Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2022, 14:01   #106
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
Even I have been grappling with the same Tiguan vs Kodiaq question. However, if you compare the Tiguan Elegance variant with the Kodiaq Sportline - for just an additional 4L ex-showroom you get:
1 - Much better Canton Audio System: No contest here. I am not an audiophile but the Tiguan sounds very bland in comparison - a dealbreaker for me. In terms of rating, I would give the Kodiaq - 8.5/10 and the Tiguan - 5/10
2 - More premium black Alcantara interiors: The Tiguan's interiors are ok for a 38L+ car but the Sportline's interiors makes you feel special when you sit inside
3 - Beautiful Alloy wheels: Sorry the Tiguan's alloys are just another deal breaker for me - huge eyesore. It is no surprise that most of VWs product brochures/images show the sweet R-line alloys instead. The Sportline's alloys are something special
4 - Optional 7 seats: Which you can transform into a larger boot when not required
5 - Slightly bigger size: Keep in mind that the 7-seater Kodiaq is just 20cm longer than the 5-seater Tiguan. I have test driven both and while Tiguan does "feel" lighter there really is not much difference in city conditions. Both are big cars and both have to be driven with care
6 - More Creature Comforts: To name a few - wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto, wireless charging, much better Ambient lighting, passenger side electrically adjustable seats with memory (manual passenger seats on a 38L+ car is blasphemy)
7 - Higher Safety: 9 airbags on the Kodiaq vs 6 on the Tiguan
8 - Higher Resale Value: Remains to be seen but I really doubt the watered down petrol Tiguan will hold its value better than an equipped-to-the-grill Kodiaq

Are the above differences worth the 4L extra? For me, absolutely! This is a car that will be with you for the next 5-6 years - the cost difference impact will just be <75K/year.

The Tiguan is a good car but not at 38L+ on road when you consider the competition and the numerous feature deletions.
Agree with you on 3,4,5,6 and 8. Kodiaq is part of my shortlist but only the L&K version. Sport seat is a deal breaker as my wife won't allow that. Also, maintaining Alcantara is a task. My daughter is a fan of eating chips at the back seat and it is a professional job to clean liquid stains from Alcantara. I love black interiors though.
On the music system - its seriously a neck to neck and worked just fine for me once you set the equaliser range to your liking.
What also doesn't do for me in Sportline variant is the absence of TPMS and Hill descent control.
I plan to keep the car for at least 7-8 years, so resale is not a concern for me.

My purchase is either the Tiguan OR Kodiaq in L&K trim.
Jangra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 14:59   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
For anyone interested here is the list of features removed in the new Kodiaq vs the older one:

1. Only 1 blanket instead of 2
2. Only 1 umbrella instead of 2
3. No net for storage in passenger footwell
4. No felt carpet lining in small cubby hole below steering
5. Door red light when opening deleted and replaced with reflectors
6. Torch from boot removed
7. Laurin and Klement embroidered stitching removed from rear seats (only front)
8. Boot carpet over the spare wheel removed.
Add to that the most important feature which has been omitted - the very unique door protectors which popped out when you opened either of the four doors, has been silently removed in the 2022 iteration. These were there in the 2019 L&K Kodiaq.
S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 22:01   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Add to that the most important feature which has been omitted - the very unique door protectors which popped out when you opened either of the four doors, has been silently removed in the 2022 iteration. These were there in the 2019 L&K Kodiaq.
Actually they removed that from 2019 end cars which were labelled as MY'20. My car is missing those as well.

There is a somewhat valid reason to omit those. International forums were flooded with those breaking off within months. If someone closed the door too hard, they wouldn't close on time and break.

Also it snagging against clothes/dresses.
Vid6639 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 10:06   #109
BHPian

For those booking the kodiaq:” Price applicable at the time of delivery” I decided to go a bit into depth on this. The ex showroom cost is going to be hiked by another 4-5 percent. When , they can’t say. But I have been specifically told it ll be more expensive by the time the car gets delivered after 4 months or so.
I have gone ahead and booked the Tiguan as it suits my needs better and I found it better to drive.
urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 11:40   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
For those booking the kodiaq:” Price applicable at the time of delivery” I decided to go a bit into depth on this. The ex showroom cost is going to be hiked by another 4-5 percent. When , they can’t say. But I have been specifically told it ll be more expensive by the time the car gets delivered after 4 months or so.
I have gone ahead and booked the Tiguan as it suits my needs better and I found it better to drive.
My SA at Bangalore too is very iffy on the landing price at the time of delivery (confirmed to me as well 4% hike). Not sure what is going on, feels like consumers are being taken for a jolly ride just because they are buying a flagship car from thier brand.
Old 25th January 2022, 14:12   #111
BHPian

Just an update to this. The Skoda SA had called today and said that if you opt for the Superb instead of Kodiaq due my reluctance on price clarity/inclination towards Tiguan etc a good deal can be worked out for the Superb L&K.
Old 25th January 2022, 14:24   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
My SA at Bangalore too is very iffy on the landing price at the time of delivery (confirmed to me as well 4% hike). Not sure what is going on, feels like consumers are being taken for a jolly ride just because they are buying a flagship car from thier brand.
Folks from Banglaore who have booked the Kodiaq: what confirmation have you received regarding the booking? was it from teh dealer or from Skoda India?

I have not received any confirmation from Skoda India and initial payment was also to the dealer, so not sure the booking has been logged in with Skoda.
Old 25th January 2022, 14:43   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
Folks from Banglaore who have booked the Kodiaq: what confirmation have you received regarding the booking? was it from teh dealer or from Skoda India?

I have not received any confirmation from Skoda India and initial payment was also to the dealer, so not sure the booking has been logged in with Skoda.

speak with your dealer and ask him, the call from Skoda should have come. I booked mine last Friday and got the call next day confirming my booking.
Old 25th January 2022, 14:44   #114
BHPian

From past experience, skoda India would send a confirmation note very soon. If I remember right, within 3-4 days. You may want to follow up with the dealer regarding that
Old 25th January 2022, 15:02   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Just an update to this. The Skoda SA had called today and said that if you opt for the Superb instead of Kodiaq due my reluctance on price clarity/inclination towards Tiguan etc a good deal can be worked out for the Superb L&K.
I was getting a similar good deal on a superb sport line. Until I realised it was a 2021 car hence the discount.
urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 15:37   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Please update what deal is available for the superb(L&K and sportline both if possible)
Old 25th January 2022, 16:13   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately your PM is not enabled. Can you share what offers you are getting for the Superb L&K. Is this in Bangalore ?
Old 25th January 2022, 17:16   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post

Got an call from Skoda India confirming the booking. But I have not got any email or written confirmation.

My dealer said today that the cars are currently under production and allocations based on booking will happen soon (no one knows when exactly!).
Should be an management case study on how not to launch a new product
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 20:40   #119
BHPian

My friend had booked Kodiaq L&K on Launch day.

He got email from dealer on 17th Jan that vehicle will be delivered by mid March 2022. Dealer wants full payment (including loan amount) before 26th Jan 2022 in order to keep us protected from the 4% price hike.

Looks like in spite of good efforts by Mr. Zac Hollis Skoda dealers have not shown any sign of improvement.

How can a dealer demand for full payment more than a month in advance? This would mean the EMI will start even before vehicle is delivered.

The vehicle was already booked on the launch date and the price applicable shall be the price prevailing at the time of booking and not at the time of delivery. As it was launch day offer. Similar to XUV 007 bookings of launch day. Hence no such increase should be applicable. Dealer is clearly trying to arm twist customer to finance their working capital at 0% interest.

Can anyone confirm what would be the right time to release full payment ?
according to me once the vehicle is allotted/ dispatched from plant (ideally ready for delivery within next 10days) one can make full payment.

Can the dealer apply the new increased price if not paid full amount by 26th Jan?
goenkakushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 20:42   #120
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone who has seen the Sportline in person, confirm if the roof liner is also suede-ish just like the material used on the door cards? Internationally the roof liner including the sunvisors are all suede lined in the Sportline. L&K has a normal Skoda roofliner as I saw it during the test drive.

Most Viewed