Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2022, 09:45   #691
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by carObari View Post
Hi - can you please share where and which dealership you managed to get a TD. I have been searching for long.

I have a L&K booked too and I cancelled my new tucson diesel booking primarily for ride and handling reason.
Zedex Skoda Patparganj Delhi, they don't have a car on demo/for test drive. But some senior person from the showroom has the car, so the sales associate organised the test drive with that car.

Apart from this try contacting Brite Skoda Noida also they have the car on display I think but not sure about test drive.
koolkunz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 09:48   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

One fallout of the Superb & Octavia will be significantly increased demand for the Kodiaq with the new 'future-proof' Evo4 engine. There are just no options in the D1/D2 sedan category (apart from the Big 5), and many folks will now turn towards the Tucson, Meridian, Kodiaq & the Tiguan.

I'm expecting the 2023 allocation to be sold out very quickly!
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 11:57   #693
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
One fallout of the Superb & Octavia will be significantly increased demand for the Kodiaq with the new 'future-proof' Evo4 engine. There are just no options in the D1/D2 sedan category (apart from the Big 5), and many folks will now turn towards the Tucson, Meridian, Kodiaq & the Tiguan.

Very true. I also suspect if people are hoping for discounts on the last batch of Superbs or Octavias it may actually be the contrary. Demand to pick these up may actually be heavy before they are finally discontinued. There is little to no competition in the D segment sedans at the price point around the Skoda twins. The Camry has a very distinct appeal to its target customers.

I’m sad that such competent sedans, effectively the only value luxury alternatives to the big Germans / luxury brands, will no longer be available in our market.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:19   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Demand to pick these up may actually be heavy before they are finally discontinued.
Very well said, fully agree. In fact in my opinion, the older Superb will see higher demand vs the Octavia, as it is truly a 'giant-killer' in every sense of the word. The Superb platform is also more established (since ~2017), and apart from the DSG sword of Damocles, there is nothing really 'wrong' with it.

Compared to that, the Octavia is still a bit of an unknown.
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:23   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Very true. I also suspect if people are hoping for discounts on the last batch of Superbs or Octavias it may actually be the contrary. Demand to pick these up may actually be heavy before they are finally discontinued.
Totally agree and this is what I was referring in other thread too. Skoda will definitely reduce the supply now to avoid over stocking situation. And then the demand will go up to get a true sedan. So those who are in the fence it’s better to pick them now rather than waiting for March discounts, which I think might not happen. Similar thing we saw in Polo too, when the demand sky rocketed towards the end and many (including me) were not able to get a Polo in the end before phase out.

On other side demand for Kodiaq might go up with those looking for European below big 3. And I know no crossover can be a replacement for sedans, but hope Skoda do get some exciting ones like Kodiaq RS or Karoq etc.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 15:26   #696
BHPian

Quote:
One fallout of the Superb & Octavia will be significantly increased demand for the Kodiaq with the new 'future-proof' Evo4 engine.
Can I get your thoughts on this? The current allocation was sold out. The next allocation is for deliveries from 2023 for the Kodiaq. Do you think they will all come with the evo4 engines? If not when do you think the move to evo4 engines would happen for the Kodiaq and Tiguans?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Totally agree and this is what I was referring in other thread too. Skoda will definitely reduce the supply now to avoid over stocking situation.
Agree with you on this. Difference between BS4 fiasco and now is that dealers are not awash with inventory. They will be smart in managing existing and future bookings. Also at the current time this seems to be more applicable to VAG product line up than the rest of the market.

—————————-

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th August 2022 at 17:32. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 23rd August 2022, 15:53   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Can I get your thoughts on this? The current allocation was sold out. The next allocation is for deliveries from 2023 for the Kodiaq. Do you think they will all come with the evo4 engines? If not when do you think the move to evo4 engines would happen for the Kodiaq and Tiguans?
Difficult to say. The deadline to register non-RDE vehicles is anyway 1 April 2023. Anytime before that depending on the kits sent by Skoda CZ.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 19:25   #698
BHPian

Has anyone had any luck finding a good boot mat for the Kodiaq? I tend to keep the 3rd row seats down 99% of the time and so need something that fills that entire space.
Old 26th August 2022, 18:56   #699

Other than the boot mat, also looking for foot mat for third row. These were not included in the standard accessories of kodiaq.
Old 28th August 2022, 07:40   #700

Hi

These are the accessories I got from Skoda for my Kodiaq. I have written the item codes by the side. The serial numbers should help you get your third row mats and your boot mat. The pdf of the accessory list is also attached for your perusal.

Hope you both find what you are looking for at the earliest

GJM
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20220204_111753.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Skoda Accessories_January_2022 Only Kodiaq_a (1).pdf (1.43 MB, 214 views)
Vocalanesthesia is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 16:23   #701
BHPian

Is the 2022 Kodiaq a CBU or CKD ?
Old 28th August 2022, 18:24   #702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Is the 2022 Kodiaq a CBU or CKD ?
It's a CKD Assembled car.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 21:01   #703
BHPian

Wanted opinion from experts on the 2022 Skoda Kodiaq. Am in the process to decide on buying a Kodiaq L&K.

Regarding Skoda service there are some bad reviews on the net. Not sure how much to believe on all of that.

1) Are these service related complaints still prevalent on recent model vehicles of Skoda or these are ones or twos here n there, which can happen to any brand of vehicles. (Say the 2022 Skoda Kodiaq which is a petrol only model... I understand that the deliveries has just begun this year, but are service issues related to Adulterated Fuel which is the most common reported case expected on Petrol Kodiaqs also if I don't put a 95 Octane petrol?

2) Keeping the Adulterated fuel issue aside and if I religiously ensure that I fuel it up with 95 Octane only, then does Skoda still score bad on service as per your experience? Asking this, since mostly I see usage of Adulterated Fuel being cited as the root cause in many cases. Are there any other issues with Skoda service too? I have been given an expectation of 15-17k for the yearly estimate of servicing the Kodiaq in Bangalore.

3) Is Octane 95 Petrol difficult to get in South of India, where I am expecting most of my ride to be.

4) To completely get rid of this Adulterated Fuel issue, any mantra to be followed?

Thanks
Kurup
Old 29th August 2022, 14:30   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post

1) Are these service related complaints still prevalent on recent model vehicles of Skoda or these are ones or twos here n there, which can happen to any brand of vehicles. (Say the 2022 Skoda Kodiaq which is a petrol only model... I understand that the deliveries has just begun this year, but are service issues related to Adulterated Fuel which is the most common reported case expected on Petrol Kodiaqs also if I don't put a 95 Octane petrol?
There have been a few cases where poor quality of fuel has led to an EPC Error on the cluster. In some cases the fuel pump and fuel tank is completely drained and cleaned and the problem is resolved. Many are using regular petrol (91 RON) and many including me are using XP95 since day 1. These issues do seem to be occurring only in the ones filled with regular petrol, as far as I can remember. Let me tell you the poor quality fuel issue with errors and sluggish performance will come with any car nowadays. The engines are too sensitive to fuel quality and even slight deviations in parameters can trigger the errors in order to save the engine. For the EA888 Gen3B engine which is present in the Kodiaq TSI, recommended fuel is minimum 95 RON. The manual says, the higher in RON you go, the engine will be that much more smooth, and fuel efficient. XP 95 has been available for quite some time now and even on highways I have seen easy availability. But it might help to plan the route / stops as per the location of the fuel bunks with XP95.
It should not be a problem for you to find it in your city / state.
There is no mantra to be followed. Just be observant, careful when filling fuel in your car. Even in an emergency if you do need to fill up with regular petrol, always go to a pump that is very busy, check the fuel quality, if possible speak to a responsible person at the pump who has some basic info at least about the fuel being sold. Be observant on the driving part. Sluggish acceleration, increased level of NVH, poor fuel economy, these are signs of bad fuel in the system.
I have driven the car for ~6500 KMS till now, in about 80 days. Overall fuel economy has been between 10.5-11 KM/L.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 18:06   #705
BHPian

Thanks @adi_petrolhead for your detailed note and your personal experience. That does give some assurance.

Most Viewed