Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2022, 14:38   #271
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
I am sure L&K will be having leather seats.

Skoda normally offers leather seats in their cars, other than sportsline which will be alcantara. Octavia, Superb etc. has leather interiors, so I believe Kodiaq should have it too.

Comparatively VW offers leatherette in few of their cars - last gen Jetta in India, even new Tiguan (not sure though)
The face lifted Tiguan 2021 comes with Vienna Leather seats not leatherette.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 02:40   #272
BHPian

Hi all,
After much thought and discussions with friends, family and suggestion from fellow Team-BHPians, had finally booked the Kodiaq Sportsline. More details on the thought process later in the initial ownership review.

On Tuesday, I did a brief PDI and yesterday I finally took the delivery of my White Sportsline. Must say, the feeling is special . Car has done 150 kms and was 83kms ODO while taking the delivery. In my ~70kms, my quick observations below (more later) -

1- Car looks Handsome and is a head turner, makes you feel very special behind the wheels
2- Wireless Apple Carplay and wireless charger - works seamlessly everytime
3- Ingress and Egress is very easy for my parents. A big Thumbs up.
4- Car headlights -Automatic and Adaptive LEDs lights up your way really nicely. Night drives should really not be a problem any more (though not a fan of long night drives)
5- Very silent inside - Cabin does a real nice job insulating engine and outer ambience noise. Night and day compared to my Vento TSI
6- Impressive quality of everything you touch and see
7- No rattles what so ever - Uneven surface, put holes, speed bumps - Nothing!
8- Music system - Oh boy! Awesome

Dislikes - not much for now but nit-picking below
1- Not used to too many electronics in my car before, will need some getting used to
2- Alcantara seats - I know what is coming, just have to be careful. Though have to admit, it looks and feel classy
3- Not too sure yet how to install an Ipad Holder on the sport seats - any ideas? This is mandatory for my daughter to be entertained on rear seats
4- No TPMS on Sportsline - Why Skoda?
5- There should be a setting to turn off headlight washers as I don't need them to spray every time I spray clean the windshields
6- Rear parking camera quality is strictly average

Above are the quick observations in past day and a half and will surely write the detailed review soon. Also attaching some pictures taken during PDI and delivery
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img2255.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img2256.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img7195.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img7196.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img7197.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img7199.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img7200.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img7201.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img7202.jpg  

Jangra is online now   (37) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 09:41   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
On Tuesday, I did a brief PDI and yesterday I finally took the delivery of my White Sportsline. Must say, the feeling is special .
Congratulations buddy, wish you all a great time with your new machine.

How do you find the front seats in terms of comfort and maintenance?
How is the fixed head rest? Is it giving proper support to both driver and passenger - say folks with different height?

PS - still couldn't find a way to see a sportline in Bangalore. Hope to see one soon somewhere

Last edited by motorhead5 : 20th February 2022 at 09:43.
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 09:43   #274
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations
Wish you many miles of happy and safe driving. I am sure this is a car you can keep for many years and still not look dated, it will definitely age well.

Kodiaq is a looker and yours with white and black sporty interiors would have been my top pick too.

Though not providing TPMS in an expensive car is a stupidity, it is an easy and safe fix.
sunikkat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 10:48   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
After much thought and discussions with friends, family and suggestion from fellow Team-BHPians, had finally booked the Kodiaq Sportsline. More details on the thought process later in the initial ownership review.

On Tuesday, I did a brief PDI and yesterday I finally took the delivery of my White Sportsline. Must say, the feeling is special . Car has done 150 kms and was 83kms ODO while taking the delivery. In my ~70kms, my quick observations below (more later) -

1- Car looks Handsome and is a head turner, makes you feel very special behind the wheels
2- Wireless Apple Carplay and wireless charger - works seamlessly everytime
3- Ingress and Egress is very easy for my parents. A big Thumbs up.
4- Car headlights -Automatic and Adaptive LEDs lights up your way really nicely. Night drives should really not be a problem any more (though not a fan of long night drives)
5- Very silent inside - Cabin does a real nice job insulating engine and outer ambience noise. Night and day compared to my Vento TSI
6- Impressive quality of everything you touch and see
7- No rattles what so ever - Uneven surface, put holes, speed bumps - Nothing!
8- Music system - Oh boy! Awesome

Dislikes - not much for now but nit-picking below
1- Not used to too many electronics in my car before, will need some getting used to
2- Alcantara seats - I know what is coming, just have to be careful. Though have to admit, it looks and feel classy
3- Not too sure yet how to install an Ipad Holder on the sport seats - any ideas? This is mandatory for my daughter to be entertained on rear seats
4- No TPMS on Sportsline - Why Skoda?
5- There should be a setting to turn off headlight washers as I don't need them to spray every time I spray clean the windshields
6- Rear parking camera quality is strictly average

Above are the quick observations in past day and a half and will surely write the detailed review soon. Also attaching some pictures taken during PDI and delivery
Congratulations on the new ride! Hope you cover many miles on this. The Panda combo looks really nice. May I ask what was the tipping point which swayed your decision towards the kodiaq?
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 11:46   #276
BHPian

Quote:
What kind of fuel economy are you getting ? I have booked the L&K model but still no update on the delivery The SA told me that the avg. should be around 10-12 kmpl but I dont think it will return more than 8-9 kmpl.
TurbochargedT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 13:17   #277
BHPian

Congratulations Jangra. Wish you a very happy ownership and million miles. Yours is probably the first Kodiaq delivery in the forum!

Did you take the accessories kit which Skoda is pushing for 17999? What is part of the kit?
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 13:27   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
After much thought and discussions with friends, family and suggestion from fellow Team-BHPians, had finally booked the Kodiaq Sportsline.
Congrats Jangra and all the best.

What all upgrades, modifications, etc you have done or planning to do. For example, did you do a PPF?
BalaSNKL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 13:29   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

On Tuesday, I did a brief PDI and yesterday I finally took the delivery of my White Sportsline. Must say, the feeling is special
Congratulations! The car looks beautiful and the black and white combo looks cool. A gloss black roof would make it even better, in my opinion.

Which is your dealer in Mumbai?

Congrats again and have an awesome ownership experience.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 17:01   #280
BHPian

Quote:

Hey congratulations!!
The combination on the seat looks brilliant.
What was your booking date?

Last edited by goenkakushal : 20th February 2022 at 17:03.
goenkakushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 20:44   #281
BHPian

Thank you all. Took my parents, wife and kid on a drive within Bombay city today. Bad traffic zones (even on a Sunday), stretch of uneven broken roads, but the drive was stress free and family loves it.
Call it OCD, but I cleaned the interiors, vacuumed the seats, admired her for a few min before I parked

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
How do you find the front seats in terms of comfort and maintenance?
How is the fixed head rest? Is it giving proper support to both driver and passenger - say folks with different height?
Thanks man
Front seats in terms of comfort - Excellent with the 12 way adjustable settings. Maintenance - time will tell but I know will have to be extra careful. I am always stress-free with my Vento, even when we took her to the beach and came back drenched and muddy, one wipe and a vacuum was enough. But with alcantara - I wont do that.
Fixed head rest is just fine, and I have seen reviews of tall and short YouTubers being comfortable. I'm 5'10 and wife is 5'6, both are comfortable with the headrest. My only complaint with the headrest is, there is no place to mount the ipad for the rear passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Congratulations
Wish you many miles of happy and safe driving.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Congratulations on the new ride! Hope you cover many miles on this. The Panda combo looks really nice. May I ask what was the tipping point which swayed your decision towards the kodiaq?
Thanks man. It was a spur of the moment when I heard from my SA that he can deliver the Sportsline in 4 weeks. The only condition was full payment 4 weeks in advance. I did get cold feet but then a thought of, "What the hell"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbochargedT View Post
What kind of fuel economy are you getting ? I have booked the L&K model but still no update on the delivery The SA told me that the avg. should be around 10-12 kmpl but I dont think it will return more than 8-9 kmpl.
leaving a screenshot from my drive today. Just a note that the drive was not spirited and was 50% in Eco mode and the other 50 in Normal. I think it cando 12-13 easily on a highway if driven sedately

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
Congratulations Jangra. Wish you a very happy ownership and million miles. Yours is probably the first Kodiaq delivery in the forum!

Did you take the accessories kit which Skoda is pushing for 17999? What is part of the kit?

Thanks mate! Yes I took the kit and got all the items listed in my picture below except for USB cable, but they swapped it with tyre inflator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
Congrats Jangra and all the best.

What all upgrades, modifications, etc you have done or planning to do. For example, did you do a PPF?
Thanks man. I was thinking of PPF but a few days back I saw a post of a fellow bhpian whose paint came off with the PPF post 5 years. So no PPF. And no other accessories. It actually doesnt need any. At the most, thinking to coat my roof with black PPF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Congratulations! The car looks beautiful and the black and white combo looks cool. A gloss black roof would make it even better, in my opinion.

Which is your dealer in Mumbai?

Congrats again and have an awesome ownership experience.
Thanks man. Yes, black roof is the only mod plan I have. I sealed the deal with JMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
Hey congratulations!!
The combination on the seat looks brilliant.
What was your booking date?
Thanks man, 8th Feb with full payment. Even before I got call for ready available Grey Sportsline, but my preference was white. Seems like the only wait is for L&K which is in high demand.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-accessory.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img2277.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img2279.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img2281.jpg  

Last edited by Jangra : 20th February 2022 at 20:59.
Jangra is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 21:50   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all.
On a side note, what a monster of a machine at the back of the last picture! If that is your more details would be great!!

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st February 2022 at 11:19. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for easy readability.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 11:22   #283
BHPian

Congratulations on the new ride,
Wish you many miles of happy ownership,

Do you think the accessories kit sold with the car is useful or will one be better off buying accessories like 3D Mats, Body Cover etc from the market ?
Old 21st February 2022, 11:53   #284
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking of PPF but a few days back I saw a post of a fellow bhpian whose paint came off with the PPF post 5 years. So no PPF.
Been reading up on PPF in BHP Forum and also speaking up to few who have done PPF and few detailers. Doesn't seem to be an issue if we choose the film wisely and the installation is done properly. Yet to take a final decision and have the luxury of time as delivery is still open.

Appreciate any view esteemed BHPians may have. Many thanks in advance.
Old 21st February 2022, 12:13   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
On a side note, what a monster of a machine at the back of the last picture! If that is your more details would be great!!
OT:

I believe that is Surya Kumar Yadav’s latest possession.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-5464167264b54490b869555f50943f74.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-c0613294f08b4d97af09d82e099edaba.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZUrRZbP...dium=copy_link
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks