Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2022, 13:37   #16
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Great review ! Would love an opinion on the build quality and safety compared to lets say the Q5.

I was waiting on opinions on the DCC as a lot of people would have loved the Sportline interiors and exteriors but seems like the jump to L&K is worth the trade off.
As GTO mentioned, there is nothing exactly like the Kodiaq in this price range.

Also, are Skoda waiting for the reviews to come out and then change the price "officially" on their website?

Zac Hollis has just replied to someone on twitter with the below:
We have sold out the initial supply in record time. Delivery times are now going out longer and its only fair to warn customers that at the time of delivery there will be a price rise.

Basically everyone (except initial lot) is going to be in a limbo regarding the pricing.

Last edited by kartavya : 18th January 2022 at 13:43.
Old 18th January 2022, 13:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Mileage & Fuel Economy

The Kodiaq 2.0 TSI engine with the DSG automatic has an ARAI rating of 12.78 km/l. We would expect 7 - 9 km/l in the city, depending on traffic density. Do note that turbo-petrols are very sensitive to throttle input and if you drive it hard (which you will), the fuel gauge will drop much faster and you'll see 5 - 6 kmpl. The Kodiaq's fuel tank capacity is 58 litres.
For a tourer and a petrol unit, they reduced the tank even further? The older Kodiaq has 63-64 litres capacity which was already lower to competition.

Excellent review as usual. Was waiting for review to read about DCC. To omit the small things like umbrella, blanket, boot torch, etc. is really cheap. Those things did make the car feel 'Simply Clever'.

Last edited by AnandB : 18th January 2022 at 13:51.
Old 18th January 2022, 14:07   #18
BHPian

Great Review. I think with Skoda cars, I am always worried about the 95 Octane petrol need and long term impact on injectors for the same. Does the Kodiaq also has such requirements ? I have read it in some of the other threads.
Old 18th January 2022, 14:13   #19
BHPian

Excellent review as usual! Way better than Autocar and Overdrive ones made availabe today. Time for T-BHP video reviews @GTO?

As they said, there is nothing quite like the Kodiaq in the Indian market. Quality, power, refinement, features- it has got it all. I love petrols, and it seems to be the perfect city car and highway mile muncher, but for two things i am not happy with-

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Disappointed the way Autocar is trying to justify the 3rd row.
It is not even practical for small children. I would rather keep it folded all the time and increase the boot space.
I agree. The space in the 3rd row is indeed limited, and not at all comparable to other 7 seaters in its price range- the Fortuner has better seats, the Gloster even better. The Allspace also had the same problem. The issue is not only low seating position, headroom and legspace, but also the seat base width. Even small kids will not like to sit for long in the 3rd row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
For a tourer and a petrol unit, they reduced the tank even further? The older Kodiaq has 63-64 litres capacity which was already lower to competition.
A 58 liter fuel tank with an engine that will probably give 11 kmpl on highways equates to a 500-550 km range (given 5-10 liters in reserve etc). This will come down to 350 km range in mountains, where efficiency will come down to mid single digits. Get ready for some range anxiety like below. Not sure why Skoda could not have given a larger fuel tank.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-petrol-pump.jpg  

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 18th January 2022 at 14:20.
achyutaghosh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 14:42   #20
BHPian

Good reviews guys. I definitely see this car as an upgrade to my XUV500 barring the fly-in-the-ointment - the fuel efficiency. While the Covid era has brought down my 1500/2000kms per month running to a sub-500km in the 'new' normal, it still pinches to compare the delta fuel costs with the shift. Fact is, VAG wont get back to diesels anytime soon so one can only hope for a good hybrid-petrol engine in the future.
That aside, the car reeks of quality and is the only choice in that price-bracket for folks like me who prefer a monocoque over ladder-on-frame SUVs for their ride and handling dynamics.
I sincerely wishes the DCC and TPMS was atleast an option on the Sportsline range. Would have made a lot of sense for folks who swoon over those black interiors. The Style version, to my mind, is just a dummy planted in the lineup to upgrade folks to the Sportsline or L&K.
I will possibly wait and watch for few more months and get into the ring once the discounts start rolling out from Skoda.
narula123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 14:45   #21
BHPian

My dealer says delivery against my pre-booking would be in 1st week of March. The long wait starts..
Old 18th January 2022, 14:52   #22
BHPian

Just the review I've been waiting for. Everything seems to be in order for me. Just one question though, can anyone here confirm if the third row offers Isofix?
Old 18th January 2022, 15:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Great Review. I think with Skoda cars, I am always worried about the 95 Octane petrol need and long term impact on injectors for the same. Does the Kodiaq also has such requirements ? I have read it in some of the other threads.

I saw it in one of youtube vids, the fuel tank lid of the Kodiaq has pasted on its inner portion that Octane RON of 95 and above for Kodiaq.
Old 18th January 2022, 15:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
. As mentioned, one must switch directly between Comfort <-> Sport to observe the difference (i.e. without engaging "Normal" mode in between).
GTO, any idea how the Style and Sportline trims will have their damper tuning set up? Any comments from Skoda regarding the same?
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 15:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Always loved the older Kodiaq & this 2022 version takes the game higher with the adjustable suspension which is such a BOON on our roads (a USP for sure), better sound system, ventilated seats & more. I enjoyed the cushiness of "comfort" mode, as well as the overall firming up in "Sport" mode. As mentioned, one must switch directly between Comfort <-> Sport to observe the difference (i.e. without engaging "Normal" mode in between).
With DCC in Sports mode, does it handle better than the Superb or at least close to Superb level? Thanks.

Last edited by novice : 18th January 2022 at 16:01.
novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 16:19   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Excellent review as usual! Way better than Autocar and Overdrive ones made availabe today. Time for T-BHP video reviews @GTO?

As they said, there is nothing quite like the Kodiaq in the Indian market. Quality, power, refinement, features- it has got it all. I love petrols, and it seems to be the perfect city car and highway mile muncher, but for two things i am not happy with-

I agree. The space in the 3rd row is indeed limited, and not at all comparable to other 7 seaters in its price range- the Fortuner has better seats, the Gloster even better. The Allspace also had the same problem. The issue is not only low seating position, headroom and legspace, but also the seat base width. Even small kids will not like to sit for long in the 3rd row.

A 58 liter fuel tank with an engine that will probably give 11 kmpl on highways equates to a 500-550 km range (given 5-10 liters in reserve etc). This will come down to 350 km range in mountains, where efficiency will come down to mid single digits. Get ready for some range anxiety like below. Not sure why Skoda could not have given a larger fuel tank.
I believe the actual tank capacity will be much higher. The Superb has a declared tank capacity of 60 litres, but when I do a tank full, it easily goes beyond 70 litres. Just did over 1000km with a tank full last week!!!
anujsd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 18:24   #27
BHPian

Great review and the one I have been waiting for. DCC is going to be an very good addition as adaptive dampers are not offered by anyone else in this price bracket.

I pre-booked L&K in December'21 and still waiting for an update on delivery.
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 18:34   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujsd View Post
I believe the actual tank capacity will be much higher. The Superb has a declared tank capacity of 60 litres, but when I do a tank full, it easily goes beyond 70 litres.
Wow! This is news. I never knew actual tank capacity is more than declared tank capacity. Do you face this situation at every fuel pump? Are you sure there was no pilferage?

A 1000km range is sweet I used to get that in the Jetta diesel during winters and it used to make me very very happy.
Old 18th January 2022, 18:57   #29
BHPian

I wonder if we are going backwards in terms of engine development. How can one engine fit all? I agree if this was fitted to a high performance sports car, like a VRS, but not to a 7 seater SUV, which already weighs around 1700Kgs, and if you consider Fuel + 7 other passengers, it could easily go beyonf 2.4Tonnes. Im sure, the Turbo would make it effortless, but will it even return more than 5-6Kmpl?
If VW group doesn't want to develop diesel anymore, and want to sell electric only in other markets, why do they push their only available pill up our throat?
Looking at their UK website, they only have a 1.5TSI and a 2TDI for the Kodiaq.

When should we expect these manufacturers to think co2 emmissions, Hybrids in India?
vinya_jag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 19:10   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Wow! This is news. I never knew actual tank capacity is more than declared tank capacity. Do you face this situation at every fuel pump? Are you sure there was no pilferage?

A 1000km range is sweet I used to get that in the Jetta diesel during winters and it used to make me very very happy.
I was a little worried the first time about 6 months back, got the fuel attendant to prove there's no pilferage. But with multiple fuel stations and the range in highways, I'm sure.

This is the result with 100km range left. The fuel rate in Gujarat brought out a BIG smile compared to Mumbai!!!
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_20220118_1903473.jpg
anujsd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks