Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2022, 03:11   #676

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Hello Kodiaq Owners,

I got Kodiaq 2.0 TSI (LnK)delivered in July, and I need help understanding if I should buy an Enhanced Maintenance Package (EMP)or Standard Maintenance Package (SMP). The price difference is huge (EMP is Rs 141,799 and SMP is 65,799) however, there is a one-time brake pad replacement in EMP. Skoda has not mentioned it on their website about the same, but when checked with the service center, they confirmed it's a one-time replacement.
Can someone recommend which one to go for. SMP + extended warranty or EMP + extended warranty.

Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 14:11   #677
BHPian

Finally booked Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TSI DSG L&K Magic Black Colour. Paid 50k official booking amount.
Delivery expected Q1 2023.
Now the wait begins 😀
viky_s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 23:24   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuljha1310 View Post
Hello Kodiaq Owners,

I got Kodiaq 2.0 TSI (LnK)delivered in July, and I need help understanding if I should buy an Enhanced Maintenance Package (EMP)or Standard Maintenance Package (SMP). The price difference is huge (EMP is Rs 141,799 and SMP is 65,799) however, there is a one-time brake pad replacement in EMP. Skoda has not mentioned it on their website about the same, but when checked with the service center, they confirmed it's a one-time replacement.
Can someone recommend which one to go for. SMP + extended warranty or EMP + extended warranty.

Thanks
Hi, Extended warranty you can take even at the end of 4th year standard warranty. Skoda may introduce some offers in between or they can hike the prices up too. So you have to take that call.

For SMP vs EMP you need to study what all extras you get in the EMP and if they are worth/ required as per your driving style or the Kms you will be doing per year.
take for eg. Ask your A.S.S what is the cost of new brake pad sets and the labour to change them.

If the only difference between the two is brake pads replacement then its not wort it.

Attaching Skoda SMP list for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-6b5d737a19f54dabbfc660c4158409e5.jpeg  

Last edited by viky_s : 19th August 2022 at 23:26.
viky_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 23:58   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
Has anyone done any kind of Off-roading in the new Kodiaq. Mountain trails / broken roads etc. Not extreme trails.
Yeah.

Today took the Avalanche to the mountains & some raw trails. Following points noted:

1. Ground clearance is sufficient, not even once underbody scraped - not even in comfort mode.

2. Took her to an inclined short trail at somewhat 40 degrees - took control to manual mode, with auto hold with 3 passengers - torque is well heeled not even once engine panicked - all remained well below 2500 RPM at all times at M1 & she climbed effortlessly in normal engine mode.

3. In some slippery gravely areas I shifted to snow mode - noticed more on & off rear wheels engagement.

4. Handling & maneuvering is excellent - even at high speeds - Meridian can't match it up.

5. FE was 7 in mountain terrain & 12 on highways.

Word of caution: Kodiaq is quite much capable but, however capable your vehicle is, don't venture into the unknown wild trails.

Many a times, I have not experimented - parked her on a safe ground & ventured on foot.

Last edited by SilverSmoke : 21st August 2022 at 00:02.
SilverSmoke is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 09:37   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
1. Ground clearance is sufficient, not even once underbody scraped - not even in comfort mode.

2. Took her to an inclined short trail at somewhat 40 degrees - took control to manual mode, with auto hold with 3 passengers - torque is well heeled not even once engine panicked - all remained well below 2500 RPM at all times at M1 & she climbed effortlessly in normal engine mode.
Thank you SilverSmoke for this feedback .
I was little worried about the GC with 3-4 passengers . I read somewhere that Unladen GC is 193mm and laden is 140mm. Your trail run has definitely solved my doubts.

During the incline trails why did you switch to Manual was the Auto mode not able to handle the incline? Or

Happy Revving…

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd August 2022 at 08:45. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 21st August 2022, 20:06   #681
BHPian

Quote:
During the incline trails why did you switch to Manual was the Auto mode not able to handle the incline?
DSG does its job pretty well. There were 2 reasons for going M1:

1. Felt like I should start the climb with some momentum, so in order to stop engagement of 2nd gear, I gained momentum with M1 & locked onto it.

2. I didn't wanted to go to 2nd at end of the trail climb as well because there were other trekkers coming down to it - didn't desired them to panic.

Also, during this trip noted that when stopped in D mode, power draw is constantly at 1 KW with 1K RPM with AC running - when brakes pressed hard, it turns down to 0 KW then - same is when shifted to N & re-engage onto D - power draw remains 0 KW - also RPM drops below 1K.

So, when still in D mode, there is power loss & probable unnecessary strain on DSG, either depress the brakes with adequate force or shift to N. Fellow BHPians may check please.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20220821_195251.jpg
SilverSmoke is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 20:19   #682
BHPian

I have the option of getting a L&K or a Sportline. Booking exists for an L&K but I like the look of the Race Blue Sportline with the Black Alcantara Seats. Its sporty and better than the beige overkill on the L&K. There are 5 missing features between the two : 360 camera, Adaptive Dampers - DCC, TPMS, Ventilated Seats and Offroad Hill Descent Control.

Now I can live without ventilated seats, TPMS can be installed aftermarket, and I can live without 360 camera. What I want to know from the owners is what makes the DCC and the Offroad Hill Descent Control really worth going for the L&K ? I can easily change to sportline but I dont want to regret it later so really looking for some in depth advice regarding the worth of these two features which would make me want to compromise on the Race Blue Colour and the Black interior. Thanks in advance.
Old 21st August 2022, 20:39   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I have the option of getting a L&K or a Sportline. Booking exists for an L&K but I like the look of the Race Blue Sportline with the Black Alcantara Seats. Its sporty and better than the beige overkill on the L&K. There are 5 missing features between the two : 360 camera, Adaptive Dampers - DCC, TPMS, Ventilated Seats and Offroad Hill Descent Control.

Now I can live without ventilated seats, TPMS can be installed aftermarket, and I can live without 360 camera. What I want to know from the owners is what makes the DCC and the Offroad Hill Descent Control really worth going for the L&K ? I can easily change to sportline but I dont want to regret it later so really looking for some in depth advice regarding the worth of these two features which would make me want to compromise on the Race Blue Colour and the Black interior. Thanks in advance.
Hill decent control might be useful for someone who regularly goes off-roading, for someone who doesn't can easily get away without it. What's more practical and useful for daily/ regular driving is the hill hold/ rollback control! Which Kodiaq has it anyway.
Old 21st August 2022, 20:52   #684
BHPian

Quote:

Hi one of my colleague recently switched to Sportline from L&K as this variant was available immediately to him. He loved the black interior of the Sportline but now after few months of ownership he thinks that the seats of the Sportline are little hard as compared to L&K , also they are one piece seats ( like SPARCO etc) and the head rest is not adjustable. He misses the DCC too.
I suggest if you can try the seats of both the variants it would be helpful.
Hill Decent Control is not that big a deal if you are not doing steep declines regularly.
These are purely my views.

Happy Revving
Old 21st August 2022, 21:15   #685
BHPian

Quote:
There are 5 missing features between the two : 360 camera, Adaptive Dampers - DCC, TPMS, Ventilated Seats and Offroad Hill Descent Control.
Out of these, the only feature that you might regret missing is DCC, as Sportline will have Normal setting, which is quite stiff by itself. I prefer comfort mode when precise handling isn't an issue - it soaks up almost 85% of bumps @ 35 PSI.

I would suggest you to get a TD in comfort mode.
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:55   #686
BHPian

Fellow Bhpians. As per latest news on TeamBhp, Skoda is axing The Octavia and Superb from Fev-2023. Now as for the Kodiaq and Tiguan here is the news:

“While the upgrade to the evo4 AWD doesn’t make sense for the Superb and Octavia, the Kodiaq and Tiguan will get the EA888 evo4 DQ381-7A drivetrain developed by Audi AG from February onwards.”

I was under the impression that Kodiaq already uses the DQ-381-7A gearbox. Can anyone shed any light on this change. Will we get a more powerful engine and gearbox ?

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd August 2022 at 15:50. Reason: Minor formatting edits.
viky_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 15:10   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
“While the upgrade to the evo4 AWD doesn’t make sense for the Superb and Octavia, the Kodiaq and Tiguan will get the EA888 evo4 DQ381-7A drivetrain developed by Audi AG from February onwards.”
I think same gearbox but different upgraded engine, i.e. from Evo3 to Evo4.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 15:19   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I think same gearbox but different upgraded engine, i.e. from Evo3 to Evo4.
Thanks for the clarification.
Evo4 engine is the one used in Kodiaq RS variant right?It make 245bhp peak power.
So should one wait for the new Evo4 engine or take delivery of the current Evo3 engine?
Evo4 would take a FE hit too right?
Old 22nd August 2022, 15:51   #689
BHPian

I took a test drive of the Kodiaq L&K today. The last row is very cramped, it's only meant for small kids. The fit and finish seems nice and even the 8 inch touchscreen looks good (this is something I thought would look out of date but it didn't).

Coming to the drive, the car feels very heavy and there is some jerkiness at city driving speeds. I currently drive the 2016 Tucson Diesel and that car is much lighter and does not have the jerkiness being a TC. So I was not that impressed by the driving dynamics of the car (tried different drive modes), but the car has a lot of power on its disposal if needed unlike the new Tucson which has a that lowly petrol.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd August 2022 at 08:58. Reason: Minor spacing edits.
Old 23rd August 2022, 08:47   #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
I took a test drive of the Kodiaq L&K today.
Hi - can you please share where and which dealership you managed to get a TD. I have been searching for long.

I have a L&K booked too and I cancelled my new tucson diesel booking primarily for ride and handling reason.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd August 2022 at 08:57. Reason: Caps.

Most Viewed