Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2022, 12:25   #421
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Considering the fuel flow is not gravity fed , isn't that a sign of impending fuel pump failure? Perhaps a 'Robusta' pump is needed in all their cars.
Never felt need for a robust pump! But on a serious note, won't the fuel from the tank be taken in from the bottom?
dsr001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 14:40   #422
BHPian

Re: Getting Kodiaq delivery. Need advice on what all to look out for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PetrolheadASH View Post
I just got the chassis number of the car allotted to me
Congratulations and all the best. Just a quick question. Which color did you book?

Thanks and cheers
Old 26th March 2022, 09:34   #423
BHPian

Update on my Kodiaq -

Skoda agreed to my suggestion ( as suggestions by members here) to just drain the fuel from Shell, kill the errors manually and fill xp 95 and try it out.

It worked - Skoda tested the car to close to 200 kms under different driving conditions - interesting to note that they were not focused on speed or rpm. Different condition for them was engine temperature. I am not technical and service advisor said they will take readings from engine under different conditions. Will share report once I get it.
pk1972 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 11:02   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
Update on my Kodiaq -

Skoda agreed to my suggestion ( as suggestions by members here) to just drain the fuel from Shell, kill the errors manually and fill xp 95 and try it out.
Brother, good that errors have settled. But don’t buy this nonsense from dealer about the different readings in different engine temperatures. They’re not technically equipped to do all of that. And from my experience, for my car they’ve done several such trials for different issues, but that’s not a fair judgement of issue being permanently resolved. My suggestion would be to completely flush the system of any remaining bad fuel, burn a whole tank of XP95, and then get the fuel pump replaced at your cost for longer peace of mind. They can also show you on the diagnostics, different fuel pressure readings under different RPMs. That can be matched against the required values. If everything is fine, leave it as it is. But slightest of deviations I would suggest you to change the fuel pump.
Old 26th March 2022, 11:55   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Update on my Kodiaq -

Skoda agreed to my suggestion ( as suggestions by members here)
So did they agree post keeping the car for a week?
You also mentioned that they “tested”, so have they already or are they going to?
It just breaks my heart to see the repercussions of an action of filling up a tank to this. And it’s a new car
Old 27th March 2022, 17:37   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
I have been using the normal petrol on My 2 ltr TFSI A4 without any issues.
Gave me relief knowing that.

Though engines are from same family, can you please elaborate on 2.0 TSI v/s 2.0 TFSI ?
Old 27th March 2022, 19:59   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
So did they agree post keeping the car for a week?
You also mentioned that they “tested”, so have they already or are they going to?
It just breaks my heart to see the repercussions of an action of filling up a tank to this. And it’s a new car
Skoda tested before handing the car back. They got someone from Skoda itself to test - so took time.

But got to mention that both Raja Skoda service and Skoda including Zac on twitter were super responsive to the whole thing. They did not charge me anything except the new fuel added to the car! Very impressed with Skoda and the attention my car got during this episode.
pk1972 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 22:16   #428
BHPian

Can someone share the price for the 4 years service package and 2 years extended warranty for the L&K model. I will really appreciate it.
Old 27th March 2022, 22:29   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Gave me relief knowing that.

Though engines are from same family, can you please elaborate on 2.0 TSI v/s 2.0 TFSI ?
TSI and TFSI are similar, TFSI uses advance fuel injection technology which helps to achieve better performance and effeciency.

To give you further comfort, I have it in writing from Audi that its safe to use normal petrol.
goenkakushal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 22:43   #430
BHPian

Quote:
To give you further comfort, I have it in writing from Audi that its safe to use normal petrol.
Wow. You made my Sunday.

I hope Skoda can also offer such commitments in writing.
Old 28th March 2022, 12:14   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbochargedT View Post
Can someone share the price for the 4 years c and 2 years extended warranty for the L&K model. I will really appreciate it.
You can get service package at https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/supercare-campaign

It's 65799 for standard

and warranty at https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/sko...ended-warranty for 84k.
hrishig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 12:24   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda tested before handing the car back. They got someone from Skoda itself to test - so took time.

But got to mention that both Raja Skoda service and Skoda including Zac on twitter were super responsive to the whole thing. They did not charge me anything except the new fuel added to the car! Very impressed with Skoda and the attention my car got during this episode.

After going through the thread I started searching xp95 in Pune but found only XP100(160/ltr) at coco pumps. ( The delta is reducing as the xp100 price is fixed for long time) Filled car with 38 ltr, found no noticeable difference compared to shell normal in 10 min drive from the pump. Maybe I will start seeing a difference after a few kms.
Old 28th March 2022, 13:01   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Skoda service Center ran the diagnostics and found the fuel quality poor which triggered the engine electronics warnings.
"Poor fuel quality" is Skoda's favorite phrase for any issues with their engine. If they ran the diagnostics, please ask them for a full technical summary of what error codes were found in the car, how they determined that the fuel was of poor quality, and which of their technical tests did the fuel drained from the car fail to pass.

If you don't make enough of a hue and cry now, you'll be at risk of getting stranded by the side of the road again as they haven't fixed anything and have just returned the car back to you with the hope that nothing will go wrong again. In reality, they are completely clueless and are just deferring further technical debug until the next time your car breaks down.
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 20:57   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Now the big question and will appreciate members thoughts - Should I do PPF or should I just do detailing once in 6 months? PPF costs for xcel without roof is approximately Rs.1.5 lacs.
1.5 Lakhs for a PPF sounds unreal for a plastic film with adhesive being stuck to the car's painted panels, As GTO always says maintaining the car well, parking in a well covered spot and use a good body cover, detailing the car periodically well preserve the paint and make it look as good as new eve after months of driving, If I am not wrong there was a bhpian who shared his horror experience with 3M PPF for a hyundai i20, nonetheless wishing you happy and safe miles on the new Kodiaq, looks fantastic in the shade of Lava blue

Cheers

Cliff
Cliff9091 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 10:12   #435
BHPian

Quote:
TSI and TFSI are similar, TFSI uses advance fuel injection technology which helps to achieve better performance and effeciency.
It might be marketing gimmick also, as engine specifications & performance are ditto for A4 / Octavia / Superb / Kodiaq & A6 / Octavia RS 245.

Please correct if I am wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks