Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2022, 20:12   #211
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
First long drive in the Tiguan. The car is super comfortable and the suspension feels very good. Maybe a slight stiffness, but very comfortable.
Good to hear about the ride comfort. After hearing some indifferent feedback regarding the ride quality, your feedback is reassuring. How much tyre pressure are you maintaining?

Last edited by troika : 19th February 2022 at 20:14. Reason: Spelling corrected.
Old 19th February 2022, 21:01   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
First long drive in the Tiguan. The car is super comfortable and the suspension feels very good. Maybe a slight stiffness, but very comfortable. The car has a bit of body roll in corners, but my comparison is to sedans and not other SUVs. Didn’t push the car as the engine is still in run period. The car returned an overall efficiency of 13kmpl as per the display, over a distance of 220 km. The roads were a good mix of 4 lane highways, single lane and dual lane roads with medium traffic. Speeds were between 80 to 110kmph. Didn’t get to test the headlights today. The best part was the ground clearance. Didn’t scrape anywhere, including going over big bumps in the farm. The aircon cooled the cabin well with outside temperatures in the 34 to 35 degrees range. I don’t have any sunfilms installed and don’t feel the need to.
Good to hear the feedback. During my TD’s two things that I did find to be standout were the noise insulation in the cabin and the quality of the tints.
What is the break in for the engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
Good to hear about the ride comfort. After hearing some indifferent feedback regarding the ride quality, your feedback is reassuring. How much tyre pressure are you maintaining?
Old 19th February 2022, 21:38   #213
BHPian

Not sure about the run in period. The dealership didn’t specify a run in. I thought I would just keep things smooth for the first 1000km.

I had my tyre pressures at 35 all round with four on board.
differential is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 11:25   #214
BHPian

I have a doubt. When we use the auto hold function, does the gearbox shift to neutral? Or does it remain in gear with the brakes automatically engaged?
As per my knowledge and experience in my Laura , for longer halts at traffic signals it’s best to shift into neutral to prolong the life of the gearbox.
urban legend is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 13:18   #215
GTO
Team-BHP Support

First time I saw a Tiguan taxi! Who would buy this European crossover as a cab? Driver-driven with renter on the backseat.

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-vw.jpg
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 13:22   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
First time I saw a Tiguan taxi! Who would buy this European crossover as a cab? Driver-driven with renter on the backseat.

Attachment 2275015
In all probability, this would be a case of "lease" financing of a vehicle for personal use. Companies like ORIX do this.
BalaSNKL is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 17:30   #217

Did PDI of our car yesterday. Found a scratch in the right bumper which I notified to them, not sure what they will do about it. Any ideas? Is minor though.

Rest all looked fine, used the PDI check list from another thread (attached here as well) which was quite detailed, since the car was just unloaded a day before, did not see any flags, maybe PDI is more crucial if car is sitting at a plant or stockyard for many months. Electronics were working fine. Took pics of engine bay, battery, externals, just incase.

Will definitely go thorough the PDI along with SA at the time of delivery - I am not well versed with the car and need to know how to check engine oil level & some other things like where to put the jack to change a tyre etc.

Going through the instrument cluster screens could only check trip distance which was 8.8 km, need to figure out how to check the total distance run.

Since the car is taken via lease, will have to wait till next Friday to get formalities done and money paid out to dealer. SA told that the care will be moved to a workshop for a PDI and kept there only, not sure if that will be the case though. Its blazing sun out there!

Overall the SA was accommodative, you need to know your questions else they would like to skim through things quickly. Also rode the test drive vehicle to the stock yard, so was understanding the car a little more.

Few things:
1) The SA told that the engine does not need a run in, that is a thing of the past - can anyone throw some light. I plan to immediately to visit parents, a 650 Km drive one way, and the car will be loaded. I am not going to to be sporty for sure till I have some solid mileage.

2) Was intending to do ceramic coating immediately after taking possession to protect the paint, a friend recommended to wait a few months and instead go for putting UV protection film (likes of 3M CR 70), went to a shop today and found it to be quite effective in reducing heat ingression into the cabin.

3) Standard accessory pack to be supplied along with the car delivery, this is good as in past Tiguan threads saw that there were delay in giving accessories. If any Tiguan all space owner has a (re)view on 1) Volkswagen Genuine Boot Tray Deep Trunk Floor/ Part Number: 5NA-061-161-E 2) Volkswagen Genuine Loading Sill Protection Stainless Steel Look/ Part Number: 5NA-061-195-A do share (though they are currently not available) - happy if you have other alternative that worked well

Hope all get visibility on their deliveries soon.

Thanks,
M
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220220-4.41.27-pm.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220220-4.42.35-pm.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220220-5.09.47-pm.jpeg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Car-Pre Delivery Inspection v2_3.pdf (108.7 KB, 975 views)
File Type: pdf Team-BHP PDI Checklist.pdf (431.7 KB, 641 views)

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd February 2022 at 22:17. Reason: Minor typo.
milam is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 18:54   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
In all probability, this would be a case of "lease" financing of a vehicle for personal use. Companies like ORIX do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Quite likely - our company rents car from Avis with similar plates for use as pool cars which we use for meetings. Makes immense sense - we are currently using Camrys for this - but personally would find the Tiguan more comfortable. The only downside is the lessors may charge more given the lower residual values for VAG cars vs Toyotas
Hayek is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 19:38   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milam View Post
Did PDI of our car yesterday. Found a scratch in the right bumper which I notified to them, not sure what they will do about it. Any ideas? is minor though.
Hi, was lurking around in the thread and came across this. Congrats on your car buddy! I've got a Taigun and during PDI, a sales advisor managed to scrape the plastic on the front bumper. I pointed it out to my SA and he told me that they will be replacing the entire front bumper as the car isn't delivered to me yet and it is insured by the dealer for transportation purposes. I'm not sure if they replaced just that part or the entire bumper but I was very sure I wasn't going to take a delivery of the car with those scratches. I'd been fine with it but my mom would have given me a tough time about it.

Kindly follow up with your dealer and check regarding this.

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220220-7.34.30-pm.jpeg
throttleflick is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 23:36   #220
BHPian

Finally got confirmation that my Dolphin Grey Tiguan has reached the dealership. The SA was accommodating enough to let me do the PDI today itself. I requested the SA to try and get the delivery today and he obliged!
So after making the complete payment and the paperwork done today afternoon, got the delivery today evening. The delivery process itself was smooth.
I had also ordered the footmats and mudflaps but they haven’t arrived as yet. I normally use 3D Kagu for my cars, but they aren’t available for Tiguan as yet. So have decided to buy the mats that come with the accessories kit.
After the delivery, I have just driven around for 40 kms or so. Initial impressions are really good. The cabin cocoons the passengers from the traffic and road noise. The Missus is quite happy with the former trait.
Very easy and comfortable to drive in the city. Will give a feedback regarding highway manners at a later date. Didn’t get an opportunity to click any pictures after the delivery, so am attaching a few from the delivery itself.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-fcf4429b310246118dfd8497d347d832.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-2cccd15d71f64549958543f56a0985ac.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-5ea4ac0a88a6442c98c1266ed47ad2f7.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-72f90404e75f4b3aaf5ffcf5c4590296.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-92df5d95b427427f8033f67088388b66.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-a6069af0802d4b7882eff474bf686239.jpeg  

troika is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 00:32   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got confirmation that my Dolphin Grey Tiguan has reached the dealership. The SA was accommodating enough to let me do the PDI today itself. I requested the SA to try and get the delivery today and he obliged!
So after making the complete payment and the paperwork done today afternoon, got the delivery today evening. The delivery process itself was smooth.
I had also ordered the footmats and mudflaps but they haven’t arrived as yet. I normally use 3D Kagu for my cars, but they aren’t available for Tiguan as yet. So have decided to buy the mats that come with the accessories kit.
After the delivery, I have just driven around for 40 kms or so. Initial impressions are really good. The cabin cocoons the passengers from the traffic and road noise. The Missus is quite happy with the former trait.
Very easy and comfortable to drive in the city. Will give a feedback regarding highway manners at a later date. Didn’t get an opportunity to click any pictures after the delivery, so am attaching a few from the delivery itself.
Looks absolutely stunning. Beautiful color.
Congratulations. Looks like the deliveries are now well and truly rolling.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 10:10   #222

Quote:
Very easy and comfortable to drive in the city. Will give a feedback regarding highway manners at a later date.
Didn’t get an opportunity to click any pictures after the delivery, so am attaching a few from the delivery itself.
Congratulations on the Delivery!
The car looks fantastic in Dolphin Grey, wishing you many happy miles and memories with the Tiguan!

Encouraging to hear that the car has good driveability in the city, looking forward to read more about its Highway manners.
MohanPyare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 19:36   #223
BHPian

Test Drove the Tiguan today. Must say it is a well put together machine and drives quite well.

When I asked the SA about remote windows roll down functionality he mentioned that Tiguan doesn’t get it. Is that true?

I thought he was mistaken and I tried myself but it didn’t work.

PS: the TD car was white and looked quite elegant. Although the interiors were a bit underwhelming I thought. Perhaps because I drove the Octavia few days back.

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-98bf9ac26e0b4ef9816456eacd1442c1.jpeg
attrip2008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 21:07   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attrip2008 View Post
Test Drove the Tiguan today. Must say it is a well put together machine and drives quite well.

When I asked the SA about remote windows roll down functionality he mentioned that Tiguan doesn’t get it. Is that true?

PS: the TD car was white and looked quite elegant. Although the interiors were a bit underwhelming I thought. Perhaps because I drove the Octavia few days back.

Attachment 2276198
The Tiguan does get remote opening of the windows and even the sunroof tilts. Just long press unlock. It’s confirmed on the you tube video by Faisal khan.
urban legend is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 12:40   #225
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attrip2008 View Post

It must have been disabled in the test car. Check setting if at all you decide to take a test drive again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
The Tiguan does get remote opening of the windows and even the sunroof tilts. Just long press unlock. It’s confirmed on the you tube video by Faisal khan.
Correct, my allspace does get remote opening/closing. All windows open and sunroof tilts from middle point for ventilation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks