Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2023, 11:19   #931
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav1up View Post
I reached out to multiple dealers in KA and EVM, but most dealers have L&K in stock and not sportline. I'm looking for a blue sportline, new, not demo. If anyone knows a salesperson having one in stock anywhere, please do let me know. Thanks!
There are rumours of MY 2023 having some feature updates (from the SA who sold me my Rapid and dad's Superb, he's been in Skoda for 7 years so can't be wrong). Just wait till some news eventually leaks out.
Meanwhile I'll keep my eyes and ears open via the Skoda groups if there's any updates !
Happy car hunting .
kraken is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 23:36   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post

This is how it goes for the 2-stage. In the first motion, I insert 4 fingers of my right hand into the cavity behind the driver-door handle while not touching the handle. The vehicle responds with an audible click. I follow with a light tug of the inside portion of the handle with 4 fingers or so and at the same time slightly/ almost tap the sensor outside the handle with the thumb or a gesture similar to a tap. The rest of the doors unlock with an audible though different click.

When I do all the above actions consciously, it doesn't work many a times & end up locking the doors again but it works when done in a single fluid action.
If you tap the indentation on the outside of the handle at any point, it will lock all doors. To unlock all doors in the setting that you have chosen (Driver's door only), just tap the inside of the handle with 4 fingers twice in quick succession while making sure you do not touch the outside indentation.
saur95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 10:31   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
There are rumours of MY 2023 having some feature updates
In fact I watched a video on YouTube which seemed it was from Russia, don’t want to share the link here as I am not sure of its legitimacy. The video had a white Kodiaq seemed like an L&K but the front seats were like the ones in the Sportline. So I am leaning towards it being a Chinese model. It had a three spoke steering, touch AC controls like the ones in the Tiguan, large standing screen from the Enyaq, different design for the dashboard with ambient lighting strip running across tits length and best of all, it had brown interiors which were a shade darker than the Superb’s Cognac interior! But I really have my doubts, as I haven’t seen these changes applied in international sites as well.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 14:37   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
In fact I watched a video on YouTube which seemed it was from Russia, don’t want to share the link here as I am not sure of its legitimacy. The video had a white Kodiaq seemed like an L&K but the front seats were like the ones in the Sportline. So I am leaning towards it being a Chinese model. It had a three spoke steering, touch AC controls like the ones in the Tiguan, large standing screen from the Enyaq, different design for the dashboard with ambient lighting strip running across tits length and best of all, it had brown interiors which were a shade darker than the Superb’s Cognac interior! But I really have my doubts, as I haven’t seen these changes applied in international sites as well.
Yeah it could be the newgen Kodiaq you saw in the video. The current gen in the international markets is still well equipped but the problem is that they don't make those specs available for the India market. In my opinion the atleast L&K model for its 40L Ex Showroom should offer the following. ( How I wish Skoda India takes note for the MY 23 model as I have an order and awaiting my delivery in 1 or 2 months and I don't mind waiting for some more time if these are offered)

1. 9.2 inch Columbus system instead of the current 8 inch system. Its the perfect size in my opinion as the 8 inch system looks a bit dwarfed.
2. Travel assist - Front assist, ACC, Lane Keep asset and blind spot assist.
3. Option to choose the three spoke steering wheel instead of the two spoke unit ( not a big fan of that one)
4. Ergo seats as an option ( would be segment first if offered)

Offer the above, price the L&K at 42L Ex-showroom, it would still be the bang for the buck!

But this is where the 'price to value' is an issue for them as taxation simply doest allow them to go beyond given the CKD nature.

On the whole, I am curious to know what the updates could be. MY SA told me MY23 remains the same when I checked with him last year after my order. Honestly I will be happy if they don't strip down any more features in the name of chip shortage.

Last edited by vjbox : 7th February 2023 at 14:42.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 14:40   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
There are rumours of MY 2023 having some feature updates (from the SA who sold me my Rapid and dad's Superb, he's been in Skoda for 7 years so can't be wrong). Just wait till some news eventually leaks out.
Meanwhile I'll keep my eyes and ears open via the Skoda groups if there's any updates !
Happy car hunting .
Will you please keep us potential buyers posted as and when you hear anything on the new features I promise to do the same!
vjbox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 14:05   #936
BHPian

FINALLY got the call today that the car has been shipped from the factory. Irritating the SE daily has paid off I guess. Hope I dont have to wait for a longer period now that he's sent the profoma invoice. Cant wait!!!
sachinjoseph is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 09:19   #937
BHPian

Saw this tread of a collision between a Skoda Kodiaq and a Fortuner and the Kodiaq (1st gen diesel) is up in flames. If anyone gets to know more on this, any more news or reasons that the Kodiaq ended getting roasted. Please do share. What could be the reasons?

https://autobizz.in/high-speed-crash...-skoda-kodiaq/

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Also, please capitalize as required (car's make / model).

Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th February 2023 at 09:39. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
Old 9th February 2023, 10:59   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
Saw this tread of a collision between a Skoda Kodiaq and a Fortuner and the Kodiaq (1st gen diesel) is up in flames. If anyone gets to know more on this, any more news or reasons that the Kodiaq ended getting roasted. Please do share. What could be the reasons?

https://autobizz.in/high-speed-crash...-skoda-kodiaq/
Fortuner is a Diesel.

Skoda Kodiaq Facelifted model is a Petrol.

Diesel even if spilled wont catch fire whereas even a small amount of petrol is enough to catch fire.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 21:03   #939
Senior - BHPian

Guys are there any offers available on the Kodiaq currently? or can be expected in the month of March.
Thank you.
Old 10th February 2023, 09:16   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
Saw this tread of a collision between a Skoda Kodiaq and a Fortuner and the Kodiaq (1st gen diesel) is up in flames.
They say in the article its a diesel Kodiaq but is indeed the facelift model with the TSI engine. You can tell from the tail lights.
Old 10th February 2023, 19:16   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In fact I watched a video on YouTube which seemed it was from Russia
It’s definitely Chinese update to the Kodiaq GT.

Here’s the link
Old 10th February 2023, 23:59   #942
BHPian

2 months repair update:

10 February marks the completion of 2 months period of car workshop arrival.
Still waiting for the parts to arrive - again thanking to poor inventory management of Skoda. Though car is still left 30% more to be repaired.

Now it seems like eternity for parts arrival.

One can go to Czech Republic, take their parts & come back much before the Skoda's official process.

Whenever asked about the progress, its communicated - Sir waiting for parts arrival.

God save CKD CBU users.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img20230121wa0040.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img20230121wa0038.jpg

Quote:
They say in the article its a diesel Kodiaq but is indeed the facelift model with the TSI engine. You can tell from the tail lights.
Yeah its a latest gen TSI 2.0. Can make out from the headlamps cuts.

Last edited by SilverSmoke : 11th February 2023 at 00:02.
SilverSmoke is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 15:55   #943
BHPian

Booking Update:

My SA from Chennai Skoda called me that a MY23 vehicle has apparently come in and ready for delivery. I double checked if the CKD assembly is 23 and he confirmed it is 23 manufactured. I guess its a 22 CKD kit assembled in 23 ( hence called MY23) ?
He had called me a couple of months back too for a Black L&K which he said was MY22 that will be registered in 23.

Since we had planned to take it in Mar( allowing year end depreciation benefits) and are in no rush , I passed, but I asked him to verify if there are any features changes. He said except for the Alloy Wheel change ( actually degraded compared to previous L&K), there are no changes to the spec. I have asked for a spec sheet and awaiting the same.

Any member has any clue if there is going to be any potential feature revisions for the CKDs that are assembled in the days/ weeks to come? I suppose if at all MY23 gets feature revisions, the kits need to be MY23 manufactured too so they come with necessary hardware changes? I do remember Zac's statement that the same spec will run right through 23 year but I don't want to jump in sooner only to see some updates being rolled out in the subsequent kits. I have waited long enough already and don't mind waiting another month or two to rule out this speculation.

Folks in Chennai who would like to take delivery of a Lava Blue L&K immediately, do reach out to Gurudev Skoda ( Teynampet). I can DM the SA number if anyone needs it.
vjbox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 10:49   #944

Request Kodiaq owners to comment about AC performance in the vehicle. I have made a booking and waiting for the delivery. In the meanwhile, I would like to understand if there are any issues with air conditioning overall, and specifically last row as there are no AC vents.
Old 14th February 2023, 12:43   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post

Any member has any clue if there is going to be any potential feature revisions for the CKDs that are assembled in the days/ weeks to come?
Not much will be changed. As drivetrain continues as it is for 2023. Though if Superb is not coming anymore with the same drivetrain, can't say anything for Kodiaq. Most probably it will have hybrid technology incorporated with price going north. I don't think older kits will be much of the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemige View Post
Request Kodiaq owners to comment about AC performance in the vehicle. I have made a booking and waiting for the delivery. In the meanwhile, I would like to understand if there are any issues with air conditioning overall, and specifically last row as there are no AC vents.
It's fine. Nothing to down upon.

Only condition which might make you & rear passengers feel warm is bright sunny day - with roof acting as convection heater. Have to set at 20 degrees or lower.

After sunset - it will give you chills.
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks