Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 10:01   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
With DCC in Sports mode, does it handle better than the Superb or at least close to Superb level? Thanks.
The current-gen Superb is not a handler at all, man. It's a soft limousine. If anything, I will say that the Kodiaq will be faster in the "real world" because of its firmer suspension in Sport mode + superior driver visibility (higher seating) + better ground clearance + AWD + fatter 235 mm tyres.
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 10:28   #47
BHPian

Just when you start appreciating Skoda's keen pricing, they go ahead and do this.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-kodiaq-423287

I'd rather they let take a few more steps to becoming a household name like the Innova before using such tactics.

On an unrelated note, wonder if the Superb with DCC is on its way. Would plug one of the few chinks in its armour.
Old 19th January 2022, 10:49   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Not sure what you found disappointing, but it is always good to have the option of an extra row of seats, on those rare occassions that you have excess passengers to ferry. Those traveling with all 7 seats occupied at all times would certainly not consider the Kodiaq for lack of space for 7 adults, but for occassional use a third row would be as useful/nice to have in an XUV700 as it would in a Kodiaq or Carnival.

Buddy pls see my post earlier. Even my 11 yr old son could not fit in the 3rd row.He was immediately uncomfortable in 5 minutes.

Please take a test drive to decide for yourself how usable it is for your family.

The Innova has a much better 3rd row IMO
drjaygoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 11:24   #49
Senior - BHPian

I still don't see why Skoda doesn't just do all this with the Karoq. The Kodiaq is just too big for city driving and that third row is pointless anyway! We're long past the age of badi-gaadi bragging rights too.

The Karoq with a nicer engine than the 1.5 TSI and some of the goodies here would be an absolutely perfect fit for India. Cheaper to buy and run too!

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 19th January 2022 at 11:27.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 11:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I still don't see why Skoda doesn't just do all this with the Karoq. The Kodiaq is just too big for city driving and that third row is pointless anyway! We're long past the age of badi-gaadi bragging rights too.

The Karoq with a nicer engine than the 1.5 TSI and some of the goodies here would be an absolutely perfect fit for India. Cheaper to buy and run too!
I agree, though their thought process could be that they already have the Tiguan in their parents group for the same case. Size wise and mechanically Karoq and Tiguan will be too similar. That said they have sold the Rapid and Vento for ages.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 12:48   #51
BHPian

Quote:

Probably because they want to push the Kushaq top models to the Karoq prospects. While I agree the market has matured a lot, my personal opinion is that the 'bada-gaadi' feels still help in making majority of the Indian audience shell out 40 lakhs for a Skoda (specially when a big white Fortuner is at a similar price)
Old 19th January 2022, 14:26   #52

Thanks to these pricing updates from Skoda, my dream of owning one pre-owned might get costlier. The design looks like a decent update and the interior looks fresh. That being said I would really miss the Oil Burner and I am pretty sure all existing owners are smiling on their way to the bank.

It's a well rounded 5+2 seater in the price range albeit the engine (personal opinion) and would love to see how this drives, soon with a test drive.
Old 19th January 2022, 14:31   #53
BHPian

Removing those felt linings in small storage compartments is really cheap. That too in L&K. It is such a delight to be able to toss in keys and coins without worrying about rattles.

From the pic, it looks as if the door bottle holder has felt lining? Is that right? That is another area which badly needs some lining.

Also, the change in symbol for the front fog lights, what does that mean? Do the fog lights have a different function now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Wow! This is news. I never knew actual tank capacity is more than declared tank capacity. Do you face this situation at every fuel pump? Are you sure there was no pilferage?
Yeah that's usually the case. The GT TSI has a capacity of 45L and I've filled up to 53L many times. Same with the Karoq which has a capacity of 50L and i've filled up till 55.
cpabhijit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 15:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Yeah that's usually the case. The GT TSI has a capacity of 45L and I've filled up to 53L many times. Same with the Karoq which has a capacity of 50L and i've filled up till 55.
That also means you ran your fuel tank dry, that can kill both high and low pressure fuel pumps. It is always a good idea to refill as soon as low fuel light comes up.
novice is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 16:39   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I still don't see why Skoda doesn't just do all this with the Karoq.

Agree with this 100%.

I had even tweeted Zac Hollis, but they continue with “no plans” for Karoq in India. A stupid decision IMHO. With so many models sharing the same drive train, local assembly of the Karoq should make financial sense even if they maintain the CBU prices.

If no Karoq, then ‘23 should bring a Kodiaq to my garage - hopefully
Old 19th January 2022, 16:43   #56
BHPian

Great review....thanks for sharing,

Did a longish test drive of the L&K variant earlier today and stepped out of the car with a big smile on my face,

Many of us have waited for almost 2 years for the relaunch of the Kodiaq in India and I feel that wait has been well worth it.

The engine is super responsive and makes the car fun to drive whether in traffic or in open stretches, the Canton sound system is miles better than what is fitted on other cars in this segment. The adjustable suspension is a big plus in my view and so are the ventilated seats in the hot and humid Mumbai weather.

I agree with GTO that this is a crossover that 'punches above its weight' and that this is way superior to the likes of X1, GLA & Q3.

I have gone ahead and paid the booking amount, hope to get the delivery soon 🙂

Cheers,

Sid
sidpak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 16:57   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
[center]

• 5-star safety rating & equipment (9 airbags + a host of electronic aids)
It doesn't have an official GNCAP rating for the Indian version, does it?

Maybe I'm being pedantic here, but I feel our reviews should reflect NCAP scores only if they are specifically for Indian version of the car tested under GNCAP, rather than approximating euro/asean etc. It's long known that India specific cars are often not at par with their international counterparts.

I am not saying that this car is unsafe or anything such. Just more so about the terminology I guess.
Old 19th January 2022, 19:16   #58
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Buddy pls see my post earlier. Even my 11 yr old son could not fit in the 3rd row.He was immediately uncomfortable in 5 minutes.

Please take a test drive to decide for yourself how usable it is for your family.

The Innova has a much better 3rd row IMO
I totally agree ! Even my 4 year old couldn't feel any comfortable in 3rd row of Innova Crysta longer than an hour. Breaking, cornering, sharp turn or even a quick lane change are a BIG no no for the 3rd row passengers, even in an Innova. I suppose it would be more claustrophobic in a Kodiaq.

Guess the 3rd row / pseudo 7-seater is only a marketing strategy these days by most of the automobile brands. Best suited for cabs with short distance city travel at the most.

Kodiaq is only a 5-seater with additional luggage space - which is much needed for a family vacation, no different in practicality than say a Q5, X3, GLC etc,.
Old 19th January 2022, 19:42   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Frankly some of the cribs about the last row in these cars are carrying things so far. We have used the Innova with adults in the last row all the way from Bombay to Shirdi and back. It’s not comfortable but not impossible to manage.

The Kodiaq (assuming it is similar to the Allspace) is materially worse than the Innova. But perfectly fine for reasonably flexible kids less than 5’ tall. We have used our Allspace for up to 1 hour runs with my son who was then 5’9” tall, and with a smaller (4 year old) kid in a child seat next to him. Yes, my son is a nice kid - and we had moved the second row ahead a bit, but he could manage under the circumstances. Would you buy this as a 7 seater - no, the only cars that are genuine 7 seaters in India are the Carnival, V Class and Toyota Vellfire. Even a GLS or an X7 is not a comfortable 7 seater in my view. But to say there is no value to an emergency use last row is incorrect.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th January 2022 at 22:20. Reason: Changed GLE to GLS as requested.
Hayek is online now   (28) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 23:04   #60
BHPian

Not that Matrix headlight feature should be a deal breaker for any but in this video, Mr Rohit Paradkar from Overdrive confirms 2 times, once at 1.30 and other one at 6.35 that Skoda Kodiaq does not have a Matrix headlights. Some of the above comments have alluded to it does have it. Not sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks