Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2022, 20:57   #241
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by milam View Post
Took delivery last Friday, got sun film put on all glass (3M - CR 70) and headed to parents (Goa) on Sunday.

First impressions: Great at the core
1) Rides effortlessly at 120 kmph with tons of available power to overtake in normal mode. Did not try paddle shifters or sports mode (had a new born in the car)
2) Goes well over bad surfaces, surefooted on turns, solid breaking when required
3) We were fully loaded and kept 38 bar in front, 44 for rear (as per VW recommendation) and was happy with the ride, wife had no complaints and the kid was in the car seat for 80% of the ~ 10 hr drive
4) There is ample width in the rear & overall storage is great
5) Preferred the manually controlled passenger side seat - its way faster then the electronic one and can be put all the way down

average 12.6 KMpl with IOCL XPS 100 fuel for the trip. Using regular fuel for the city, if I don't see a major difference will stick to regular fuel.

What I really missed: Apple car play & ventilated seats.

Would recommend going for a sun-film - the one I put cuts ~ 50% of IR rays and has 70% light transmissibility. Definitely helps the AC in keeping the cabin cool.

Regards,
M
Congrats. The car looks awesome in the snaps. And nothing better than to take a new car on a road trip.
Is it allowed to put sunfilm on car windows ? I thought it’s been banned.
Old 2nd March 2022, 22:17   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
Congrats. The car looks awesome in the snaps. And nothing better than to take a new car on a road trip.
Is it allowed to put sunfilm on car windows ? I thought it’s been banned.
It is banned, but I have it on both the cars.
You always run in to a risk of a cop checking reasons for money, but sun films (atleast CR70 from my experience) make a whole lot difference on a sunny day.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 23:06   #243
BHPian

Sure, the films make a huge difference. But, there was a drive some years ago in Mumbai and the cops made everyone remove / peel the film off the glasses.
Old 5th March 2022, 21:23   #244
BHPian

Got some features activated on the Tiguan this week courtesy drcodemyvw. Listing few of them below:
1. Dynamic indicators
2. Easy entry seats
3. Tail light startup animation
4. Daytime running tail light
5. Speed chimes removal
Attaching a short GIF where the dynamic indicators and startup animation is visible.
Attached Images

troika is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 22:41   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
Got some features activated on the Tiguan this week courtesy drcodemyvw. Listing few of them below:
1. Dynamic indicators
2. Easy entry seats
5. Speed chimes removal
Attaching a short GIF where the dynamic indicators and startup animation is visible.
That tail light startup animation and dynamic indicators look beautiful - wonder why they were not enabled by default as the car has the high-end IQ lights. This now puts it on par with the Kodiaq's behaviour.

Could you explain what easy entry seats means?
solaris007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 23:24   #246
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Got some features activated on the Tiguan this week courtesy drcodemyvw.
Curious: what is the impact of this on warranty? Any risks that this might void warranty protection?
Old 6th March 2022, 00:33   #247
BHPian

Quote:
1. Dynamic indicators
2. Easy entry seats
5. Speed chimes removal
Looks beautiful. I have also contacted him awaiting my delivery and then will get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
That tail light startup animation and dynamic indicators look beautiful - wonder why they were not enabled by default as the car has the high-end IQ lights. This now puts it on par with the Kodiaq's behaviour.
As far as I know this was default in the R line spec not the Elegance line which has been got in to India.

The driver seat moves back for easy entry on unlocking and opening the door and then moves back to position which was set earlier (also in the Xuv700 )

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 6th March 2022 at 00:35. Reason: Text
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 07:12   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post

Thanks, yes it does look nice and those tail lights are really good looking. Am glad I got the tail light daytime running feature enabled. Why they were not enabled by default, well I think it’s just plain laziness on part of vw or maybe they wanted to keep them disabled to make the Kodiaq look more feature rich!
Easy entry seats , as explained by euroughatspa , powers the drivers seat automatically to a lower and pushed back position when you unlock the car to get in. It also does the same when you switch off the ignition and want to get out. It is a good feature for shorter drivers as their driving position would be much closer to the steering/ dash.
troika is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 07:26   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Curious: what is the impact of this on warranty? Any risks that this might void warranty protection?
I don’t think it should have any impact on warranty, though having a good relationship with the local dealership will insulate you further. Honestly, for me the speed chimes is a deal breaker, just can’t drive long distances with the distraction of the sound intermittently. It had to be done.
Regarding the other features, well they are already given by vw, just being activated. These features are present by default in other countries. I wonder ,why the step motherly treatment for Indian customers?
There are other features as well that can be activated, like changing the font and design of the digital cockpit etc. I prefer the simple one that comes by default.
troika is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 09:05   #250
BHPian

Quote:
1. Dynamic indicators
2. Easy entry seats
5. Speed chimes removal
The dynamic lights really look cool. How much did they charge , If you don’t mind sharing. And do they provide decoding all over India.
urban legend is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 10:12   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
The dynamic lights really look cool. How much did they charge , If you don’t mind sharing. And do they provide decoding all over India.
Thanks, yes it does increase the wow coefficient. They do provide services all across the country, I have sent you a pm with the details.
troika is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 12:13   #252
BHPian

Quote:
I don’t think it should have any impact on warranty, though having a good relationship with the local dealership will insulate you further. Honestly, for me the speed chimes is a deal breaker, just can’t drive long distances with the distraction of the sound intermittently. It had to be done.
Regarding the other features, well they are already given by vw, just being activated. These features are present by default in other countries. I wonder ,why the step motherly treatment for Indian customers?
There are other features as well that can be activated, like changing the font and design of the digital cockpit etc. I prefer the simple one that comes by default.
In my discussions with him (dr) he did mention that there are some cockpit skins available. He also said that they were able to enable the wireless car play but did not work for some reason. He mentioned that with the next update of the software it should. If it does then it will be icing on the cake
With regards to warranty, I agree with you. It’s your relationship with the dealer. But per many friends who have got it done for other Audi and Vw cars it shouldn’t affect it. But it’s a slight risk always.
Also I agree with you on Vw being lazy. The whole launch felt like they were compelled to do it rather than exited to do it. Same with the ads, social media campaigns everything. Huge difference compared to over the top excitement for Taigun (although I understand why)
Their social media team needs to be fired. They put up ads a few weeks back for the Tiguan with taigun in all the texts and yesterday for the virtus, the launch date on the poster and the reminder on insta did not match. Had to point it out to them. Crazy.

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 6th March 2022 at 12:20. Reason: Grammar
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 14:20   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
He also said that they were able to enable the wireless car play but did not work for some reason. He mentioned that with the next update of the software it should. If it does then it will be icing on the cake .
For me the wireless CarPlay is not a deal breaker. But if someone does want it , it would be a good idea to get an adapter like carlinkit 3.0 and just plug and play. I think it costs about 120$ or so. I personally haven’t used the carlinkit adapters, maybe someone who has and reading this can give us a real world feedback on how good they are.
On a separate note I did read on the Kodiaq thread that one of the bhpian’s had mentioned that the oem wireless charger is not very good, in fact it overheats the phone. Whereas the wired charging is really quick on the Tiguan.
troika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 15:08   #254
BHPian

Quote:
For me the wireless CarPlay is not a deal breaker. But if someone does want it , it would be a good idea to get an adapter like carlinkit 3.0 and just plug and play. I think it costs about 120$ or so. I personally haven’t used the carlinkit adapters, maybe someone who has and reading this can give us a real world feedback on how good they are.
On a separate note I did read on the Kodiaq thread that one of the bhpian’s had mentioned that the oem wireless charger is not very good, in fact it overheats the phone. Whereas the wired charging is really quick on the Tiguan.
Thanks for the idea. For me the wireless charger works because the phone goes around the occupants while on family trips. I will try to find more information on this. The wireless charger is not important for me at all. I always prefer the wired ones because they are faster but don’t like to keep the phone always plugged in for charging (just habits)
Old 6th March 2022, 16:04   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
In all probability, this would be a case of "lease" financing of a vehicle for personal use. Companies like ORIX do this.
leasing companies actually register the car in your name in white board, this info was provided by ORIX folks to me.
sandeepmukunda is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed