Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2022, 21:32   #451
AKB
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Internationally the 2.0 TFSI in the A4, makes 200 hp (40 TFSI) and 260 hp (45 TFSI). Hoping they bring the higher tune to India this year. It has a claimed 0-100 km/h time of 4.8 seconds!
Wishful thinking - but a well built car (like Kodiaq) with 45 TFSI and priced at 50-55L. I am thinking what will Toyota's response be .

Last edited by aah78 : 7th April 2022 at 01:47. Reason: Spacing, "."
Old 30th March 2022, 22:48   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
Wishful thinking - but a well built car (like Kodiaq) with 45 TFSI and priced at 50-55L. I am thinking what will Toyota's response be
Toyota will take it as an opportunity and increase the price of Fortuner by another couple of lakhs .
Jokes apart really wish they could get Kodiaq RS at least in limited numbers.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th April 2022 at 01:47. Reason: Spacing, "."
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 23:06   #453
BHPian

Per Skoda website, all Kodiaq deliveries from April 1 will be sold with the new price.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq.jpg
SR-71 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 01:06   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Per Skoda website, all Kodiaq deliveries from April 1 will be sold with the new price.

Attachment 2290884
Ridiculous. As has been posted many times.
The consumer will remember when this mad rush is over. The tide will turn.
Old 1st April 2022, 11:30   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Ridiculous. As has been posted many times.
The consumer will remember when this mad rush is over. The tide will turn.
Particularly given the number of deliveries or lack of it since the launch. Most ridiculous that the prices is higher even for a pre-booked vehicle.
Old 1st April 2022, 11:46   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

That said and done, they say they are already sold out for 2022, so what exactly does this price serve anyway, except piling on misery on people who have already booked it, ridiculous.

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st April 2022 at 12:52. Reason: Minor typo.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 13:05   #457
BHPian

Little update, after almost 3 months of booking the car, on 4th April, I received confirmation from the dealer that I have been allocated a car from Skoda and delivery will take place in the month of August. After further inquiries, the dealer informed me that till August, they will be delivering only 2 Kodiaq's. 1 in April, 1 in June and 2 in August. Post August, deliveries might take place next year.

Before Monday, I had a long discussion with the manager of the dealership on Saturday. His words were, Kodiaq has the least amount of importance on the production line, thats why the company has asked them to maintain absolute silence, regarding the Kodiaq. He was trying to push the Superb, with a guarantee of delivery, within a month. Skoda is busy pushing the Kushaq & Slavia.
Vikram_agg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 00:02   #458
BHPian

My SA has updated me that I might get delivery by end of the month. I am very confident about the car and my decision but this whole fuel issue bothers me. Can I just fill it up with normal fuel and not worry about the EPC issue? Or do I need to get XP95 everytime? Looking for valuable input of the owners. Will really help in cementing my position.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th April 2022 at 01:48. Reason: Typo, spacing.
Old 8th April 2022, 11:09   #459
BHPian

Took the Kodiaq on first long drive. Bengaluru to Madurai and back - an total of ~900 kms of highway driving. Drove in normal mode throughout the journey. Both sides were in day time so did not experience lights, visibility etc. night time.

1. The car was extremely good to drive and very smooth. Easily one of the best cars I have driven till now both in India and US. Very composed at speeds at 120+ and could take the curves without having to slow down. The ride is also very comfortable and did not feel much tired after an 6 hour drive.
2. Even in normal mode, the acceleration is very good. There is a slight delay as you press the accelerator but once you are past that, the car just takes off. You will literally fly past the rest of the traffic on the road.
3. Pretty quiet inside the car and you will not hear much of outside noise till you hit around 130 km/hour. Suddenly you hear a lot of wind noise like someone switched on a button!
4. Was thrilled to see small cars, tempos making way A first for me.
5. Overall mileage was 9.2 km/lit. I need to learn to go easy on the accelerator but I would prefer to have more fun than mileage atleast in these drives.
6. AC in sweltering heat of TN needs to be managed manually. You will melt by the time the auto does its job!
7. Seat ventilation is a boon in our weather - you will not realize the value of it till you have used it like I did first time in this trip. Same goes for lumbar support too. These are features which are very useful than gimmicks like ambient lighting etc.

I am hard pressed to find anything not good. The 120 kmph beeps are really annoying - anyone managed to stop that in Skoda cars?

It was a great touch by Skoda service consultant Muthu to check how the long trip went. I had told him earlier about the long trip coming-up while he was attending the bad quality fuel saga.
pk1972 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 11:35   #460
BHPian

Forgive my lack of information(if any), but why is only the Kodiaq having these fuel problems?

Octavia and Superb are running the exact same spec of engine isn't it? Have no similar problems been reported in those cars?
Old 8th April 2022, 12:04   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
I am hard pressed to find anything not good. The 120 kmph beeps are really annoying - anyone managed to stop that in Skoda cars?
You can get it coded to remove the speed dings. Drcodemyvw on insta. Pretty popular with the tbhp folk.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 8th April 2022 at 13:02. Reason: Broken quote tags
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 13:46   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbochargedT View Post
My SA has updated me that I might get delivery by end of the month. I am very confident about the car and my decision but this whole fuel issue bothers me. Can I just fill it up with normal fuel and not worry about the EPC issue? Or do I need to get XP95 everytime? Looking for valuable input of the owners. Will really help in cementing my position.
Skoda recommends 95 octane petrol in their new engines for optimal performance and efficiency. If you're unable to find a bunk that has XP95, you can always fill normal petrol(without additives) from a reputed/COCO/Reliance bunk. Having said that, I'd still stick to XP95 wherever possible.

Whenever I going on long drives in my Octy, I use the IOC bunk locator to locate bunks that have XP95 on my route.
akshay_b is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 12:06   #463
BHPian

Hi,

Any thoughts on taking the Extended Warranty for 5th & 6th Year @83,999/- AND the Skoda Maintenance Package @65,799/- along with the new Kodiaq ?

If someone has studied the fine print on the extended warranty and the SMP and can share views on what all is covered and what is excluded it would be most helpful.

Thanks

Last edited by sidpak : 20th April 2022 at 12:07. Reason: typo
Old 20th April 2022, 13:10   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Skoda recommends 95 octane petrol in their new engines for optimal performance and efficiency. If you're unable to find a bunk that has XP95, you can always fill normal petrol(without additives) from a reputed/COCO/Reliance bunk. Having said that, I'd still stick to XP95 wherever possible.

Whenever I going on long drives in my Octy, I use the IOC bunk locator to locate bunks that have XP95 on my route.
Tried both XP100 and XP95 but did not find a noticeable difference worth paying extra 35Rs per liter. Between Shell normal and XP95, I will go for XP95 any day.
Old 20th April 2022, 14:32   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpak View Post
Hi,

Any thoughts on taking the Extended Warranty for 5th & 6th Year @83,999/- AND the Skoda Maintenance Package @65,799/- along with the new Kodiaq ?

If someone has studied the fine print on the extended warranty and the SMP and can share views on what all is covered and what is excluded it would be most helpful.

Thanks
Extended Warranty is a No brainer looking at the history of Skoda Service. There are many threads on the same. Skoda Maintenance Package is useful based on your usage (on paper.) But many members take the maintenance package for peace of mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks