Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2024, 22:51   #1816
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauthampait View Post
Guys, going to take delivery of Skoda Kodiaq next week, are there any advices or suggestions on PDI, insurance or anything other thing that I I should be aware of? Much appreciated.
Congratulations and wishing you an exciting and trouble free ownership of the bear. Are you taking delivery from TAFE or Raja Skoda?

When I did my PDI, the white protective plastic lamination was still on the hood, A,B,C pillars and boot lid. I took delivery late evening and next morning when I took the car for ceramic coating, they pointed out a very small dent on the hood - probably been there below the protective sheet and did not notice in the excitement and the lighting in the showroom, at the time of delivery or by bad luck, something fell on top from the tree under which I parked during the customary temple visit on the day of delivery. Point is please check the paintwork for any imperfections after the protective laminate covers are peeled off.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_1193.jpeg  

Last edited by Old Dude : 14th June 2024 at 22:53.
Old 16th June 2024, 10:57   #1817
BHPian

Folks,
for the "mySkodaConnectED" app to work, do we need to renew any telco services every year? My car is completing its first year, hence asking.
Old 16th June 2024, 15:27   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Folks,
for the "mySkodaConnectED" app to work, do we need to renew any telco services every year? My car is completing its first year, hence asking.
Honestly, I don’t know how long is the subscription valid, except that it’s been 1 year and 4 months and it’s still working for me. Didn’t want provoke the bear (pun intended) by asking the dealership till it stops working.
Old 16th June 2024, 16:43   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I recently changed the tyres to Pirelli Scorpion Verde Seal Inside, in stock size. This particular tyre was chosen from the above list along with Michelin Primacy SUV+ and Bridgestone Turanza 6i, both of which were 60 profile instead of stock 55. The most comfort oriented tyre would be the Continental in this case, silent and soft, but is also more prone to punctures given the softness (claimed by dealer). My requirement was "go anywhere" ability, wet grip, not too soft not too hard, puncture resistance. Hence the Scorpion Verde was no brainer for me. If your main driving is in city, you dont venture out on rough roads, you can go with Continental. Second comfort oriented tyre would be the Vredestien. I don't recommend going for 60 profile tyres, although the Michelin Primacy SUV+ is made for comfort and long life.
Thanks. Pirelli was ruled as the dealer mentioned lack of quick support. I deliberated between Conti SC5 and Vorti and finally went with the later as the dealer gave a slightly better feedback. I did a 300 km run on the highway today and very happy with the output. As expected, being a soft and new tyre, the ride quality improved a lot. Road noise is also reduced though I did not go beyond 90kmph consistently. I did not observe significant changes in braking efficiency. Hope the tyres perform at the same level for few years. I have Conti CC5 in my Vento for 3 years and I am happy with that tire also but that is more comfort oriented than SC5. In short, both Conti and Vredestein are very good options for Kodiaq tyre replacement from what I see.

Here are some pictures with the car waiting for new legs and after installing them.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4615.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4617.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4618.jpeg  

senthils27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 00:51   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,
June 17th is the exact date I took the delivery two years back - so far it's good without any intervention.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 15:30   #1821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
June 17th is the exact date I took the delivery two years back - so far it's good without any intervention.
Doesn't work for me. My car completed 2 years on 9th June. The app is MySkodaConnect and its currently only showing me notifications for engine start / stop and engine idling. Clicking on any part of the app inside does nothing.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 17:13   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Quote:
Doesn't work for me. My car completed 2 years on 9th June. The app is MySkodaConnect and its currently only showing me notifications for engine start / stop and engine idling. Clicking on any part of the app inside does nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Honestly, I donít know how long is the subscription valid, except that itís been 1 year and 4 months and itís still working for me. Didnít want provoke the bear (pun intended) by asking the dealership till it stops working.
Well, it stopped working for me exactly 1 year after I bought the car. It says, "failed to connect to server". I called my sales guy, and per him, this will take 3 months to fix . Apparently, there is some data issue at the Skoda end. Why the data issue would impact only me is a mystery. Is anyone else facing the same error?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-whatsapp-image-20240617-5.07.52-pm.jpeg  

sameerg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 19:15   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
Thanks. Pirelli was ruled as the dealer mentioned lack of quick support. I deliberated between Conti SC5 and Vorti and finally went with the later as the dealer gave a slightly better feedback. I did a 300 km run on the highway today and very happy with the output. As expected, being a soft and new tyre, the ride quality improved a lot. Road noise is also reduced though I did not go beyond 90kmph consistently. I did not observe significant changes in braking efficiency. Hope the tyres perform at the same level for few years. I have Conti CC5 in my Vento for 3 years and I am happy with that tire also but that is more comfort oriented than SC5. In short, both Conti and Vredestein are very good options for Kodiaq tyre replacement from what I see.

Here are some pictures with the car waiting for new legs and after installing them.
Hello senthils27,

How are the Conti tyres on your Vento in terms of punctures and cuts? I am considering changing from MRF Markus to Pirelli or Conti on my Kodiaq, but don't want frequent punctures or worse, damage as a result of the change.

Other folks - please share your inputs as well, including if it is worthwhile changing. My motivation to change is a cushier and less noisy ride.

Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 17:26   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it stopped working for me exactly 1 year after I bought the car. It says, "failed to connect to server". I called my sales guy, and per him, this will take 3 months to fix . Apparently, there is some data issue at the Skoda end. Why the data issue would impact only me is a mystery. Is anyone else facing the same error?
Please re login and problem should go away. I got notification in attached pic today. Got same error as you got, which went away on re login
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_7605.jpeg  

Dosojin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 19:26   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosojin View Post
Hello senthils27,

How are the Conti tyres on your Vento in terms of punctures and cuts? I am considering changing from MRF Markus to Pirelli or Conti on my Kodiaq, but don't want frequent punctures or worse, damage as a result of the change.

Thanks
Hi Dosojin,

I did not face any punctures on the Conti but there is a tear in the sidewall on one of the tyres. I do not recollect how it could have formed. That said, if you drive on normal roads most of the time, you can trust Conti and go for it. They will be silent and also offer you a comfortable ride. Just make sure you set the cold pressures between 32 to 34 psi. Pirelli will also be equally good but check if you will have good support in case of issues.
senthils27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 15:36   #1826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't work for me. My car completed 2 years on 9th June.
I escalated to customer care however they weren't able to do much. I deleted the app and re-installed it, that worked. Now I am able to use it as before. Although the WiFi in the car should also work, but doesn't for me. I also checked with the dealer, the Jio based (MySkoda Connect) service is valid for three years from delivery. Post which there is a charge of around 3500/- now this is for one year or next three years, I don't know.

Some people are able to load the car on to Jio Things app. But that app only takes registrations from numbers which are on Jio network. So that didn't work for me.

Also wanted to know what is the difference between MySkoda Connect and MySkoda ConnectED apps? The former is Jio dongle based and what is the latter based on? What features are available?

There's also a new app called MySkoda Plus. This lets me add the car by VIN but then it shows my car as a Lava Blue 2.0. TDI CR L&K ! And there are no service records anywhere. The best app was MySkoda app which had all service history and documents storage. And it did not work off a dongle in the dash.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 15:54   #1827

Has anyone yet tuned the Kodiaq TDI here? I am looking to do so, the car is close to 1.5L Kms so looking for reviews that if tuning may cause any further issues and increase the cost of ownership or any other downsides.

Also, are the app features applicable to the TDI variants? Only the MySkoda essentials used to work for me that gave 3 different types of new vehicle information displays (one i remember was the sports display showed the throttle input percent and brake input percentage) when opening the app from CarPlay but now it says unable to connect. Contacted the dealer but they said it has been discontinued. None of the other apps seem to work for me.
Old 20th June 2024, 16:50   #1828
BHPian

Today i gave my car for second servicing at Brite Skoda Noida at about 29k kms. I was shocked when they told me that the front disc and brake pads have completely worn out and it would cost around 43k for replacement. Its shocking as i ve always found the braking to be more than adequate without any issues. My question is should the break pads and discs be wearing out at just 29k kms? ? Attaching a few pics
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img20240620wa0013.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img20240620wa0011.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img20240620wa0010.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img20240620wa0009.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img20240620wa0012.jpg  

Fun_to_drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 20:27   #1829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
Today i gave my car for second servicing at Brite Skoda Noida at about 29k kms. I was shocked when they told me that the front disc and brake pads have completely worn out and it would cost around 43k for replacement. Its shocking as i ve always found the braking to be more than adequate without any issues. My question is should the break pads and discs be wearing out at just 29k kms? ? Attaching a few pics
I was just checking my car's service record and just as surprised as you are the rear break pad was replaced at the first service at 15k kms and then the front at 31k kms. Since then it's been driven 1.48L kms there is only record of break pad being replaced and that was at 1.3L km. Before it I remember Skoda charging us around 40k to replace all the break pads but we did it from an aftermarket workshop at half the price. That was at about 1.1L kms. Between 31kms and 1.1L kms I dont see any record of brake pad replacement and had it been done aftermarket the service record must have said Break pad refused like it was mentioned in the 1.1L kms service.

Regrading the prices, back in 2018-19 they were very different. The break pads were latest replaced at 1.3L kms by Skoda about 3-4 months ago and it costed us about 6k including labour for the front break pad.
emperor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 21:08   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperor View Post
I was just checking my car's service record and just as surprised as you are the rear break pad was replaced at the first service at 15k kms and then the front at 31k kms. Since then it's been driven 1.48L kms there is only record of break pad being replaced and that was at 1.3L km. Before it I remember Skoda charging us around 40k to replace all the break pads but we did it from an aftermarket workshop at half the price. That was at about 1.1L kms. Between 31kms and 1.1L kms I dont see any record of brake pad replacement and had it been done aftermarket the service record must have said Break pad refused like it was mentioned in the 1.1L kms service.

Regrading the prices, back in 2018-19 they were very different. The break pads were latest replaced at 1.3L kms by Skoda about 3-4 months ago and it costed us about 6k including labour for the front break pad.
The brake pads are relatively cheap at around 6-7k, however brake disc cost around 36k. They are advising me to change both disc+pads for front for a total cost of 43k. Have you ever had to pay this much amount for brakes as per your records?

Most Viewed