Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2022, 16:28   #331
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by milam View Post
Hey - Adding pics after getting ceramic coating done.

Wireless apple car play is a critical need apart from the 120 K+ speed warning. If anyone has a usable & tested real world solution for plug in hardware to support, kindly share.

Do see a couple on threads on dashcams - if anyone goes for an option that integrates well with the Tiguan do suggest.

Regards,
Milam
Hi could you please help with sourcing a black tiguan. I was under information that tiguan in black in not being produced by vw since a long time. Have booked the same in black but no timelines being given here in Ahmedabad.
loveforjeeps93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 18:22   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
VW Tiguan sales seem to have seen a huge drop in March, down to 31 units, compared to 130 in February. And though the Hyundai Tucson sales have also dropped, down to 109 from 172, it's still three times higher. Not sure whether this is because of non-availability of vehicles because of the various on-going supply chain issues.
I think this is mainly due to non-availability of vehicles. Same story with the Kodiaq.

Also, what is with the VW social media team - almost every single Tiguan promo of theirs shows the higher spec R-line variant (with “For representation purpose only” in small letters at the bottom). It has been months since launch and you would expect them to get a few professional shots of the India-spec version by now.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-dbb6878767f340f782e19cb48815dea8.jpeg  

solaris007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 18:55   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
I think this is mainly due to non-availability of vehicles. Same story with the Kodiaq.

Also, what is with the VW social media team - almost every single Tiguan promo of theirs shows the higher spec R-line variant (with “For representation purpose only” in small letters at the bottom). It has been months since launch and you would expect them to get a few professional shots of the India-spec version by now.
Yup. What I hear from dealership owners atleast in Bangalore is that they had no supply of cars at all in march. This is due to ongoing conflict which had further added to the wait times.
Old 9th April 2022, 20:06   #334
BHPian

This week I got the following done for my car:
Exterior paint protection by permagard
Heat rejection sunfilm for the sunroof
Coding and unlocking the various features like -dynamic turn indicators, remove speed dings, virtual cockpit view, pulsating start button
Few accessories I have also ordered from vw -bag hook and trunk mat which will come next week.
urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 23:18   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
This week I got the following done for my car:
Exterior paint protection by permagard
Heat rejection sunfilm for the sunroof
Coding and unlocking the various features like -dynamic turn indicators, remove speed dings, virtual cockpit view, pulsating start button
Few accessories I have also ordered from vw -bag hook and trunk mat which will come next week.
Can you please share some pics of the virtual cockpit views which you got enabled?
Old 10th April 2022, 06:50   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Can you please share some pics of the virtual cockpit views which you got enabled?
The template of the two dial cockpit view has been to changed to this one. The other two views remain the same.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-b8470da39ea643c5ac6e728c5ee5f76f.jpeg  

Old 10th April 2022, 06:54   #337
BHPian

Permagard has a tie up with VAG and Mercedes showrooms.
They offer Two years warranty. The shine Might last longer if the car is washed carefully.
There is No need to polish the car in between.
If any panel is repainted due to dent or scratch it ll be recoated free
At 21000 it’s Much cheaper than ceramic coating.
( I was quoted 45000 for ceramic quoting from another place)
Old 10th April 2022, 19:20   #338
BHPian

Quote:
The template of the two dial cockpit view has been to changed to this one. The other two views remain the same.
Looks good! Enjoy the updates!
Old 10th April 2022, 19:21   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Looks good! Enjoy the updates!
Quote:
Permagard has a tie up with VAG and Mercedes showrooms.
They offer Two years warranty. The shine Might last longer if the car is washed carefully.
There is No need to polish the car in between.
If any panel is repainted due to dent or scratch it ll be recoated free
This seems to be an option worth considering as well.
Old 11th April 2022, 11:44   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Permagard has a tie up with VAG and Mercedes showrooms. They offer Two years warranty. The shine Might last longer if the car is washed carefully. There is No need to polish the car in between. If any panel is repainted due to dent or scratch it ll be recoated free
Is Permagard PPF or is it some kind of coating ? I am going to get the delivery of my Kodiaq very soon and exploring various options. Ceramic Coating quotes are pretty high and I am not very keen on PPF. Do share the details if possible (like where you got it done and are you satisfied)
Old 11th April 2022, 13:18   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbochargedT View Post
I am not very keen on PPF.
Any reason for this (other than cost, of course)?
Old 11th April 2022, 13:32   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
I have owned many cars and never done any kind of coating on them, only recently got ceramic coating for my Taigun. All of my cars have been pristine even after 4-5 years of ownership. I give the entire credit to my driver who treats them like babies and is a cleanliness freak. He ensures he uses dusters/microfiber towels and waxes them after every 3 months. So I don't really see any point in spending more than a lakh on PPF. Maybe, my driver deserves a raise
TurbochargedT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 14:07   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
Some people are not as big on PPF anymore after the recent long-term ownership pictures shared on a thread here, you will have to search for it as I don't remember the thread name, basically paint peeling off and/or PPF yellowing/hardening prematurely etc. etc.
I personally would still go with PPF on my next car however now only for the main contact points, being the front and rear bumper.
Maky is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 19:06   #344
BHPian

These are my personal views based on my experience and research.
I am not affiliated with any brand nor do I promote or want to defame any brand or company.
I may be technically wrong so please bear with me.
1. PPF- A good self healing ppf and if applied by an experienced team costs above one lakh for the Tiguan. And the application skills can make or break the look of the car in case of ppf. Also depending upon the type of film ,yellowing and dullness after some years might be expected especially in white cars like mine.
I went ahead with non branded non self healing ppf for the bumpers edges , all door edges and mirrors -cost 6500 rs.
2. Ceramic coating - The mirror shine and final look is probably better than permagard. Since my car is metallic white the mirror shine wouldn’t be as good as that on non metallic colours especially darker shades.
Any synthetic coating will last for 2-3 years easily depending upon how the car is washed and how much it’s exposed to sunlight and water.
3. I went for permagard because
A) The coating and recoating if required in case of a paint job will be done in the vw workshop which is safer and convenient I feel.
B) I can get the coating Done every two years once the warranty ends and the cost works out to be same as ceramic coating which might last for 4 years
So far I have noticed that the dust just brushes off easily after the coating and water beading effect is also decent.
C) My cars are always in covered parking and cleaned mostly using dusters and washed once a week using the two bucket method and wiped with good quality microfibre cloths.
I wanted a coating which is not too expensive, which will last at least 2 years and give me the shine and looks I want.
But to each his own and there is nothing really wrong in spending for PPF or ceramic coating if one wants to.
urban legend is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 19:08   #345
BHPian

Posting a few snaps taken after the coating. Please excuse the quality as I couldn’t get the time to do a proper photo shoot
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-209f05c708c9450699b1cc30a77556b3.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-4d5c6a6c511d4e4c80b54f72c79e727c.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-119551b4a0bb415fa4b742bb56972290.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-cadb90b9146b472d94a4916a97606cc5.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-a9a3ba98145244e3aae96a2ad673738b.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-f60b6a93b60741f6aff5770779a9d64e.jpeg  

urban legend is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks