Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2022, 22:46   #106

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Is there any chance VW may add features like Front seat Ventilation, Wireless charging with similar Wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto to this vehicle in the short-term? seems to be a universal criticism the lack of these features in a car of this price point.
What I do think it lacks is Inbuilt Navigation and the Park Assist, which were offered in the previous-gen AllSpace.
Wireless Charging is sorely missed at this price point, but I think I can definitely live without those ventilated seats.
I could see these features being offered as standard on the new AllSpace , if they plan on launching it in the coming months.
MohanPyare is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 23:31   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any chance VW may add features like Front seat Ventilation, Wireless charging with similar Wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto to this vehicle in the short-term? seems to be a universal criticism the lack of these features in a car of this price point.
Its a hard reality for good reason that facelifts are launched with additional features and its inevitable for VW to offer them on Tiguan at some point. If the short term means 6-8 months, highly unlikely, but between 1-2 years, certainly. And to surprise, they may even launch a better looking alloys I bought a Vento in Aug-2016 feeling bad that it doesn't have the reverse camera, LED DRLs and LED headlights, and guess what, 8 months later they launched a facelift with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Thank you for the info. Will consider the same while making the booking. Can I also add these later at the time of delivery so have more time to think about it ?
Absolutely. This will be at the time of making full payment. Extended warranty can be bought even at 48th month but price may increase, SVP should be bought along with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohanPyare View Post
What I do think it lacks is Inbuilt Navigation and the Park Assist, which were offered in the previous-gen AllSpace.
Wireless Charging is sorely missed at this price point, but I think I can definitely live without those ventilated seats.
I could see these features being offered as standard on the new AllSpace , if they plan on launching it in the coming months.
About the inbuilt navigation, it is not google maps but do come in handy in places without the network coverage, like Amboli ghat if you are driving Bombay-Goa etc. Alternate is downloading google offline maps on your phone before starting your journey.
Park assist - When I asked my friend who owns the Endeavour with this feature, he has only used this feature to impress his friends and office colleagues. I would like to hear from those who have it in their cars to know where did they find it useful. Agree, its a miss
I echo your sentiments on wireless charging and will add wireless apple car play to it
Jangra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 23:34   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Why couldn’t they just get ANY other alloys in their range. Any one of them looks better. But not a deal breaker more of a sore point
I was just scanning through the now sold-out T-Roc brochure and under accessories there are 2 alloy wheel designs offered:

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-screenshot-20220125-11.31.11-pm.png

01 Alloy wheel 7J x 18 ET45, Sebring, Grey Metallic
AND
02 Alloy wheel 8J x 19 ET47, Suzuka, Dark Graphite Metallic / gloss-machined

Both would look stunning on the Tiguan but I do not know enough about tyres to confirm whether they would fit - can anyone help here?
solaris007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 00:57   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
I was just scanning through the now sold-out T-Roc brochure and under accessories there are 2 alloy wheel designs offered:

Attachment 2264917

AND

Both would look stunning on the Tiguan but I do not know enough about tyres to confirm whether they would fit - can anyone help here?
It should fit as both have 112*5 PCD. But if you are changing alloys you are better off getting some good brands like BBS or OZ Racing from after market. For 7J the maximum tyre size is 225 and I feel for 18 inch you should atleast have 7.5J which will give you more options to upsize the tyres.
sunikkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 01:07   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post

Attachment 2264917

AND

Since the T-ROC for the meantime is discontinued, have you checked with your SA if they are available? Regarding the alloys, I have searched many videos and struggling to find if someone could color the OEM alloys with Black highlights to make it look close to this
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-alloy.jpg  

Old 26th January 2022, 11:25   #111
BHPian

The accessories list for the Tiguan shows some nice looking alloys wheels. But the cost is not mentioned.
urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 15:11   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
The accessories list for the Tiguan shows some nice looking alloys wheels. But the cost is not mentioned.
Can you send a photo of these Alloy Wheels? I wasn't aware that VW offered this.
Old 26th January 2022, 16:22   #113
BHPian

Here is the accessories brochure
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2021-12-03--Tiguan PA- portfolio with pricing.pdf (974.1 KB, 1153 views)
urban legend is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 16:47   #114

Quote:
Both the wheel options look fantastic!
Definitely considering upgrading to the Sebring wheels, hopefully availability is not an issue (surprised that they are offering 19-inch wheels as well).
Thanks for the help urban legend!
Old 26th January 2022, 19:07   #115
BHPian

Quote:
I did not get this from my SA along with car brochure. Will ask him for the same and check for the prices for the alloy if they know.
Thanks for the brochure
Old 26th January 2022, 20:35   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Its a hard reality for good reason that facelifts are launched with additional features and its inevitable for VW to offer them on Tiguan at some point. If the short term means 6-8 months, highly unlikely, but between 1-2 years, certainly. And to surprise, they may even launch a better looking alloys I bought a Vento in Aug-2016 feeling bad that it doesn't have the reverse camera, LED DRLs and LED headlights, and guess what, 8 months later they launched a facelift with them.

Absolutely. This will be at the time of making full payment. Extended warranty can be bought even at 48th month but price may increase, SVP should be bought along with the car.

About the inbuilt navigation, it is not google maps but do come in handy in places without the network coverage, like Amboli ghat if you are driving Bombay-Goa etc. Alternate is downloading google offline maps on your phone before starting your journey.
Park assist - When I asked my friend who owns the Endeavour with this feature, he has only used this feature to impress his friends and office colleagues. I would like to hear from those who have it in their cars to know where did they find it useful. Agree, its a miss
I echo your sentiments on wireless charging and will add wireless apple car play to it
Thank you. I did the same for my GT wanted to reconfirm if anything has changed.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 00:53   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The units allotted for the first quarter of 2022 have been sold out.
So they are saying in about ~1 month time they have sold their entire stock and we won't be getting delivery from April onwards?
Is this car really selling well despite its few but notable shortcomings or is this just another bs 'sold out' claim by manufacturer I wonder..
Old 27th January 2022, 11:29   #118
BHPian

Quote:
So they are saying in about ~1 month time they have sold their entire stock and we won't be getting delivery from April onwards?
Is this car really selling well despite its few but notable shortcomings or is this just another bs 'sold out' claim by manufacturer I wonder..
I my previous post where I had touched on this topic, discussion with my SA and management they say they have had limited allocations due to Covid related supply chain issues. But they expect larger allotments dealer wise from Feb so expect more deliveries to be made starting Feb.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 21:57   #119
BHPian

Quote:
I did not get this from my SA along with car brochure. Will ask him for the same and check for the prices for the alloy if they know.
Thanks for the brochure
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
For 7J the maximum tyre size is 225 and I feel for 18 inch you should atleast have 7.5J
Eaurougeat - Were you able to get any word from your SA if those alloys are available and the price? I have also asked my SA and will keep the group posted. However both alloys mentioned in the accessory list is 7J and per @Sunnikkat, 235 tyres will not fit. So in both cases of alloys, tyres will also need to be changed which will turn out to be very expensive affair?
Also to your earlier point of Extended warranty, if you purchase it post 1 year of buying, there is an increase of Rs10k, and between 2-4 years, it is an increase of Rs20k (attached below for reference)

Quote:
I think its a poor planning for both cousins - Tiguan and Kodiaq making the stock available, due to which they are unable to confirm to consumers on "When". I'm told that their Aurangabad facility was closed between 15-Dec to 15-Jan, so hopefully they gear up for deliveries in Feb. My VW dealership only delivered 1 Blue Tiguan in Jan and next stock allocation is on 10-Feb
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Extended-Warranty-4Yrs-December-21.pdf (137.6 KB, 324 views)

Last edited by Jangra : 27th January 2022 at 22:15.
Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 22:24   #120
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the brochure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Eaurougeat - Were you able to get any word from your SA if those alloys are available and the price? I have also asked my SA and will keep the group posted. However both alloys mentioned in the accessory list is 7J and per @Sunnikkat, 235 tyres will not fit. So in both cases of alloys, tyres will also need to be changed which will turn out to be very expensive affair?
Hello there,

I inquired for the alloys while getting my Allspace almost a year back, the prices were as follow;

1) 18'' Sebring - Rs. 24,999/-
2) 19'' Suzuka - Rs. 31,999/-
3) 19'' Pretoria - Rs. 35,000/-

For reference Allspace has the same profile as normal Tiguan i.e. 235/55/R18 if I am not wrong.
The only major downer was that VW won't take/exchange the current alloys and you have to purchase the news ones as extras and then sell off your current ones in market
VND is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed