Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2022, 15:19   #226
VND
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanbabu View Post
Some questions which I couldn't see answers for in this thread.[LIST[*] Does Kodiaq also has powered passenger seats?[*] Does it have a radar module on the front (can see a dark glass plate anove the camera on the front bumper pics.[*] Is this a CBU or India made?[*] How is DCC? Does it "dynamically" adjust the hardness or is it a set stiffness per driving mode? I remember my friend who has an A6, stopped the car when leaving the highway for a minute, so that his suspensions can go up. It really did look like a "feature" anyone would want.[/list]
I agree with the you more or less here, a fellow Allspace owner as well!
To answer your question;

- Yes, Kodiaq has powered codriver's seat.
- I don't think it has a radar module.
- It's a CKD kit, assembled in India.
- DCC works as per driving mode which is set.
- Head unit is 8''.
- No vents in 3rd row, same as Tiguan.
Old 9th February 2022, 15:34   #227
AKB
BHPian

A look at how some youtubers are irresponsible about road safety. See how this guy tests Kodiaq on a road without divider (and with traffic). At 18:32 mark in the video, he crosses a pick-up truck at 145kmph!!!

AKB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 15:41   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
- DCC works as per driving mode which is set.
So, it will have the similar issues as the A6? Or is this a newer gen? In A6, I remember him stopping the car, and we could see the chassis rising slowly, and then the cockpit showed something before he started moving again. It looked really funny!
Old 9th February 2022, 16:46   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
A look at how some Youtubers are irresponsible about road safety. See how this guy tests Kodiaq on a road without divider (and with traffic). At 18:32 mark in the video, he crosses a pick-up truck at 145kmph!!!

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=yzngeQBBEHI&t=1108s
Never seen such an empty, straight and well laid out road in India. Wonder where it is, had seen his another review of Octavia in that stretch. A small mistake is enough for a disaster with that oncoming traffic.

Keeping other things aside, Kodiaq seems to be very stable for its size at those speeds.
Old 10th February 2022, 13:45   #230
BHPian

Kodiaq, Tiguan owners - I have a couple of questions I am hoping you can help with

1. How big of a problem is it not having 3rd row AC vents? Is the AC strong enough that it doesn't matter?
2. Is the 3rd row usage by kids? I found the seating to be low enough that even kids might be in a knees-up position (unless they fold their legs and sit!)? Is it usage by kids? Till what age?
3. What has been your experience with Skoda service (asking from the POV of having bought their flagship product)?
Old 10th February 2022, 14:37   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_maan View Post
Kodiaq, Tiguan owners - I have a couple of questions I am hoping you can help with

1. How big of a problem is it not having 3rd row AC vents? Is the AC strong enough that it doesn't matter?
2. Is the 3rd row usage by kids? I found the seating to be low enough that even kids might be in a knees-up position (unless they fold their legs and sit!)? Is it usage by kids? Till what age?
3. What has been your experience with Skoda service (asking from the POV of having bought their flagship product)?

The AC in Karoq is horrible. The auto mode doesn't work, it's probably tuned for the European markets. I think the AC performance in Kodiaq would be similar to Karoq.

When it comes to Service, the experience was okay. As it's the first European car in my family, I decided to visit the service center in Kurla, Mumbai. Before reaching the service center I had already called the SA. I reached the place at 9.00am on a Monday, I had to wait for 30 mins for the SA which was quite unusual. The worst part of it was there were 6-8 SA sitting at their desks doing absolutely nothing. After complaining to the manager, another SA was appointed to me. They checked the car, everything was fine. The car was returned on the same day in the evening. The shocking part of it was the car showed a return mileage of 2 kmpl on a run from Kurla to Andheri West. I'm guessing the driver was quite aggressive with the pedal.

Overall, I'm not too keen on sending the car again to the same service center mainly because the SA in Hyundai and Toyota provide a better experience and response than these guys. However, the work done on the car was good and I've no complaints regarding that.
Anand1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 15:32   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I can answer point 3 - my service experience with Tafe Access Bangalore has been great for past 6 years. I never had any issues and in couple of instances they pro-actively owned their mistake and corrected.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 15:34   #233
BHPian

Quote:

1. AC is fine for my Kodiaq. Not had an issue with cooling in past 2 summers.
  2. Not used 3rd row much but i would guess kids under 10 should be fine.
  3. My experience with Skoda has been excellent for both my Octavia and Kodiaq.
AnandB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 15:59   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
I can answer point 3 - my service experience with Tafe Access Bangalore has been great for past 6 years. I never had any issues and in couple of instances they pro-actively owned their mistake and corrected.
Thanks much. I'd probably go with Tafe Access in Bangalore as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand1998 View Post
The AC in Karoq is horrible. The auto mode doesn't work, it's probably tuned for the European markets. I think the AC performance in Kodiaq would be similar to Karoq.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I've also heard some dissatisfaction about the AC in the Kodiaq. I guess, it depends on the location. Though I am based out of Bangalore (where AC is not a big concern, most of the drive with this will be on the highways. I wouldnt want to struggle with a poor AC on an otherwise high-end car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
  1. AC is fine for my Kodiaq. Not had an issue with cooling in past 2 summers.
  2. Not used 3rd row much but i would guess kids under 10 should be fine.
  3. My experience with Skoda has been excellent for both my Octavia and Kodiaq.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 10th February 2022, 18:37   #235
BHPian

Query re: suspension of Style and Sports line - There is no mention of the suspension setup in these two variants. Does anyone know if the suspension setup is same as it was in the last gen Kodiaq?
Old 10th February 2022, 20:11   #236
BHPian

As far as I know, the difference is only in L&K which has DCC. Style and sportline shouldn't have any major difference. And from test drives of old version, I didn't find any issues with suspension setup.. Handling was good and ride too was alright..
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 13:42   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanbabu View Post
So, it will have the similar issues as the A6? Or is this a newer gen? In A6, I remember him stopping the car, and we could see the chassis rising slowly, and then the cockpit showed something before he started moving again. It looked really funny!
The previous gen A6 had air suspension that allowed the driver to change the ride height and stiffness of the suspension. The Kodiaq has dynamic dampers which only allow for a change in the stiffness of the dampers without a change in the ride height.

The air suspension is a highly complex bit of kit and might be prone to failures in Indian conditions.
thechinmay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 15:56   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechinmay View Post
The air suspension is a highly complex bit of kit and might be prone to failures in Indian conditions.
That is my concern as well.. with the kind of roads we have, it would most certainly fail sooner rather than later.

Side note - I don't think our Bangalore bbmp would let DCC sort of technology beat them and their custom designed roads here. We struggle hard to find one good stretch of road without stones and deep craters. Not to mention, dust!! I was shocked to see the air filter post service, recently. There is a limit that filters, shocks and tech can help.. we are athukkum mele (way above and beyond)
motorhead5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 19:46   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
That is my concern as well.. with the kind of roads we have, it would most certainly fail sooner rather than later.

Side note - I don't think our Bangalore bbmp would let DCC sort of technology beat them and their custom designed roads here. We struggle hard to find one good stretch of road without stones and deep craters. Not to mention, dust!! I was shocked to see the air filter post service, recently. There is a limit that filters, shocks and tech can help.. we are athukkum mele (way above and beyond)
That's the advantage manufacturers getting in India. We have highest motorable road at the Leh and least motorable road in Bangalore. Can test altitude and aptitude of a machine
HotChillyPepper is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 10:49   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Please check with dealer in Sadashivnagar. They had Sportsline parked right in next lane few days back ..if I recollect, it was in White color
That was a customer delivery vehicle and it's gone. No sportline available to even see anywhere
I will have to find someone who got it delivered already

Last edited by motorhead5 : 12th February 2022 at 10:50.

Most Viewed