)
But they expect to get things rolling in Feb with more allocations.
Hopefully you get yours quickly! Which color have you opted for?
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 12:53   #99
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: HR26 / CH
Posts: 71
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
My dealer (senior management) in Bangalore confirms that they have very limited stock allocated to each dealer in January due to Covid issues (transportation issues)
But they expect to get things rolling in Feb with more allocations.
Hopefully you get yours quickly! Which color have you opted for?
Yes, hope to get it soon. Have opted for the dolphin grey.Unlike most people, I was quite ok with the Tiguan missing out on ventilated seats and other wireless tech etc. For me what sealed the deal was the gem of an engine and the road manners ( very car like) and the understated interior and exterior. And the black good quality interior. Itís looks way better in person than in videos. The space works great for me as I have a small family.
troika is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 14:08   #100
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 122
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Nice! Were you able to see any other colors? It is mainly the size the works for me as well.
Also wanted to check if you opted for extended warranty/service packs and if so which ones? Thanks.
EaurougeatSpa is offline  
Old 25th January 2022, 14:27   #101
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: HR26 / CH
Posts: 71
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Nice! Were you able to see any other colors? It is mainly the size the works for me as well.
Also wanted to check if you opted for extended warranty/service packs and if so which ones? Thanks.
Just saw the white. No other colour was available to physically see at the time I booked. I will not be taking any service packages. But I will go for the maximum extended warranty.
troika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 19:23   #102
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bombay
Posts: 98
Thanked: 628 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Extended Warranty is a no brainer and Rs79k justifies it. Re: the service pack, there is 4 yr for Rs75k and 4+1 HiFi for Rs150k which in addition to 5th yr service will include Front Brake Disc and lining, a battery and 2 sets of wipers with the condition that it should "need to be replaced". I'll go ahead with 4 yr SVP and take my chances of those extras.
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 19:58   #103
BHPian
 
Maky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bombay
Posts: 932
Thanked: 579 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Is there any chance VW may add features like Front seat Ventilation, Wireless charging with similar Wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto to this vehicle in the short-term? seems to be a universal criticism the lack of these features in a car of this price point.
Maky is offline  
Old 25th January 2022, 20:12   #104
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: HYDERABAD
Posts: 51
Thanked: 324 Times
Default Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Is there any chance VW may add features like Front seat Ventilation, Wireless charging with similar Wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto to this vehicle in the short-term? seems to be a universal criticism the lack of these features in a car of this price point.
I have test driven the sister Kodiaq L&K which had all those mentioned features - while they are nice to have, they are definitely not dealbreakers in any sense and here is why:
*Ventilated Seats: While they provided some sort of cooling on the highest settings the cooling "effect" will mostly be provided by the front facing vents that hit your face. These standard AC vents also end up cooling the seats in the process. Maybe others had different experiences but even on the highest settings I could not tell if the seat was ventilated or not
*Wireless Charging: Wireless charging is damn slow in most Indian cars, trust me you would rather use the cables. Premium international cars have fast wireless charging (e.g., Tesla) but that feature has not yet trickled down to our shores. However, even with fast wireless charging there have been complaints that the bottom of the phone gets too hot to touch
*Wireless Carplay: This would be a miss but since wireless charging is horrible and you have to plug in your phone anyway - this is a moot point

The real universal criticisms for this car right now are the alloys, small ICE screen, 360* camera, manual passenger seats and to some extent the audio system.
solaris007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 22:27   #105
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 122
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Extended Warranty is a no brainer and Rs79k justifies it. Re: the service pack, there is 4 yr for Rs75k and 4+1 HiFi for Rs150k which in addition to 5th yr service will include Front Brake Disc and lining, a battery and 2 sets of wipers with the condition that it should "need to be replaced". I'll go ahead with 4 yr SVP and take my chances of those extras.
Thank you for the info. Will consider the same while making the booking. Can I also add these later at the time of delivery so have more time to think about it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
I have test driven the sister Kodiaq L&K which had all those mentioned features - while they are nice to have, they are definitely not dealbreakers in any sense and here is why:
*Ventilated Seats: While they provided some sort of cooling on the highest settings the cooling "effect" will mostly be provided by the front facing vents that hit your face. These standard AC vents also end up cooling the seats in the process. Maybe others had different experiences but even on the highest settings I could not tell if the seat was ventilated or not
*Wireless Charging: Wireless charging is damn slow in most Indian cars, trust me you would rather use the cables. Premium international cars have fast wireless charging (e.g., Tesla) but that feature has not yet trickled down to our shores. However, even with fast wireless charging there have been complaints that the bottom of the phone gets too hot to touch
*Wireless Carplay: This would be a miss but since wireless charging is horrible and you have to plug in your phone anyway - this is a moot point

The real universal criticisms for this car right now are the alloys, small ICE screen, 360* camera, manual passenger seats and to some extent the audio system.
I agree with most of your points.
The biggest miss for me is the manual passenger seat followed by the allows. Why couldnít they just get ANY other alloys in their range. Any one of them looks better. But not a deal breaker more of a sore point

Last edited by ajmat : 25th January 2022 at 23:11.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks