Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2022, 22:34   #121
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Eaurougeat - Were you able to get any word from your SA if those alloys are available and the price? I have also asked my SA and will keep the group posted. However both alloys mentioned in the accessory list is 7J and per @Sunnikkat, 235 tyres will not fit. So in both cases of alloys, tyres will also need to be changed which will turn out to be very expensive affair?
Also to your earlier point of Extended warranty, if you purchase it post 1 year of buying, there is an increase of Rs10k, and between 2-4 years, it is an increase of Rs20k (attached below for reference)

I think its a poor planning for both cousins - Tiguan and Kodiaq making the stock available, due to which they are unable to confirm to consumers on "When". I'm told that their Aurangabad facility was closed between 15-Dec to 15-Jan, so hopefully they gear up for deliveries in Feb. My VW dealership only delivered 1 Blue Tiguan in Jan and next stock allocation is on 10-Feb
I checked with my SA, they haven’t received the prices yet. He said should be out in another 2 weeks.
Also about the fit of these alloys needs to be checked as per @sunnikkat.

Will let you guys know once I hear something on the prices. Will also will check on the fitment of these alloys.
Thanks on the SVP details. I would definitely go for the extended package along with car payment. Don’t want to leave it out. Although the dealers do offer pretty good deals on the service packages later.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 22:47   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
I inquired for the alloys while getting my Allspace almost a year back, the prices were as follow;

1) 18'' Sebring - Rs. 24,999/-
2) 19'' Suzuka - Rs. 31,999/-
3) 19'' Pretoria - Rs. 35,000/-
I think the Suzuka design looks the best. But ouch, that is at least a 2L+ upfront investment for (alloys + tyres) + headache to find a buyer for (alloys + tyres) - sale price for (alloys + tyres). Now we get into the Kodiaq territory.

Suddenly the current alloys look a little more attractive. Might as well save that cost for the increase ownership costs due to the thirsty petrol engine.

Why do you torture us like this VW - all your other cars have much better alloys (yes, even the Polo GT).
solaris007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 11:28   #123
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the prices VND.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
Hello there,

I inquired for the alloys while getting my Allspace almost a year back, the prices were as follow;

1) 18'' Sebring - Rs. 24,999/-
2) 19'' Suzuka - Rs. 31,999/-
3) 19'' Pretoria - Rs. 35,000/-
Following are the non-brochure real life images of the above wheels for everyones reference here:

Sebring:

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-sebring1.jpg

Suzuka:

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-suzuka.jpg

Pretoria:

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-pretoria.png

I personally find the Suzuka wheels to be the most attractive but as per VND's inquiry they are only available in 19". I am guessing this would make the already known underlying stiffness of the Tiguans suspension then unbearable?.. or perhaps some super soft Michelines will help negate completely?
Maky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 18:18   #124
BHPian

So got the price from my SA for the two alloys in Tiguan's brochure
Sebring - 32,492 + GST
Auckland- 39,454 + GST
He also confirmed to VN's point that they will not buyback the alloys and tyres.

With that said, it doesn't make sense. Will leave that option as midlife make-over.

On another note- seriously considering the spoilers. Don't think 25k justifies but will sure "enhance" the look

Last edited by Jangra : 28th January 2022 at 18:22.
Jangra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 19:52   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Kings Red Tiguan

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-cc7b59d6919d4c4e9aed3311f80cf734.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-86af0ac5f4344d5fa6bcd565e2418261.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-d0055064554a43e4a569e3c4cd7be157.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-23f05c1af8a147bd8513eb7985c13ea7.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-1a50820d733048b8a0d3f7de564630a3.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-2b95d06072f74af28a477ed328190623.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-011f055a9d0347b9a8e4ca7f5b1b5a9a.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-55b0d7373fed40e2b971e3008494bf06.jpeg

Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-cbeebdcd57984b03a914d5c4823b14a1.jpeg  

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 28th January 2022 at 19:55.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 21:01   #126
BHPian

Question- so does this one have the additional accessory - rear spoiler (to be bought seperately)
Old 29th January 2022, 10:44   #127

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell if there is a formal process where someone from VW gets in touch to confirm on the booking? Asking this because in the Kodiaq thread see that Skoda gets in touch regarding bookings. Currently I am having to just go by what the SA has been telling me, and have little confidence post his progressive delays over the last 1 month. Getting a formal communication from VW will definitely help. Currently the whole booking process has no formal confirmation or visibility on the order of booking, the dealer may just prioritise delivery the way they choose. Will appreciate if someone can further tell or share a link to any existing thread on what to expect, what stage can we get to know about any details on dispatch.

Thanks,
M
Old 29th January 2022, 14:22   #128
BHPian

I am cancelling my Tiguan booking. The reasons are - no feedback from the dealer regarding delivery date , no commitment to insurance discounts , no replies to queries about accessories.
No one seems interested. Was expecting a better response when buying an over priced but good car.
urban legend is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 14:28   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
I am cancelling my Tiguan booking. The reasons are - no feedback from the dealer regarding delivery date , no commitment to insurance discounts , no replies to queries about accessories.
No one seems interested. Was expecting a better response when buying an over priced but good car.
If you like the car, check with another dealer. Insurance, etc. can be bought from outside and pitching a few dealers against each other may give better discount (however marginal).
Mumbai has 3-4 of them. I can check in my circle and revert on a few sales people over PM if you wish since some friends have bought a few VW recently and even my Sales Advisor If he's still working with VW.
Back in 2018 they were super eager to sell the Tiguan : despite having seen and liked the vehicle at another dealer, one dealer insisted on bringing the car for a second test drive all the way from Navi Mumbai to South Mumbai.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 16:12   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Please check with other dealers. In Bangalore the dealers are getting shipments this week for allotments made and deliveries in Feb 1st week. I know 2 deliveries scheduled for 1sr week of feb, night shade blue and oryx white.
Old 30th January 2022, 18:03   #131
BHPian

A lot has happened over this weekend. As I was mulling over cancelling the Tiguan, the skoda dealers (I was speaking to three of them separately) were still keen to give me another test drive and patiently answered all my queries too. So I decided to have another go.
My main concern in my test drive of the kodiaq was the size and the price hike. I drove it only in peak evening traffic this time , over and over again on my typical route and parking spots. It felt almost similar to my Honda CR-V, maybe even easier to park due to the aids. The extra width and length made some difference but not unmanageable. I used only the normal mode in the Dcc. I took more time for the test drive and spent more time with the car too.
One thing which I felt this time is that the kodiaq feels more “ special “. Don’t get me wrong , the Tiguan is also very good but it makes one think if it’s worth the price whereas the kodiaq makes one appreciate all that is being given at that price. It feels a segment or two up. No wonder it’s selling like hot cakes.
I have gone ahead and booked a white sportsline. I love black interiors and car in the pics and videos I saw looks good too. The price goes to about 46 lakhs after the price hike. The L and K was out of my budget anyway.
The maximum bookings are for the L and K , least for style. Preferred colour in most of the bookings is blue and grey.
Now the wait begins.
urban legend is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 18:32   #132
BHPian

Hi guys
I am in the market for mid size crossover / SUV and have shortlisted the Tiguan, Kodiaq and the C5 aircross.

After lots of deliberation I have finalised on the Tiguan and booked a Tiguan in Reflex silver today.

Kodiaq had the nicest feeling of all three, but the size was a minus for me. No TPMS in the lower 2 variants. The L&K seemed a stretch in pricing when compared to the Tiguan.

The Tiguan seemed to tick all my requirements regarding size, space and features, though wireless CarPlay would have been nice. Black interiors is a huge plus for me. I liked the drive in the Tiguan.

The C5 though attractive in many ways and with a diesel (which was a big draw) was the last choice mainly because of lack of AWD at that price, similar features of Tiguan but couple of lakhs pricier. And I could not get a positive call back from Citroen. So I could not actually test drive the vehicle.

No offers from the VW dealer, though they agreed to match the insurance quote from my side. The wait begins. Tentative waiting times around 6-8 weeks. Is this waiting time same everywhere? Anybody getting better offers?

Last edited by differential : 30th January 2022 at 18:37. Reason: Back to back posts
differential is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 21:56   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Hi guys
I am in the market for mid size crossover / SUV and have shortlisted the Tiguan, Kodiaq and the C5 aircross.

After lots of deliberation I have finalised on the Tiguan and booked a Tiguan in Reflex silver today.

Kodiaq had the nicest feeling of all three, but the size was a minus for me. No TPMS in the lower 2 variants. The L&K seemed a stretch in pricing when compared to the Tiguan.

The Tiguan seemed to tick all my requirements regarding size, space and features, though wireless CarPlay would have been nice. Black interiors is a huge plus for me. I liked the drive in the Tiguan.

The C5 though attractive in many ways and with a diesel (which was a big draw) was the last choice mainly because of lack of AWD at that price, similar features of Tiguan but couple of lakhs pricier. And I could not get a positive call back from Citroen. So I could not actually test drive the vehicle.

No offers from the VW dealer, though they agreed to match the insurance quote from my side. The wait begins. Tentative waiting times around 6-8 weeks. Is this waiting time same everywhere? Anybody getting better offers?
Hi,
Congratulations.
There are no offers at Bangalore as well but very open to match insurance quotes with no hesitation.
Have to see if they are willing to negotiate on other items such as SVP.
Waiting time also seems to be on par with what is being said in Bangalore.
Old 30th January 2022, 21:58   #134
BHPian

Quote:
A lot has happened over this weekend. As I was mulling over cancelling the Tiguan, the skoda dealers (I was speaking to three of them separately) were still keen to give me another test drive and patiently answered all my queries too. So I decided to have another go.
My main concern in my test drive of the kodiaq was the size and the price hike. I drove it only in peak evening traffic this time , over and over again on my typical route and parking spots. It felt almost similar to my Honda CR-V, maybe even easier to park due to the aids. The extra width and length made some difference but not unmanageable. I used only the normal mode in the Dcc. I took more time for the test drive and spent more time with the car too.
One thing which I felt this time is that the kodiaq feels more “ special “. Don’t get me wrong , the Tiguan is also very good but it makes one think if it’s worth the price whereas the kodiaq makes one appreciate all that is being given at that price. It feels a segment or two up. No wonder it’s selling like hot cakes.
I have gone ahead and booked a white sportsline. I love black interiors and car in the pics and videos I saw looks good too. The price goes to about 46 lakhs after the price hike. The L and K was out of my budget anyway.
The maximum bookings are for the L and K , least for style. Preferred colour in most of the bookings is blue and grey.
Now the wait begins.
Congratulations on the booking. Hope you get yours soon.
Old 30th January 2022, 23:13   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milam View Post
Can anyone tell if there is a formal process where someone from VW gets in touch to confirm on the booking?
M
I did not get any calls from them but I trust my SA and my order is confirmed per the invoice of booking amount I have recieved

Quote:
A lot has happened over this weekend. As I was mulling over cancelling the Tiguan
Sad to hear that friend. I know we expect the minimum from the dealers and we should act when they dont comply with our expectations.

Quote:
I have gone ahead and booked a white sportsline.
Congratulations! And being Sportsline, from what i hear, you may get the delivery much before if you had gone for L&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
. Is this waiting time same everywhere? Anybody getting better offers?
Congratulations! Waiting time is same or even more. Not because of the car in demand, but because of poor production planning both Kodiaq and Tiguan. No offers buddy. I'm also waiting on my Oryx White Tiguan. Which color did you go for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Question- so does this one have the additional accessory - rear spoiler (to be bought seperately)
That one did not have the spoiler. What you see is the arrangement for the tail lights. Spoiler will look something like below- that black part. Spoiler as an accessory is only black in color, which color Tiguan have you booked?
Attached Images

Jangra is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed